Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Aston Villa v. Norwich Match Thread ( Unofficial.)

Hughton has to do something as our heads have dropped. Maybe bring Jackson on to run at their defence. If we continue like this the game is lost IMO. Come on Hughton..... MOTIVATE them !!!!!

thank god that halfs done with! hope the hoot fires them up, started well and then verry poor for the final half hour, only if Hoolahan had taken that shot better, oh well OTBC let um have it in the second half!

I still think we can win this. Hoolahan is frustrating at times but he can still create positions and chances others can''t. Would like to see Morison on maybe 10 -20 mins into 2nd half if it remains as it is.

[quote user="Carra Rud"]How many times has Hoolahan lost possession and wasted good opportunites tw atting around?[/quote].unfortunately this is wes at his frustrating worst. should have scored and seems unwilling to pass the ball, just runs until he loses it.

come om guys lets be a bit more positive

Not a geat game but we look comfortably the better team

we can still win this

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Decent start to the half, then Turner ruins it for everyone.

[/quote]

Indeed, he just doesn''t do the basics. Who signed him ? 

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Decent start to the half, then Turner ruins it for everyone. [/quote]
Deja vu.
The guy is clearly f**king useless. I would honestly just pay his contract off if I was McNally and stop giving Hughton the opportunity to select the prick.

Football is a game of two halves. We will come out and do the business I''m sure of it.

Was turners fault, but what you gonna do about it now.

COME ON CITY!!!

3 points there for the taking. We''ll probably never have a better opportunity. Get some passing going. A decent cross might help & a shot at goal would be nice

In a magical world where I am omnipotent and can make changes from my sofa:Tetty off, Howson onAnd maybe around the 65ish minute mark, Hoolahan off, Morison On.It''s a shame Hughton doesn''t appear to rate him, as this game is made for Fox.  Not even on the bench :/

Harsh to pick on any particular player as both sides have really struggled with the ball. Villas passing has been ridimentery and basically equaled a long diagonal ball whilst our passing has been slow, poorly executed and the decisions have been bad. It really should have been 1-1 at the break, Villa have been no better, but it''s not just happening.

beats the man... makes the space for the pass and then loses it... and meanwhile we have pushed up so losing possession puts us straight under pressureto be fair probably trying to make something happenbecause no one else really is

Very poor so far, midfield distribution wayward and non existent defence for the goal.  Not entirely Turners fault for me.  BUT we are not out of it yet.  We need to beat this Villa side for more than one reason.  One good result against Arsenal does not a season make.

The game highlights our biggest failing which is the worst chance conversion in the league.

Time for Hughton to earn his corn.

Apart from scoring I thought Villa looked awful and the goal did nothing to improve their play oddly enough.

In amongst everything, there was a shocking offside decision in that half where the ball clearly came off Vlaar and Holt (I think) would''ve through on goal. Unbelievable.

Its all been said - Hoolahan at his best - and worst.  Several players giving the ball away too cheaply.   Misunderstanding in defence (being kind). I''d have Jackson on for Hoolahan, get some pace running at their defence.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Tettey off? you are joking, been our best player so far!!![/quote]Hehe, it''s always strange how people can have such polar opposite opinions from the same game, but yes, Tetty off.Not because he has done anything particularly wrong, but I just feel that we need a little more guile in midfield, and Jonno is better in a purely defensive role, therefore Tetty gives way, IMO.

Game has been much is I expected. Shoddy defending for their goal (winner?) but we have been the better side without much cutting edge

Bennett Pilkington and yes doing well, tettey started well but faded.

Holt and bj have been poor as hasMartin''s crossing. Morison on for Holt and get the ball to Wes.

[quote user="baldyboy"]Tettey off? you are joking, been our best player so far!!![/quote]

lmao what game are you watching?

hes cr@p, hes a battler passing is rubbish

slightly worrying theres now a centre back on playing at right back

In my opinion Turner is totally responsible Bassong would have fully expected him to be picking up Benteke as he should have been rather than strolling off as the striker entered the box.

Tettey has been our best player!