Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Which is the "loyalest" stand

Which stand is the spiritual home of the true Norwich City supporter? The sort who turns up season after season, what ever the slings an arrows of outrageous fortune may throw his way?

River End - morgue

Barclay - over-excitable bed wetters

South Stand - arriviste "new" fans

Main Stand - old hands who have seen it all before

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''d guess South Jarrold Mc Stand for you? Probably bought a half season ticket when it first opened?[/quote]Oh dear.Which stand do you sit in at Portman Road. Not the away one I bet.[:)]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]All stands are equal, but some are more equal (at least the informed opinions of those occupants) than others[/quote]Lets pretend you actually go to Carrow road.Which stand, theoretically, do you sit in?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]All stands are equal, but some are more equal (at least the informed opinions of those occupants) than others[/quote]

Lets pretend you actually go to Carrow road.

Which stand, theoretically, do you sit in?

[/quote]

Surely if he does go (choke myself laughing) it would be too namby pamby happy clappy to sit so I would expect him to stand throughout the game!!! (If he doesn''t he obviously is not a ''real'' fan)...........    damn, Morty, we''ve fed the troll again!!!!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I''d guess South Jarrold Mc Stand for you? Probably bought a half season ticket when it first opened?[/quote]Actually, I bought one of those seats when the new south stand opened. Does that make me an unloyal supporter? I''m fairly sure if you cut my arm off there''d be a canary fly out of it.You have to bear in mind that not everyone wants to sit in a particularly trendy stand. I just like to have a good view of the game.Also, having spent several thousand pounds on the football club in the 8-9 years since I started going (aged 15), I feel entitled to this opinion.*Feeds the troll*

A "half season ticket wonder" eh? You must have ben breathless with excitement to see West Ham at chrimbo for that first game in your shiny new seat. Meeting all your new chums who had also never been to Carrow Road before.

I always liked the hoarding and think we should have stayed as a thre sided ground - it was lucky and kept those wannabe types away.

Ah the Snakepit, home of the burberry clad lobbers of season tickets at Gunny. Home of the thin wheezy types with notes from thier mummies saying they can skip PE who will one day grow a pair and get a ticket in the Barclay where they''d all secretly like to be.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Ah the Snakepit, home of the burberry clad lobbers of season tickets at Gunny. Home of the thin wheezy types with notes from thier mummies saying they can skip PE who will one day grow a pair and get a ticket in the Barclay where they''d all secretly like to be.[/quote]

Mungo is the kind of sh*t stirrer no-one wants to have working  with them or for them.    A chip on both shoulders and he lets everybody know it.   His "gang"  at Carrow Rd - if he has one - will be small and insignificant - probably like the size of his appendage.   His divisive nature and setting fan against fan is a bit like having a  "binner" in your midst.   His apparent knowledge of the club shows he is probably a fan, but his posts on here are nothing to do with being amongst the vast army of real Norwich fans.   He is more like a lone voice in the wilderness crying out "I''m here, I''m here". 

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

You must have ben breathless with excitement to see West Ham at chrimbo for that first game in your shiny new seat.[/quote]

Except, of course, the West Ham game was in February.  If you were a true Norwich fan, you''d have known that, of course...

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Which stand is the spiritual home of the true Norwich City supporter? The sort who turns up season after season, what ever the slings an arrows of outrageous fortune may throw his way?

River End - morgue

Barclay - over-excitable bed wetters

South Stand - arriviste "new" fans

Main Stand - old hands who have seen it all before

[/quote]Haven''t you answered your own question?

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Which is the "loyalest" stand[/quote]Ah, a trick question.  The answer is of course "the armchair", which is where I have been enjoying Norwich City games since we won the League One title.  I can watch every game, see every replay, catch up with all the post-match interviews, drop six acid tabs, and then phone up "Canary Call".

Spot on LDC. I would also apply this description to a few others on here. Step forward our own Joseph McCarthy.

The Main Stand opened in 1986, the River End opened in 1979, the Barclay opened in 1992 and the South Stand opened in 2004 so the Main Stand must be the "Loyalest" Stand, the others must all be plastic stands/glory hunting/Jonny come lately stands.Does that answer your question Bongo Simpleton?