Sign in to follow this  
Libbra Lives in Dubai

Let's buy Charlie Austin in January

He is on fire, when he went to Burnley he was rated highly, but has been injured so much. Could be a potential gem at around £5m if he can step up.

I think on his current form Austin might end up being £8m minimum maybe just that bit too much

A player I''d like us to go for is this American-Armenian guy Yura Movsisyan who plays in Russia for one of lesser sides FC Krasnodar and is currently top scorer in the league with 9 goals and considering he''s in the same league as Eto''o, Hulk and Kerzahkov is quite something

The guy has bags of pace, great finishing, good heading at a good height ( 6ft 1 ) and is great with his back towards goal

He really shouldn''t cost more than around £2- £4.5m and really could turn out to be a great bargain

He could well be worth a try and , goals apart, he seems to have a game about him. He generally gets himself more involved than Rhodes does, although not as much as CMS. These being previously muted for or connected with the Club.

To those who cite that he is just a good lower league striker unproven at Premiership level, stating the obvious really, taking punts on such players is Norwich City''s lot at the moment unless we can uncover a surprise package from European football. We cannot afford the Darren Bents of this World at this moment in time.

Some fail some don''t and for every Grant Holt or Dean Ashton there is a Billy Sharpe or a Jermaine Beckford, of course We just have to take the kind of risk that the bigger clubs wouldn''t consider. It need not be a massive one either as any fee can be minimised by add-ons and sell-ons in the overall package and by the fact that should he not quite come off he will still have a significant value to ambitious Championship clubs.

We need a striker or two asap, in my opinion, that will require a bit of risk taking whatever the price or whatever the background of the player. 

The previous player  touted by some was Cameron Jerome I think. A decent call, but Austin could be more of a revelation and he likely wouldn''t have such big wage demands. 

I like the idea of Yura Movsisyan perhaps coming in come January. Wonder if City scouts have had a look? I would thnk that Chris Martin might go out on loan to make room. Could be worth a shot without breaking the bank.

give the name of the team mate at least ?I think Austin would be a good move, but if Burnley let Jay Rod ( a local boy and hero) go for 8m, they will want 10m + for Austin.