Sign in to follow this  
Bill

LDC - the Churchill of our times

When this board was clogged up with the spineless, the weak willed and the lily livered,  one voice and once voice alone spoke out in the darkness ... our own Lake District Canary

When the whingers and whiners/closet binners and the trolls were in full flow, and it wasn''t fashionable to stand firm, there stood LDC. Mocked, taunted and openly laughed at he continued with the belief that we would come good.

Well maybe we have, just. Perhaps our troubles are not completely over and Saturday may not have seen the end of those troubles, but we have turned a corner.

So in tribute to LDC and his ''we''ll fight them at every ground" post, his ''the few'' post (those who stuck with Hughton) and the memorable post where he shook his head and said in a northern voice ''Oh no, no. no " I give you this piece of music, which also contains numerous photos of LDC -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moL4MkJ-aLk&feature=related

(kicks in best at 1.50 secs and is a great bit of backing music to his posts)

Lake District Canary - a true City hero

[img]http://kittentoob.toobnetwork.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/cat-hairball-cartoon-540x324.gif[/img]

"You just need an Adolf now City 1st......."

where would one start ?

Omg...I don''t count myself among the trolls, whingers, etc... I was just feeling worried. But then again, most of the reactions on here were OVERreactions... I mean you can''t start calling for a managers head after he''s managed a few games, among which were top top sides in England and Europe. I''ve never uderstood that either. But I do not believe in blind optimism either. I will be a City fan, whatever happens, but I reckon it''s only fair to have an opinion of something (without being too negative) that can''t be called optimistic.

Churchill writes in his memoirs that it was his duty to be resilient , but that he knew all too well that, at some point in WW II, Great Britain was very very close to defeat. Especially just before the Lend Lease agreements with the US and the possibility of a German invasion.

But...all my respect for LDC, ''cause his posts were agreeable to read and react to...which couldn''t be said of many others...

Can we also point out we beat Manure 2-0 the season we got relegated.

Great victory and not even LDC really expected it, so rather than have a downer why not just keep positive.

A result like this could unite the fans, but threads like this are designed to drive a wedge into the fans again, maybe this is what City1st wants, maybe he''s the real Troll, never happy unless this board is full of in-fighting!

But good on you LDC, positive to the end and what a great result for the fans, the players and the manager.

is whole Board was united in support and praise on Saturday night and Sunday morning ... and afternoon and evening.

Now all of a sudden an "Iron curtain has descended across it." (W.S. Churchill c. 1946.)

Thanks City 1st.............err.....I think! [:)]

Not so keen about the "northern" bit - I was born just off the Yarmouth Rd, two miles from Carrow Rd - only been up here a few years.

There are plenty of positive supporters/posters but I suppose I do stick my neck out a bit and ask for trouble. My posts are meant to be positive  but not delusional - after all, a lot of my stuff is just a reaction to the over-reaction!

So pleased we got the win on Saturday - it makes the next match that more appetising! 

On the music front - try this one..............go on - sing along - you know you want to................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAtdPAENJwg&feature=related

I can''t believe this has now resorted to Hero-Worship. LDC was not the only one predicting the win and as he keeps saying there is MORE to go. Such arrogance.

Hmmm, I am all for the positivity.But this kinda smacks of trolling the trolls.I prefer to take the dignified high ground.[:)]

[quote user="City1st"]

When this board was clogged up with the spineless, the weak willed and the lily livered,  one voice and once voice alone spoke out in the darkness ... our own Lake District Canary

When the whingers and whiners/closet binners and the trolls were in full flow, and it wasn''t fashionable to stand firm, there stood LDC. Mocked, taunted and openly laughed at he continued with the belief that we would come good.

Well maybe we have, just. Perhaps our troubles are not completely over and Saturday may not have seen the end of those troubles, but we have turned a corner.

So in tribute to LDC and his ''we''ll fight them at every ground" post, his ''the few'' post (those who stuck with Hughton) and the memorable post where he shook his head and said in a northern voice ''Oh no, no. no " I give you this piece of music, which also contains numerous photos of LDC -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moL4MkJ-aLk&feature=related

(kicks in best at 1.50 secs and is a great bit of backing music to his posts)

Lake District Canary - a true City hero

[/quote]

Lazy deluded old soap, why didn''t you link it to 1m 50 secs then?[:^)]

"maybe this is what City1st wants, maybe he''s the real Troll, never happy unless this board is full of in-fighting!"

perhaps a grown up could look up the word irony for you

"Not so keen about the "northern" bit" - LDC

Here''s a clue then - Churchill, northern, ''Oh no, no no'' .................... if not

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEiJF0c8MlM

[quote user="City1st"] LDC - the Churchill of our times[/quote]Well, we''ve had our run-ins but I''d never suggest he was a manic depressive with an alcohol problem.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Thanks City 1st.............err.....I think! [:)]

[/quote]

You''re right to be uncertain, ldc. It is a very mixed compliment. Churchill was spectacularly incompetent/wrong about pretty much everything - running the Admiralty, Gallipoli, the gold standard, being a peactime prime minister. The exception was the threat posed by Nazi Germany and acting as a wartime leader. City1st is accusing you of only ever having got one thing right. I wouldn''t be happy with that.[:(]

The Churchill reference was to his speeches and his stance - and that alone.

"City1st is accusing you of only ever having got one thing right".  No. You are making that up, as there is nothing in this thread where I said anything that suggests.

I would therefore suggest you be minded of the fate of someelse with a similar casual attitude towards truth - one, Mr Joyce.

"maybe this is what City1st wants, maybe he''s the real Troll, never happy unless this board is full of in-fighting!"

"perhaps a grown up could look up the word irony for you"

What the hell are you on about? Where''s any irony in you constant attacks on some negative posters, every thread, every day!

Maybe you should try to find the irony in yourself and explain, because your not ironic, but irritating and moronic at times. Shame as sometimes you have soem good posts and certainly have good points, but your constant poking in every thread is boring, not required and rather smacks of a dull person.

er, not everything should be taken that serious

and not everyone of my posts has to be read, especially by folk such as yourself

ps it is you''re as in you are (not your)

Should you not start with a capital? so Er not er?

You really don''t like it when you get targeted do you! Real one sided bully if you don''t agree with City1st you must be a Binner!!!!or troll! Funny that you have one of the biggest post counts, constantly look for a fight with your "Whit" (Ironic, unlike your attempt) and searching back, most threads start to go into decline once you start with your input.

Still never mind as said I can choose to ignore you or not.

"Funny that you have one of the biggest post counts"

And you count them as well, dear me I do think you should get out a bit more

(though on second thoughts, perhaps not)

Oh you are good, I should get out more, what you with 5000+ posts, that''s classic!

Well City1st yet again you bore me so I won''t bother with your baiting anymore! See if you can start more in fighting after we beat Villa, you can have yet nother go at those who have concerns, who look at life from a pessimistic point of view! You know the ones you keep calling binners!

Keep up your trolling!