Sign in to follow this  
Chris Gorehams Alter Ego

Villa Park-ing?

I travelled by car last season and I found away parking quite thin on the ground personally. Got there quite early(11.30 for 3KO) but every car park near ground we were turned away from,pre-booked/coach/home parking only. We ended parking under a fly-over which had a social club situated on it about a 10 minute walk from the Holte end of the stadium but the roads were gridlocked for at least an hour after,some crazy one way system thing going on!..I''ve since been told the easiest thing to do is park in Birmingham itself and bus the short way to ground and would be tempted if I was going this time to give that a shot..I hope you have a better result parking and score than me last season!!OTBC

I found parking there easy last season. Came off the M6 at Spaghetti Junction, went right at the roundabout, turned right into Aston Hall Road and there were a number of matchday car parks along there. The one way system afterwards was a bit odd though...

In recent years I''ve lived in Birmingham and just got the train, as if you go to Witton station it''s no more than a 10 minute walk (max) to the ground. And it''s only about 10 minutes on the train from New Street. So possibly park up in the centre and go from there if you struggle for matchday parking.

Went last year, loads of parking for around a fiver, all within 10 minutes of ground and just off M6, on way back was on motorway within 10 minutes.

do a search of aston villa parking and it lists loads of spots

we parked in a gargae yard that was locked during the game

Back in the 90''s you could park on street and the local lads would ask for a few quid to "look after" your car. I always said if car is ok when I get back I''ll pay you and they would be there after the match and I would give them a couple of quid.

Street Parking has now ceased, but pub car parks and local factories have signs up for parking for about £4, but do say your leaving early or they will block you in. See you all there on Saturday [quote user="city4eva"]

Went last year, loads of parking for around a fiver, all within 10 minutes of ground and just off M6, on way back was on motorway within 10 minutes.

do a search of aston villa parking and it lists loads of spots

we parked in a gargae yard that was locked during the game

[/quote]