Sign in to follow this  
Row D Seat 7

Villa predictions

Here we go then.

Unfortunately I think we will be beaten, and comfortably.

I''m going for a 4-1 defeat. We will score first. They will quickly equalise. We will push forward and leave gaps which Villa will exploit.

I think Darren Bent will have a good day tomorrow.

Yes, it''s very pessimistic of me, but I can just see it happening and Lambert smiling at the end of the game.

Over to you...

3-1 Norwich

High on confidence, scoring goals, kept arsenal at bay compared to losing last several weeks as Villa have done.

I''m going to say it will be a scrappy game that we will just edge 2-0 from a long range Alex Tettey strike and a Michael Turner goal from a set piece

:D

Really not sure on this, to be honest.Too many factors to take into consideration.They are the home team, so should be favourite. But they are playing badly.Yes we beat Arsenal last week, but clearly a poor Arsenal.We all know Paul Lambert''s ability to motivate a team for a game, and he will be motivating them for this one, not only because its his old team, but we''re a relegation rival that they feel they should take points off.Our players will want to put one over on Lambert, and we will want to beat a relegation rival.[*-)]

Agree with OP, though I think it will be Villa 3-1 Norwich

Would love a win over Lambert though, these matches with hype tend to go in Lambert''s favour though

I posted this on a Villa site:-

"Where was I? Ah yes, back to Villa Vs Norwich. The way I see it is that Lanbert will make a big mistake thinking he knows the Norwich players. He will form his team (Oh how he loves rotation - you''d think he was managing Barca!) based on what he considers individual weaknesses. That will be a mistake as already his knowledge of them is out of date - it;s a different team to last season in many, many ways. Villa will try to head straight through the middle of the park and each attack will be swallowed up by mister Bassong and co and Garrido and Martin will support Pilks and Bennet flying off down the wings whilst Holt creates havoc in defence netting at least twice with Tettey bursting through from midfield to volley a scorcher from 25 yards without the keeper even moving!You have my full permission to copy and paste the above paragraph as a post match report on saturday evening!!!Anyway, come what may I''m sure it will be a great game. Both teams need to win, can''t afford to lose so it will probably be a draw!"

To which I shall add :  I predict a 1-7 win for Norwich and Lambert will move back to Colchester!!!

2-0 to City. We''re fielding our best team now with Pilkington, Bassong and E. Bennett back, and the formation looked very sound against the Arse.

Our Lambert signings will all be well motivated against a poor Villa side.

Pilkington and Holt to score.

So many times we have met and lost to a team that has been struggling, that I fear the worst.

I can''t see us scoring many, and I fear that an odd defensive error or two may creep in, so Ill go for a 1-0 or 2-0 defeat, but I''m hoping for 1-1.

Even a draw would be a disaster for them considering their next few fixtures. A point would do fine for us.

If the game is tight then they and the crowd could start to get nervy and we could well sneak it, especially if we are as tight in our defensive play as last week.

Villa Park is not a good place to be at the moment and doubts and conflicts are beginning to raise their ugly heads. I sensed a ''coming together'' of Hoots and the Club and the team and the support as the game against Arsenal unfolded last Saturday. Lambo has yet to achieve this status and I''m hoping that these factors point to another surprise Canary win, but I''ll settle for a draw anyday. No team, including, a  dishevelled Villa, is a pushover when at home in the Premiership and Lambert''s teams don''t lie down and die.

the disappointing thing is, if we win, and stoke/sund ends in a draw, we stay put! but, having 9 points is takes away the disappointment completely :)

I''m going for a 1 goal lead either way, more tempted for 2-2 or 1-2 us.

This idea of Lambert not knowing our team.

Do they not have televisions in Birmingham? Do Villa not employ scouts? Did no one from Villa watch us against Arsenal? Has Lambert missed the news over the past few months? Think we have the same squad and no knew manager?

All serious questions. Really don''t understand why people would think Lambert would base his team/tactics on his team from last season.

As long we don''t get beaten then i''d be happy with that, but in my heart all week i''ve felt a Holt hat trick in a dramatic 3-2 win would be awesome, unfortunately i''ve now bet on this score line so it just wont happen !!!

[quote user="Gingerpele"]This idea of Lambert not knowing our team.

Do they not have televisions in Birmingham? Do Villa not employ scouts? Did no one from Villa watch us against Arsenal? Has Lambert missed the news over the past few months? Think we have the same squad and no knew manager?

All serious questions. [/quote]Bless.

I’d love Norwich to win. However, Paul Lambert has an unbelievable ability to rouse his team when it matters – and Villa’s home game against Norwich really matters to PL as he has already said: “…it’s a massive game for ourselves. We have to win, that is the bottom line.”

I’ll go for Villa 3-1 Norwich. And I hope I’m wrong!

I really don''t see us getting beaten at villa. I think most likely outcome will be a score draw. Would love a win though!

Darren Bent is the goal threat unless Benteke suddenly clicks. But Bent depends on service; he hardly touches the ball except to attempt to score. Last time out Agbonlahor played his annual top match and set up Bent so can lightening strike twice?

Villa have one of the youngest and least experienced sides in he league and are playing under enormous pressure. We have to avoid incentivising them, so keep it tight and wind the crowd up accordingly.

Villa have defensive problems. I''d like to see Holt and Moro up front with the emphasis on early crosses and these two putting themselves about. This means Wes making way and it would be a Norwich side trying to incorporate Wes that Lambert would surely seek to exploit.

Bassong can take care of Bent and my main concern would be that Benno supports Russ on his wing.

We only need to draw whereas Villa have to win. I''d like to see us start with a cautious mindset but 20 minutes in begin to build into it and ultimately be offensive. this could be a high scoring draw or a heavy defeat for Villa provided Hoots doesn''t go into his shell.

This game is Norwich''s to win. Go for it boys and prove a point to you know who.

I genuinely have absolutely no clue what will happen tomorrow. But if we could nick a win tomorrow it will be a landmark result in so many ways. I think we are starting to grow in confidence under Hughton. We could really begin to blossom with the right result tomorrow

I just got back from the Villa Vs Norwich game tomorrow... I''m afraid there was only room for one in the time machine... and... I''m afraid I can''t tell any of you the result...
Oh alright, 2-0 Norwich... but now I''ve said it, I''ve changed the future by telling you... so theoretically what I just said is a prediction and not what I saw because I don''t know how history will write itself now. ;]

Cant wait for this game.  My first away game for quite a while, and I''m optomistic and faily confident.  Villa are bang out of form.  We''ve been very up and down, some good performances without getting the results until last week. 

I think 1-0 or 2-1 us.  Script is written for Holt to notch again, if we do score, I hope the players make a big fuss of Hughton right in front of Lambert...

hoping hughton doesnt change a winning team, although if wes is in there then lambert will just rough him up/mark/crowd him out the game

if city p155 about at the back like they have done pre arsenal then it will be all villa, its a lambert team, he will throw them all forward and go for the kill, he will also know hughton likes to keep it tight

best form of defence is attack imo, i think if its an end to end slug fest city have better quality, my worry is that city try and shut up shop and grind something out of it

think its really important hughton motivates them and mentions that lambert left because he thought villa had better players/potential etc etc etc