Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Arteta vs Norwich. A fascinating statistic

From EPL Index.

Mikel Arteta – Ended up on the losing side but he attempted a 106 passes, (you read that right 106 passes) while the entire Norwich City team (including substitutes) attempted just 240!!

OTBC

Could you tell me why it is fascinating?

Seems quite obvious to me, he passed the ball a lot and was the only arsenal player who looked competent.

Another fact, which probably is fascinating or even relevant for some ''fans''

the losing side didn''t score, the winning team did

Adj. 1. patronizing - (used of behavior or attitude) characteristic of those who treat others with condescension

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]I really do need to re-install the chrome app that allows the forums to function properly..[/quote]Unfortunately, even Chrome doesn''t ignore Bly''s "fascinating" threads. [:S]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From EPL Index.

Mikel Arteta – Ended up on the losing side but he attempted a 106 passes, (you read that right 106 passes) while the entire Norwich City team (including substitutes) attempted just 240!!

OTBC

[/quote]

What I did find interesting was this analysis of the game, from an Arsenal perspective:

http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=2495&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=naaarrrrch

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From EPL Index.

OTBC

[/quote]

What I did find interesting was this analysis of the game, from an Arsenal perspective:

http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=2495&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=naaarrrrch

[/quote]Very interesting read.Very sour grapey though.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From EPL Index.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very interesting read.

Very sour grapey though.

[:D]
[/quote]

It does rather make the point at which I am sure Bly was getting with his Arteta statistic, namely that although Arsenal made hundreds of passes very few of them were into dangerous areas.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From EPL Index.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very interesting read.

Very sour grapey though.

[/quote]

Typical Gooner!![:P]

Apart from underestimating Holt,a very good analysis.Cheers Purple.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From EPL Index.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]Very interesting read.Very sour grapey though.[:D][/quote]

It does rather make the point at which I am sure Bly was getting with his Arteta statistic, namely that although Arsenal made hundreds of passes very few of them were into dangerous areas.

[/quote]Didn''t they also have about 70% possession too?Hard work and good tactics won us that game as much, if not more than, Arsenal''s off day.

Sure I also remember an article on this site about their keeper wanting to "hammer us" in the lead up to game. Shame it could be claimed he was at fault for the decisive goal(as well as no-one closing down Tettey shot and slow reaction to keeper spill other than Holt with assured finish)..But they say what goes around comes around..Maybe Arsenal keepers could do with watching and learning something from Mr.Ruddy in goalkeeping!!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

From EPL Index.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Very interesting read.

Very sour grapey though.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Didn''t they also have about 70% possession too?

Hard work and good tactics won us that game as much, if not more than, Arsenal''s off day.
[/quote]

Quite so.

Here''s a few more stats.

OTBC

I thought it was a fair analysis of arsenals performance very Holtamania esQue. accepted they lacked passion commitment and guile to break down an organised opponent that did deliver its game plan

And jus what I am missing from Holtamania!

Arteta had duel role, one sit in front of the back four and start the passing move and two, sandwich Holt everytime he went up for a header with a defender. He did both a lot but had little impact.

Purple, thanks for that link.  It got me wondering whether any Norwich fan had the time and access to turn around a similar analysis of our performance on a regular basis.  There seemed to be a hint that Holtmania does - is this right?  If so are his ruminations up to this standard which are both comprehensive and understandable (if a little unfair on Holt!).

Finally loved this quote - "Whereas obviously, when defending, sometimes you have to forget about positioning and just stop the bloody fella who’s about to get a shot at goal."  So bloody true - have it!