Sign in to follow this  
crabbycanary

Phew! Agent Jewell is staying

"Surely a massive part of football is rivalries, and if your rival is a pale comparison on your own team it makes things slightly less interesting"

Nope, it is about winning games and being successful.  I doubt Man Utd have worried too much over the previous 30 years about Man City  being a pale comparison, in fact I should imagine it added to their enjoyment. Forest and Liverpools European success wasn''t diminished by their so called rivals being a pale comparison .

Our rivals are based on who were are challenging in competitive games. Just as West Ham will view Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea as their rivals, not Orient and Villa will see us as a rival on Saturday, not Brum or even Walsall. Much as Stoke will be enjoying their time in the Premier League and not whining about not playing Port Vale.

So maybe you should carry on with your own form of nit picking, one that cannot enjoy where we are because some grubby little club is not in the same league as us.  And try teLling that to the other 25,000 City fans who turn up to watch Man Utd at Carrow Road - "This is slightly less interesting because another team over 40 mile away are now a pale comparison to us"

I doubt you would be taken too seriously - our own ''Norwich crazy'' perhaps.

[quote user="City1st"]

"Surely a massive part of football is rivalries, and if your rival is a pale comparison on your own team it makes things slightly less interesting"

Nope, it is about winning games and being successful.  I doubt Man Utd have worried too much over the previous 30 years about Man City  being a pale comparison, in fact I should imagine it added to their enjoyment. Forest and Liverpools European success wasn''t diminished by their so called rivals being a pale comparison .

Our rivals are based on who were are challenging in competitive games. Just as West Ham will view Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea as their rivals, not Orient and Villa will see us as a rival on Saturday, not Brum or even Walsall. Much as Stoke will be enjoying their time in the Premier League and not whining about not playing Port Vale.

So maybe you should carry on with your own form of nit picking, one that cannot enjoy where we are because some grubby little club is not in the same league as us.  And try teLling that to the other 25,000 City fans who turn up to watch Man Utd at Carrow Road - "This is slightly less interesting because another team over 40 mile away are now a pale comparison to us"

[/quote]Let me just complete that quote which you have now taken out of context - "especially for clubs such as ourselves where silverware is a rarity".I fully enjoy where we are you imbecile, but it doesn''t mean I forget about our rivals, a team you write more passionately about than any other, ''City1st''.You may be eloquent but you are a troll of the highest order.

If we all had the nicey nicey feel then there would be no atmosphere at the derbies. The atmosphere is generated by the intense and bitter rivalry. I personally would be absolutely cock a hoop if in my life I could one day nip down the road and watch Wroxham relegate them one season for them to end up battling it out with Yarmouth. I''m quite happy relying on cup draws for us to meet again. I struggle to understand how any REAL Norwich fan would not delight in watching ipsh1t sinking. I would love for their ground to be blown up and them only being able to afford to erect a shed beside a cow field to replace it for their fifty fans. I farkin hate blue scum.

[quote user="The gut"]If we all had the nicey nicey feel then there would be no atmosphere at the derbies. The atmosphere is generated by the intense and bitter rivalry. I personally would be absolutely cock a hoop if in my life I could one day nip down the road and watch Wroxham relegate them one season for them to end up battling it out with Yarmouth. I''m quite happy relying on cup draws for us to meet again. I struggle to understand how any REAL Norwich fan would not delight in watching ipsh1t sinking. I would love for their ground to be blown up and them only being able to afford to erect a shed beside a cow field to replace it for their fifty fans. I farkin hate blue scum.[/quote]Who do you hate if they no longer exist?

I would want them to sink at the very least, as low as we did, but lower preferably. I do not want them to go out of business, mind. I would want to draw them in a cup competition, every now and again, and hammer them out of sight. 

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="City1st"]

[/quote]

Let me just complete that quote which you have now taken out of context - "especially for clubs such as ourselves where silverware is a rarity".

I fully enjoy where we are you imbecile, but it doesn''t mean I forget about our rivals, a team you write more passionately about than any other, ''City1st''.

You may be eloquent but you are a troll of the highest order.
[/quote]

[Y]^^THIS^^[Y]

Get yourself over here BW''s cat

they are jumping in the keep net now

HOPEFULLY shitty1st will soon be leaving and bring some peace to this forum. I will gladly FEAST on his remains if need be, and hopefully others will stop TUGGING at his TEAT. Binner needs to go back to TWTD.

"He has lighted the spark which is resulting in a moral uprising and will end only when the whole sorry mess of twisted warped thinkers are swept from the Norwich scene so that we may have a new birth of honesty and decency in team supporting."

"I struggle to understand how any REAL Norwich fan would not delight in watching ipsh1t sinking."

I think the sixth word says it all

... the grubby little fraudsters will eventually find their level - and hopefully Clegg will get a bit more advice from the ever ''onest ''arry and that process will continue, even faster

RIPswich

Paranoia is an unfounded or exaggerated distrust of others, sometimes reaching delusional proportions. Paranoid individuals constantly suspect the motives of those around them.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][IMG]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZ4erXcP_xn-4Bm87UVOrXUZKJSw6JVc-HSeWbvYy51NG8j7l1bg[/IMG][/quote]Snowy never trolls.But he F£$king hates 1p5wich.

Ipswich under Evans

• 2007-08: Eighth

• 2008-09: Ninth

• 2009-10: 15th

• 2010-11: 13th

• 2011-12: 15th

Would be interesting to see the debt stats alongside this, from £35m to £70m.

I wonder if they''re still waving tenners around...

The attendance figures have slid from around 25,000 to 15,000

likewise their season ticket holders have fallen away, as has their annual income year by year

but hey, they don''t have the burden of paying for a decent CEO - one who has seen the atendances up, the season tickets up and the income up to an incredible £75m in one season - frighteningly not much less than what the paupers have earned since Evans took over

and the only thing that has fallen .... is our debt

why didn''t we get an ''hinvestor'' ?