Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Villa predictions

It will be very interesting to see the players reactions with Lambert, especially at the end of the game, win lose or draw, as Lambert likes to come on the pitch and shake his own players hands normally, so ours will be close by.

This could be a very winnable game, as mentioned above Villa have defensive issues as they may only have 1 recognised centre back fit. With this in mind I''d be tempted to do what we did to Newcastle last season who were in a similar situation and go with Holt and Moro up front with Pilks and Bennett pinging in the crosses from out wide. 2-1 City.

0:0

A sleepy early Saturday start that won''t truly get going till the second half.

A half chance or two for each team from set pieces but both prematurely settling for a draw rather than the dreaded defeat despite PL sweeping his arms towards the City goal and imploring his men to dash forward.

Lots of handshakes all round at the final whistle.

Was thinking this morning if Lambert had left Villa for us and the game today was at Carrow Road. I would have been so confident of a Norwich win, almost certain of it.

Unfortunately I think we will be taught a harsh lesson today. Villa''s victory will be by a few goals and our chairman will have to learn to keep his mouth well and truly shut.

A Norwich win today would close the chapter on Lambert and fully install Hughton in the conscience of our supporters whatever the compensation wrangle.

It would be huge; everything would move on; back to back wins; settled team and formation and momentum fully restored.

Lambert has a mixed history with reunions: he wins big or loses big and the former is based on self-victimisation while the latter is based on deference. He must have some mixed emotions if he only hates Bowkett and McNally.

It''s an unuasual situation because pre-match is dominated by things that shouldn''t really affect the game. Villa were below us last season and below us today. I doubt Hughton has had much if anything to say about Lambert. On the pitch today''s game is about the two teams and not the two managers.