Sign in to follow this  
RvWs 4 year contract

Tomorrow's big game.

Anyone else starting to get nervous? I know its "only football blah blah blah" but for everything riding on tomorrow''s game it is bigger than most. Just my opinion.I''ve gotta get up early for the game but I''m not sure how I''m going to get any sleep tonight. It feels like a derby match. Had a whole summer of their stupid fans bragging about "how much bigger the Villa are than your poxy little club, why would Lambert think twice about moving here?". I''d like us to win for the points AND the bragging rights which normally only happens when we play that filthy little club down the road.Anyone else feeling like this or am I massively over playing the occasion? OTBC.

Villa is the closest thing we will have to a derby, but I agree it feels similar to days before ipswich games. made even more important by the need for 3 points. but I would just love to shut those Vile fans up for a while, too.

As i said in a different thread tomorrow game is going to be interesting on many level''s, just to see how our players react to facing Lambert... keen to put one over him for being ditched for a so-called bigger club,or all pally pally??? .... how our supporters are to him, applaud, boo, down right abuse or ignore him???

I for one hope our fans are signing ''you''re getting sacked in the morning'' after we drub them 3 or 4 nil !!! Dreamland i know... agree with OP about being nervous and having the feeling of a derby/dare not lose game... i''ve had a bet on a Holt hat trick in a 3-2 win ''''''Come On You Yellows'''''''''''''''' :) ..... and as i write this i can feel the nerves in the pit of my stomach starting to twitch about the game!!!! OTBC

Yeah I''m nervous, as previously said, theres lots of factors and sub plots to this game.I''m looking forward to it, but I''ll be happier when I''m on the coach home, 3 points in the bag.

I get nervous with every game, for 90 minutes I''m biting my finger nails and for some reason feel stressed. Weird how football makes you feel.

It would be great to get a win, but I''m not that confident.

I have to confess I can hardly contain the nervous energy ahead of kick-off. If I was playing I''d have to avoid putting in an early reckless challenge due to the adreneline. The psychology in football is so important, I hope our boys are mentally prepared. In this respect the new boys in Bassong and Tettey could be crucial.

I hope the likes of Holt can channel it.

I''m trying to keep busy but the anticipation hurts. How are others dealing with the wait?