Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Phew! Agent Jewell is staying

The AGM could be quite a lively event. Once these slow witted farmhands get riled up there''s no knowing what could happen.

If it''s anything like poorman road you might see some of them breaking into a grumble or the odd hothead bursting into a low mutter ..........whilst still wringing his cloth cap and touching his forelock in to the direction of the top table.

Even after the red faced buffoon had shafted them the simple minded dimwits were treating his as somekind of radiant god, rather than stringing him up from the nearest lamp post.

Perhaps, just perhaps the rustics might just finally grasp what is going on at their impoverished club - but I wouldn''t hold you breath

[quote user="lappinitup"]Only the Supporters Club AGM. Still, they''ve got plenty to Pickover! [:D]
[/quote]

Should be quiet on here tomorrow then as several posters will obviously be absent.[:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Paul Jewell can''t do a pressy because he''s watching a dvd. Any ideas what?

The boy mucus is on his hols and isn''t interested..

You couldn''t make it up!

[/quote]

And theres much, much more to come

and if you want to watch their past five years in about 60 secs, watch this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGWsQbyOwM

[quote user="City1st"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Paul Jewell can''t do a pressy because he''s watching a dvd. Any ideas what?

The boy mucus is on his hols and isn''t interested..

You couldn''t make it up!

[/quote]

And theres much, much more to come

and if you want to watch their past five years in about 60 secs, watch this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGWsQbyOwM

[/quote]

[IMG]http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/jko/lowres/jkon228l.jpg[/IMG]

I''m not enjoying it...

Means nothing.

How does other teams beating Ipswich make you happy? Seems very weird, i''m all for us beating them and being the better team in the rivalry. But they are probably going to get relegated, and we''ll probably not play them for years and years. Its pointless even talking about them. If we can''t play them, there is no rivalry. And then your just laughing at a football club who aren''t doing very well.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not enjoying it...

Means nothing.

How does other teams beating Ipswich make you happy? Seems very weird, i''m all for us beating them and being the better team in the rivalry. But they are probably going to get relegated, and we''ll probably not play them for years and years. Its pointless even talking about them. If we can''t play them, there is no rivalry. And then your just laughing at a football club who aren''t doing very well.[/quote]You do remember their sneering smugness when gezillionaire Marcus Evans took them over, waving tenners at us, laughing about how their future was so bright?The Norwich to get relegated countdown clock last season?The dogs abuse we got from them when we were relegated to league one?I am enjoying the Karma.[:)]

Yeah, and everyone got all upset about that.

But now were allowed to laugh at them?

Makes us just as bad, and its no longer karma?

I don''t really care, you can do/think what you like. I just personally find no enjoyment from other clubs beating them, yeah its mildly funny they are completely useless at the moment but I don''t see the point in wanting them to get relegated. Them getting relegated will mean nothing. Us beating them 4 and 5-1, that mean''t something.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, and everyone got all upset about that.

I don''t really care, you can do/think what you like. I just personally find no enjoyment from other clubs beating them, yeah its mildly funny they are completely useless at the moment but I don''t see the point in wanting them to get relegated. Them getting relegated will mean nothing. Us beating them 4 and 5-1, that mean''t something.[/quote]Binner.[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not enjoying it... Means nothing. How does other teams beating Ipswich make you happy? Seems very weird, i''m all for us beating them and being the better team in the rivalry. But they are probably going to get relegated, and we''ll probably not play them for years and years. Its pointless even talking about them. If we can''t play them, there is no rivalry. And then your just laughing at a football club who aren''t doing very well.[/quote]

You do remember their sneering smugness when gezillionaire Marcus Evans took them over, waving tenners at us, laughing about how their future was so bright?

The Norwich to get relegated countdown clock last season?

The dogs abuse we got from them when we were relegated to league one?

I am enjoying the Karma.

[:)]
[/quote]

I remember. But remembering and caring are two different things. I didn''t care. I am with GP and - I strongly suspect - McNally - on this. The ideal situation is both clubs in the Premier League.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m not enjoying it... Means nothing. How does other teams beating Ipswich make you happy? Seems very weird, i''m all for us beating them and being the better team in the rivalry. But they are probably going to get relegated, and we''ll probably not play them for years and years. Its pointless even talking about them. If we can''t play them, there is no rivalry. And then your just laughing at a football club who aren''t doing very well.[/quote]You do remember their sneering smugness when gezillionaire Marcus Evans took them over, waving tenners at us, laughing about how their future was so bright?The Norwich to get relegated countdown clock last season?The dogs abuse we got from them when we were relegated to league one?I am enjoying the Karma.[:)][/quote]

I remember. But remembering and caring are two different things. I didn''t care. I am with GP and - I strongly suspect - McNally - on this. The ideal situation is both clubs in the Premier League.

