Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Aston Villa v. Norwich Match Thread ( Unofficial.)

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Plenty of urgency for the equaliser.

No urgency, hunger or desire to grab the win.

Sums up Chris Hughton''s tenure so far.

[/quote]

I have to agree. He will always take a point and not risk losing it even if the oppo is down to 10 men. With Holloway we would have won this by a mile IMO.

[/quote]

No,we would have lost 20-13.Now sod off with your Holloway crap.

[quote user="paul moy"]

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Plenty of urgency for the equaliser.

No urgency, hunger or desire to grab the win.

Sums up Chris Hughton''s tenure so far.

[/quote]

I have to agree. He will always take a point and not risk losing it even if the oppo is down to 10 men. With Holloway we would have won this by a mile IMO.

[/quote]

Muppet.

Very happy with a point even more pleased that we were Ulf better team. the sending off helped but without some shocking defending for their goal of would have won.

Pleased with the subs, Wes outstanding, Holt very disappointing

Second half much better than first, frustrating we couldn''t grab a winner but a point away is a good result. Much worse for them than it is for us. Congrats to Turner for the goal, after he lost his man for their goal. Morison played well when he came on, Wes was a threat all game without looking deadly in front of goal, and the defence looked pretty tight (apart from the goal).

[quote user="ImDrunky"]No hunger, urgency or desire? Some people are just blind. We were all over them, Villa time wasting. Our problem is not taking our chances. [/quote]Was going to post something similar.The issue was the finishing not the urgency and desire ! Have people forgotten being 1-1 or 0-1 in the championship and seeing pass backs to the defence in the late 80th minute early 90 ?Its the way we move the ball around, as stated. Some people are just blind ( or stupid ! )

[quote user="paul moy"]

Errr... I was. Don''t you remember his diabolical performance v Man City.  I got slated then for having the audacity to criticise him.

[/quote]lmaojesus dude wtf do you want? hes not gerard pique

he had a bad game against the champions with 90 million up front, he must be rubbish

[quote user="The acolyte"]Villa were AWFUL. Lambert must LEAVE. We are AWFUL. LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY[/quote]I agree, you were very lucky to survive that. Thank your keeper. As for Lambert, I think we need a boot cleaner at Norwich so im sure we could offer him something.Actually, id rather manage the local pub team XI, more quality there than Aston Hovel.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]No hunger, urgency or desire? Some people are just blind. We were all over them, Villa time wasting. Our problem is not taking our chances. But for a long while there, I thought this be one of those games we wouldn''t get anything, so I''m happy to get a point. [/quote]I''ll take a point against nothing.But at 1-1 we were going through the motions. Lumping the ball forward with no thought. The amount of over-hit crosses, free-kicks etc was shocking. Hughton needs to work out how to win games, not just prevent us from losing them.There were two extra points going begging. The team will now have to earn them against much tougher opposition.If you''re happy with a point against one of the worst teams going who had ten men for half the game, then more fool you.

[quote user="technika"][quote user="paul moy"]

Errr... I was. Don''t you remember his diabolical performance v Man City.  I got slated then for having the audacity to criticise him.

[/quote]

lmao

jesus dude wtf do you want? hes not gerard pique

he had a bad game against the champions with 90 million up front, he must be rubbish
[/quote]

Yeah, but he was rubbish with his kicking today also, so I''m not judging him on just one performance this time. His cross into the stand was truly awful. This guy is a pro footballer !!!   [:D]  

really cant believe some of the over the top negative comments here.

Villa are very poor, but we dominated all the game and their keeper made some very good crucial saves.

Also those slagging off Turner, yes he was at fault for goal but it was a great equaliser and he made a great tackle to prevent a one on one early in 2nd half

Suggest some of you should listen to pundits on sky who are saying we were by far the better team And played well (and were meant to be the ones supporting the team!)

[quote user="rock bus"]really cant believe some of the over the top negative comments here. Villa are very poor, but we dominated all the game and their keeper made some very good crucial saves. Also those slagging off Turner, yes he was at fault for goal but it was a great equaliser and he made a great tackle to prevent a one on one early in 2nd half Suggest some of you should listen to pundits on sky who are saying we were by far the better team And played well (and were meant to be the ones supporting the team!)[/quote]

... but we only needed his goal because of his terrible defending.

Will take the point although clearly it could and probably should have been more.

Villa are another tema below us though that are in a whole hell of trouble. If you look at their fixtures they could be around ten points at the turn of the new year....

