Sign in to follow this  
DEB (never forgotten)

Overwhelming favourite for new Town boss is........................

Personally have always been a Hoddle fan.   Great footballer and a good manager/coach.   Even did well with England.   Some slightly - shall we say - alternative - ideas, but if you can overlook that he would imo still make a good manager. 

If he was to go to them down the road, they would almost certainly start improving - so lets hope he doesn''t!

Hoddle''s views on life have clouded his reputation as a good football Manager as well as his standing and respect as a man.

Its all very well having "out there" views, a lot of people do, but keep them to yourself Glenn, theres a good lad.

He masterminded some good displays as England Manager and did well at Swindon as well, ditto Chelsea. Has also done very well with this soccer academy or whatever it is he has set up in Spain. So you do wonder if he''d want all the bullshit of getting into club management as well. But if he did, he''d have them playing and doing well in no time, especially as he''d focus on the football!

I guess the only ''problem'' a lot of clubs and players would have with him as a coach is that when lesser players can''t do what came to him as second nature and struggle to comprehend, let alone carry out his tactics and drills etc, he gets frustrated and lets them have it-hence the need for a good number 2 as good cop to his bad cop. That has been John Gorman previously.

He''d do well with them.

Ip5w1ch need more than a faith healer, they need a bloody miracle.. what a shame !!

[quote user="lake district canary"]Personally have always been a Hoddle fan.   Great footballer and a good manager/coach.   Even did well with England.   Some slightly - shall we say - alternative - ideas, but if you can overlook that he would imo still make a good manager.  If he was to go to them down the road, they would almost certainly start improving - so lets hope he doesn''t![/quote]Glenn Hoddle once said disabled people were being punished for something they had done in their past lives.God knows what he did in his past lives to be punished by having to manage Ipswich Town.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]Personally have always been a Hoddle fan.   Great footballer and a good manager/coach.   Even did well with England.   Some slightly - shall we say - alternative - ideas, but if you can overlook that he would imo still make a good manager.  If he was to go to them down the road, they would almost certainly start improving - so lets hope he doesn''t![/quote]Glenn Hoddle once said disabled people were being punished for something they had done in their past lives.God knows what he did in his past lives to be punished by having to manage Ipswich Town.[/quote]I don''t know why disabled people got the hump.  The two words ''past lives'' indicates he''s rather deluded.

I''d be very disappointed if Hoddle got the job as I think he''s a goo manager. The fact he has wacky ideas doesn''t change that and I fear he''d do a good job there.

I''d much prefer Shearer or Curbishly who would continue the great work of our man Jewell.

I''d be very disappointed if Hoddle got the job as I think he''s a good manager. The fact he has wacky ideas doesn''t chdange that and I fear he''d do a good job there.

I''d much prefer Shearer or Curbishly who would continue the great work of our man Jewell.

One of the other problems with Hoddle is that he seems to be hungry for the challenge as he has been rejected for a couple of other positions.

It would be a good move for them .................. too good!

Hoddle must have had a fair good influence on our current coaching staff what with Trollope and Calderwood playing under his management at Swindon, the latter at Spurs too. Of course Hughton would have played alongside him.

[quote user="The Pinkun Role Model"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="lake district canary"]Personally have always been a Hoddle fan.   Great footballer and a good manager/coach.   Even did well with England.   Some slightly - shall we say - alternative - ideas, but if you can overlook that he would imo still make a good manager. 

If he was to go to them down the road, they would almost certainly start improving - so lets hope he doesn''t!
[/quote]

Glenn Hoddle once said disabled people were being punished for something they had done in their past lives.

God knows what he did in his past lives to be punished by having to manage Ipswich Town.

[/quote]

I don''t know why disabled people got the hump.  The two words ''past lives'' indicates he''s rather deluded.
[/quote]

Well, I''m sorry but I found it rather hurtful, hopefully, he''ll get the job as a fitting punishment for that thoughtles statement.

If it was Hoddle, then I do not think he will be a success. He can only work with what he has got (unless Evans wants to pump many millions in) and the Binners do not have the time or players to do ''fancy'' football. They are in a scrap for the next few months. Hoddle doesn''t seem anywhere near the ''style'' of candidate they need