Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Aston Villa v. Norwich Match Thread ( Unofficial.)

Interestingly stat about our goal and set pieces from Opta. "Norwich City have now become the 20th and final team of this Premier League season to score a goal from a set piece. Relief."

Woeful stuff, you can''t create that many clear chances and not win

Disgraceful finishing. That''s my main problem. I kid you not, if we had some more natural finishers it could have been 5 or 6-0...

Hanging onto January is what we are doing IMO.

This has been one of the most wasteful performances I have seen in a long time, thus making Hughton''s choice to let Vaughan leave with no replacement very questionable.  Getting an untried youngster from Spurs doesn''t count.

[quote user="paul moy"]I just don''t rate Ryan Bennett at all.......[:(][/quote]Bit harsh.  He is a central defender playing totally out of position.

[quote user="AJ"]Not a point though, there''s no doubt we should come away from this with 3 points, but we won''t.[/quote]

yup, i dont see 1 point against a ten man team (a very poor team as well) as much of an achievement to be fair

city were cr@p for most of it, also took the foot off the gas after the equalizer, too many passes going backwards

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="paul moy"]I just don''t rate Ryan Bennett at all.......[:(][/quote]

Bit harsh.  He is a central defender playing totally out of position.
[/quote]

Any professional footballer should be able to kick a ball properly... he simply can''t.

Plenty of urgency for the equaliser.No urgency, hunger or desire to grab the win. Sums up Chris Hughton''s tenure so far.

Does feel like 2pts lost, but probably would have took a draw if offered before the game.

1 point gained 2 points lost. Terrible performance against a torrid Villa side should have hammered them but it was like the skill level was set on noob all afternoon. Makes the Arsenal game look like a fluke performance (that said Arsenal were very poor).Join us next week for more of the same 5hit!

I disagree pete. There was plenty of desire for the win, did you see the last 20 mins? I have not seen that stats yet but I''m certain that we were on top. We bombarded their box all the time.

It''s the finishing.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="paul moy"]I just don''t rate Ryan Bennett at all.......[:(][/quote]Bit harsh.  He is a central defender playing totally out of position. [/quote]

Any professional footballer should be able to kick a ball properly... he simply can''t.

[/quote]

hes a centre back ffs, no one was complaining at the back end of last season when he was throwing his face in front of the ball to stop goalstheres only about 2 cb''s in the league that can actually finish

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Plenty of urgency for the equaliser.

No urgency, hunger or desire to grab the win.

Sums up Chris Hughton''s tenure so far.

[/quote]

I have to agree. He will always take a point and not risk losing it even if the oppo is down to 10 men. With Holloway we would have won this by a mile IMO.

I''m failing to see what Garrido offers that Tierney can''t. Always feel we have a bit more oommphh down the left when Tierney plays.

No hunger, urgency or desire? Some people are just blind. We were all over them, Villa time wasting. Our problem is not taking our chances. But for a long while there, I thought this be one of those games we wouldn''t get anything, so I''m happy to get a point.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="paul moy"]I just don''t rate Ryan Bennett at all.......[:(][/quote]Bit harsh.  He is a central defender playing totally out of position. [/quote]

[/quote]

Agreed, he could have at least kept it down.

I vastly prefered Whitbread to him last season, but I''m not going to crucify him for a not finishing a chance slightly trickier than some of the ones our forwards didn''t put away.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Orly"][quote user="paul moy"]I just don''t rate Ryan Bennett at all.......[:(][/quote]

Bit harsh.  He is a central defender playing totally out of position.
[/quote]

[/quote]

hes a centre back ffs, no one was complaining at the back end of last season when he was throwing his face in front of the ball to stop goals

theres only about 2 cb''s in the league that can actually finish
[/quote]

Errr... I was. Don''t you remember his diabolical performance v Man City.  I got slated then for having the audacity to criticise him.

Should''ve won, but we didn''t however any point away from home is a good one especially as we were 1-0 down at half time. We were much better in the second half but not very clinical. We''ll play worse and win. Hopefully we''ll get a result against Stoke and go into the Reading game full of confidence we can get the 3 points.

Any point away from home is a good one but I can''t help the feeling that it''s 2 points lost. However one thing is certain, Villa are a really poor side and never looked like scoring apart from the gift we gave them.