I''d rather survive on our own merits but there at least 4-5 teams that are worse than us

But we would of needed 2 goals if it wasnt for his great tackle to prevent villa having that one on one!

give the buy a break

[quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="ImDrunky"]No hunger, urgency or desire? Some people are just blind. We were all over them, Villa time wasting. Our problem is not taking our chances. But for a long while there, I thought this be one of those games we wouldn''t get anything, so I''m happy to get a point. [/quote]I''ll take a point against nothing.But at 1-1 we were going through the motions. Lumping the ball forward with no thought. The amount of over-hit crosses, free-kicks etc was shocking. Hughton needs to work out how to win games, not just prevent us from losing them.There were two extra points going begging. The team will now have to earn them against much tougher opposition.If you''re happy with a point against one of the worst teams going who had ten men for half the game, then more fool you. [/quote]Going a goal down and thinking we''d get nothing, yes I was happy with getting a point, but at the same time it''s disappointing not getting 3pts. Of course I think we should have won it.But you can''t question our players desire and work rate, they never stopped again they all worked their socks off.

[quote user="rock bus"]But we would of needed 2 goals if it wasnt for his great tackle to prevent villa having that one on one! give the buy a break[/quote]

I thought is was his job to tackle players... oh well.

[quote user="ImDrunky"][quote user="Pyro Pete"][quote user="ImDrunky"]No hunger, urgency or desire? Some people are just blind. We were all over them, Villa time wasting. Our problem is not taking our chances. But for a long while there, I thought this be one of those games we wouldn''t get anything, so I''m happy to get a point. [/quote]I''ll take a point against nothing.But at 1-1 we were going through the motions. Lumping the ball forward with no thought. The amount of over-hit crosses, free-kicks etc was shocking. Hughton needs to work out how to win games, not just prevent us from losing them.There were two extra points going begging. The team will now have to earn them against much tougher opposition.If you''re happy with a point against one of the worst teams going who had ten men for half the game, then more fool you. [/quote]Going a goal down and thinking we''d get nothing, yes I was happy with getting a point, but at the same time it''s disappointing not getting 3pts. Of course I think we should have won it.But you can''t question our players desire and work rate, they never stopped again they all worked their socks off. [/quote]Fair point. I guess I was just expecting the same push for the winner as for the equaliser. When it didn''t happen, it was frustrating.I do think Hughton needs to work on that aspect of our attacking game though. Control and discipline in defence can be matched with control and discipline in attack.

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Fair point. I guess I was just expecting the same push for the winner as for the equaliser. When it didn''t happen, it was frustrating.I do think Hughton needs to work on that aspect of our attacking game though. Control and discipline in defence can be matched with control and discipline in attack.[/quote]Villa players were time wasting though, think that slowed the game down a lot. But I know what you mean, after we scored the pressure we were putting on them did ease off a bit. No doubt it''s 2 pts dropped, but a pt is better than nothing I guess.

[quote user="Orly"]This has been one of the most wasteful performances I have seen in a long time, thus making Hughton''s choice to let Vaughan leave with no replacement very questionable. 

Getting an untried youngster from Spurs doesn''t count.
[/quote]

because he has a great record.

Championship goals for palace in a season = 9

truly outstanding

Just got back from the game as i only live locally to Brum.We really should have had 3 points, plenty of late chances though nothing very clear cut.Was a solid performance from the team though. Not sure how many shots Villa had 2nd half but it cannot have been many.No booing of Lambert that i heard though a few choruses of ''Getting sacked in the morning''.Most fans spent their time singing for Hughton instead.Villa are a very poor side though. There doesn''t seem to be much of the ''up and at ''em'' and team spirit of Lambert''s City sides and talking to the Villa fans on the train back they are not impressed with what they are watching. Teams who finish below Villa (if there are any) will be relegated IMHO.

I have just watched the replay in order to assess it all.

Watching it live I am too involved to make a judgement.

We outplayed them even before the sending off. We were better in all departments. Villa are even worse than I suspected.

Their goal was against the run of play.

After the sending off we were all over them like a swam of bees. They defended in depth, however, and it became a brick wall. Their keeper had a blinder.

Two points lost for us, but the two they lost as well might be more significant.

A bit more in the striking department and we could well pull it off, especially with rivals such as Aston Villa. They are truly awful. lambo seems to have made them worse, if anything.