[/quote]Binner.[;)]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah, and everyone got all upset about that.

I don''t really care, you can do/think what you like. I just personally find no enjoyment from other clubs beating them, yeah its mildly funny they are completely useless at the moment but I don''t see the point in wanting them to get relegated. Them getting relegated will mean nothing. Us beating them 4 and 5-1, that mean''t something.[/quote]

Come on, a city fan getting no enjoyment when Ipswich lose? Not smiling at the whole situation down there? Yes of course they did the same thing and will do if we get relegated or are on the end of a heavy defeat but I have no problem with that...I would find it strange if they didn''t gloat. It''s part of supporting the club.

We''re lucky to have had a strong rivalry build up as many clubs don''t have such a derby to look forward to (or are now trying to create one). I enjoy the banter with many Ipswich fans regardless of if they''ve played us or whoever it may be - it adds to the weekend experience and is simply enjoyable.

I feel sorry for you or anyone that can''t enjoy a rivalry. I love the way my gooner mate at work talks about spurs (and the frequent conversations he has with the only spurs fan there) the way my toon mate describes Sunderland, the look of ''don''t mention that word to me'' on my Scottish uncles face when I say Celtic and even the increasing rivalry between Dereham and kings Lynn (particularly at a wonderful senior cup final at carrow rd where the fans had to be separated - up the magpies!

It''s harmless (or at least should be) banter about what is essentially an escape from work and other stresses of life, I love it.

Well, it might be un-PC and un-Karma to laugh and rejoice at their continuous demise, but hell, I''m enjoying watching then implode!

Its brilliant.[:D]

I enjoy the rivalry when WE are playing them.

They aren''t in the same league, if they were in our league and doing terribly that would probably be more satisfying, but I couldn''t care less about whats happening at the bottom of the Championship. I would rather they got promoted so we could beat them badly again.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I enjoy the rivalry when WE are playing them.

They aren''t in the same league, if they were in our league and doing terribly that would probably be more satisfying, but I couldn''t care less about whats happening at the bottom of the Championship. I would rather they got promoted so we could beat them badly again.[/quote]Agree with you on this GP, pretty much ALL of my friends from home are Ipswich fans so I did enjoy myself last night but I would much sooner see them in the PL with us than the slow suffocating death their facing at the moment.

you have to be joking

the slow death was of their own making

whilst ''silly old'' City were paying their debts and being attacked on here regularly for not showing ''hambition'' the binners were thieving and stealing their way through the seasons - from blantant lying to their suppliers to defrauding the taxman of £5m

it was through their own dishonesty and greed that they were in such a parlous state in late 2007 that they had to hand the club over to an offshore arms dealer, on what must have been some of the most one sided terms in football

others such as Rangers and Pompey are suffering the same fate, albeit they are a bit further down the line than the paupers - but if football is to retain any semblance of integrity then cheating cannot be seen to prosper

at the moment it is not, long may it stay that way

[quote user="City1st"]

you have to be joking

the slow death was of their own making

whilst ''silly old'' City were paying their debts and being attacked on here regularly for not showing ''hambition'' the binners were thieving and stealing their way through the seasons - from blantant lying to their suppliers to defrauding the taxman of £5m

it was through their own dishonesty and greed that they were in such a parlous state in late 2007 that they had to hand the club over to an offshore arms dealer, on what must have been some of the most one sided terms in football

[/quote]

I don''t think I said anything about who or what was causing their slow demise, just that I''d rather it didn''t happen.

I completely agree that it is through their own making and it looks like they''ll have to face the consequences now.  This doesn''t change the fact that I would much rather us play each other each season than Ipswich no longer existing or slowly falling into lower league oblivion.

Surely a massive part of football is rivalries, and if your rival is a pale comparison on your own team it makes things slightly less interesting - especially for clubs such as ourselves where silverware is a rarity.  Or are we going to decide that Peterborough are now our main focus of attention....?  No, of course we aren''t.

"Or are we going to decide that Peterborough are now our main focus of attention....? "

er, no

it is the 19 other Premier League clubs that are our main focus of attention, and have been since May 2011

[quote user="City1st"]

"Or are we going to decide that Peterborough are now our main focus of attention....? "

er, no

it is the 19 other Premier League clubs that are our main focus of attention, and have been since May 2011

[/quote]Nit picking to the extreme, in context I clearly meant as a local rival.