Sign in to follow this  
DT

Charlie Austin

See the lad scored again tonight only seen him play a couple of times but seems to be scoring for fun this season ! Do you think he could maybe do a job here, or would his price tag now be sky high ?

He would be tidy, but for 3 million you would be able to pick up a more than capable striker from Europe. Think our team of scouts need to find some European talent. British is over-priced.

We found tettey so I would hope we can find two European strikers. I think we need two but one would be ideal this january

Imo I would rather pay that bit more for a British forward but then that''s a different debate altogether. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on him really ?

He''s going to be way more than 3 million quid, I just had a quick glance and it looks like Villa and Newcastle are interested in him. If you think about how much Jay Rodriguez cost then I would imagine Austin would be more than 3 million.

And that is why I do not see it being a good move.

Europe would seem much more of a likely option. If you want proven in the premier league it is going to cost from the teams around us with Jeremy and Carlton cole possibilities. You go the championship and just watch the figures rise.

How many strikers make the step up though.Holt andRickie Lambert have but Rodriguez cost saints £7m and seems to be struggling. £3 or £4m worth a gamble i suppose but becomes a risk above that

I have to agree with what alot are saying about the price being an issue as I think there are gonna be a lot of teams looking at him ! I would not feel that happy about splashing more than 3-4 mil on a player that may or may not make it in the premier league ! Then I guess this is what are scouts get paid for to see the potential.

My mate is a Burnley fan and when Austin has come up he has agreed that he has a very high chance of leaving for the Prem at Xmas, but was quick to say that if J Rod was worth £7m then Austin will go for £10m minimum.Personally if McNasty is serious Austin for up to £15m is a must.

No way mate 15 mil would be stupid money and think of the wages he would want to go with that sort of transfer fee ! Wouldn''t want the club paying this sort of Money at the moment maybe if we were pushing for Europe but even then not on an unproven player !