Sign in to follow this  
RonnieCorbet

Dion previews Villa Norwich

Just watched this video of Dion Dublin previewing the Norwich Villa game this weekend. Interesting to hear the perspective of someone who has played for both clubs.Seems to think if Villa are at their best, they will win convincingly, but if they are at anything less than that, then we will win convincingly. He also thinks most of our fans will give Lambo a good reception...http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/video_dion_dublin_previews_norwich_city_s_premier_league_trip_to_aston_villa_1_1668213

Typically vague I thought. If they''ll convincingly beat us if they are at their best, I would have thought he''d think they might beat us, but less convincingly. I can see it being quite even though.

I think Lambert will get a mixed reception, but predominately negative, largely due to the recent stuff in the media.

I have to question the op here - was that really interesting?

I love big double D but seriously, what a lot of b*ll*cks. He''ll watch that back and be embarrassed. He normally does a better job than that on LKO, I think he must have been a bit tired! Just a load of cliches and vagueries.

Norwich lads will want to show their old manager, old manager will be desperate to win, Norwich play well they win, Villa play well they win, Villa fans are impatient... Blah de blah de yawn!

And what''s he on about saying PL is under more pressure because there are lots of clubs in the area!? They always say Newcastle is one of the most high pressure jobs ''cos it''s the only club in the area! Oh and the club is 3 times the size in terms of the stadium? Er, so Villa Park holds 80,000 does it? I don''t agree they have better players either. I''d only take Bent and Agbonlahor from their squad. Although that''s just an opinion. Still, zzzzzzzzzz...

I agree a1, some fairly contradictory and non-sensical thoughts by Dion.

One that stood out for me was that if Villa are at their best they will win "at a canter", but if they are even the tiniest bit below that Norwich will win convincingly... eh?!

Still it is only his opinion, still a club legend.

As he probably still wants the chance to be liked by both clubs, probably respects both clubs and wants the chance to earn cash from both clubs in the future, are you surprised it is vague?

[quote user="Wiz"]

I lost faith in DD when he leaked and buggered up the CMS transfer saga.

He''s just hedging his bets.

[/quote]

I think he knew what he was doing as he''s a good judge of player. Pheeeeew.. that was close !!

[quote user="a1canary"]Better than Cody though eh [;)][/quote]

.. and even better than Chris Martin, but still not up to Prem standard IMO.

"If Villa play well they''ll beat Norwich,  if Norwich play well, they''ll beat Villa, if neither team play that well it could be a draw,  if  Villa score Norwich will have to score to get anything, if Norwich score, Villa will have to score to get anything, if  Norwich score two, they  will win unless Villa score two, if Norwich score three, Villa will have to score three to get anything, if Villa score three Norwich will have to score three to get anything, if nobody scores it will be a 0-0 draw.....if....  if...  if...  if...."

Bring back Lawro, all is forgiven!  [:S]