Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

John Ruddy Rumour - £5.5m?

to join Arsenal in Jan after deal not quite sealed in time on transfer deadline day.     Is apparently the reason we signed Bunn...

Its the first I have heard of this - anyone else heard this or am I being pranked??

Well, if that''s the case, despite his awful kicking, [:)]  let''s use that money to get Forster who is a better keeper IMO.

Nah, not for me.We don''t need to sell, and I can''t see the logic in why we would want to sell Ruddy.

If we get that sort of money I would stick with Bunn and hinvest in a striker!

Worth more. Current England international. Go for £7-8 McN., if he has to go at all.

How much did Sunderland pay for that youngster? £9m, I believe. 

Sounds like complete nonsense to me.

1) Not a Wenger style goalkeeper, Ruddy is a little slow off his line and distribution isn''t a strenght.

2) Norwich signed Bunn two days before the transfer deadline - more than enough time for any deal for Ruddy (which would have been close to completion if Norwich were signing his replacement already).

He has come on leeps and bounds and will be off for big money in the next year. I would have thought nearer £8m mark is a more reasonable expectation. Bunn seems fine and we have young back ups if we do get that sort of cash i would go for a young quality striker

And didn''t he say that he was committed to Norwich City when the PL rubbish was in mid stench.  It''s not like he stood on his head in front of Wenger last week as well.

Probably a load of turd. This quote was from the article when he signed the new deal in June:

"''The main thing for me is that my family are really settled here as well. My lad starts school in September, so it''s nice to get a bit of security for them too.

''I have had a great two years so far, and I can''t wait to be a part of it for the next four years.''"

Doesn''t sound like someone who''d be leaving/sold a couple of months later.

Would be simply amazed if he left now after what he called a hellish few years at Everton, for whom he appeared just once, and was otherwise loaned out to also-rans in the lower leagues or to Scotland. He admitted in interview last year that he had got so hacked off that he seriously considered giving up the game.

Also, having the England goalkeeping coach at the club must be a bit of an attraction.

Know for a fact that another club are very interested in

Ruddy and have already been knocked back once before. And I’d be amazed if

there were no other enquiries for his services, but I’d be even more amazed if

we sold him.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

to join Arsenal in Jan after deal not quite sealed in time on transfer deadline day.     Is apparently the reason we signed Bunn...

Its the first I have heard of this - anyone else heard this or am I being pranked??

[/quote]

So what''s your track record with rumours Zip?

You''re not a poster who I associate with these things.  Lay out your credentials buddy[:O]

[;)]

[quote user="paul moy"]Well, if that''s the case, despite his awful kicking, [:)]  let''s use that money to get Forster who is a better keeper IMO.[/quote]

Cannot believe your still banging the Forster drum

Deluded

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="paul moy"]Well, if that''s the case, despite his awful kicking, [:)]  let''s use that money to get Forster who is a better keeper IMO.[/quote] Cannot believe your still banging the Forster drum Deluded[/quote]

[Y]

Nutty makes a good point. ZLF is one of the last i''d expect to post transfer rumour stuff. Hence i''m inclined to believe that you have either been pranked or that there''s something in it.

I don''t see why people are saying they would be amazed if he went. First of all, as fans we shouldn''t be amazed by anything in this business, but secondly it''s not at all far fetched. Regardless of the rights or wrongs of it, it would be a useful sum to reinvest in the squad, £10m rather than £5m we might potentially spend on a striker in January. Difference between a Jordan Rhodes and a Nikica Jelavic. As the board, so you would have to consider it.

What you can be sure of, is that if Arsenal do come in for him (and they do really need a decent keeper), he WILL want to go, no question.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "][quote user="paul moy"]Well, if that''s the case, despite his awful kicking, [:)]  let''s use that money to get Forster who is a better keeper IMO.[/quote] Cannot believe your still banging the Forster drum Deluded[/quote]

[Y]

[/quote]

Well, Adrian Durham said ''Watch out Joe Hart !!''  after the Celtic game, so I have powerful backing.  [:D]

Once Szczesny is fit he would end up sitting on the bench, that wouldn''t do his England chances much use now would it.

Just don''t see it happening, even if anyone does come in for him, he would probably want guaranteed first team football which none of the supposed top sides would be able to offer him, whereas we can and do.

This is obviously only my opinion.

It''s probably a load of speculation but in any event I would expect at least 7-8 million for a prospective future England keeper.

Unless Hart gets a serious injury he''s never going to be first choice England keeper.

Although I think Ruddy is fantastic, Joe Hart is better. And Ruddy is actually a few months older than him. So its not a case of wait a few years for Hart to be too old.

Doubt this rumour is true.

And Forster is not better than Ruddy.

as posted already, once arsenal have a full set of fit keepers, ruddy would end up on the subs bench for a while, and I feel like he is deserving of a first team premier league place.

secondly, I wouldn''t say Bunn is a full time starting prem keeper. would make a decent back up if ruddys injured for a few weeks or gets a red, but other than that...

[quote user="Wiz"]Can''t see the big man going anywhere soon......unless..........he got a touch of the good life whilst on England duty.[/quote]

Many players have been known to get itchy feet after spending time with the England squad. Compared to most of us Ruddy is an extremely wealthy man - compared to some of the other members of the England squad he is a pauper.

Hard to know how often he''ll be able to see Cashley, Rooney and even people like Milner and Barry dropping £100,000 on champange before he feels he ''could do better''. Just looking at Ruddy''s twitter feed shows you the amount of free stuff he suddenly started getting after his first call-up.