Sign in to follow this  
kellybrook

Great Result

Difficult against ten men but we dominated and Hughton''s shrewd use of Tettey allowed Wes to roam.Lamberts Villa look certain for the drop, glad we got shot of him before he was found out.Four points from two games with Stoke and Reading next.Lots to be positive about.

Hmmmm......great result?    Poor goal given away, lots of wasteful passes, poor free kicks and corners.   One point when it should really have been three with a little more quality.    Good result, but not great imo.

So you say Villa look certain for the drop? Fair enough. Remember they had a very make shift defence with a young central midfielder playing at centre back. Also remember that after 55 minutes, and when it was 11 vs 11 (even with their make shift defence), they were winning 1-0. Also remember that we have created chances all season and failed to convert them, as happened again today. And then finally remember that this team who look certain for the drop, with a makeshift defence only had 10 men for 35 minutes and still we only managed to score 1 and come away with a point.

How is that a great result?

It was a good result one I''d take at the beginning of the game and one I''d have definitely taken at half time. It''s just disappointing to have dominated the second half and create so many chances only for us not to win.

We have struggled against three poor teams, all whom will be better on the return fixture.

Villa, qpr and west ham... We don''t look like we will score more than 1 goal a game at the mo.

A point is ok, but we need a win in our next two games. Make a statement against reading and then things are different if we don''t it will be a tough game against stoke, but stoke are not as tidy as they were before.

A great result is a win, but against a poor villa side with ten men for close to 35 mins I would want a win.

Great result.  Two teams scrapping for a point and both lacking in quality.  On another day we would have converted one of those many chances we created in the last 20 minutes.Objective this season is survival.  4 points from Villa and Arsenal is GREAT.

We kept things ticking over with that point, It was a top class defensive performance against Arsenal, and today  we had to attack once they went down to 10 men and we showed signs that we are getting closer, Credit to Villa though they held firm at the back.

BBC:"Relentless second-half Norwich domination had threatened to overwhelm a

Villa side who had taken the lead against the run of play."" Lambert will be relieved to earn a draw, even though it means Villa''s

start to the season is the club''s poorest to a campaign for 43 years and

leaves them hovering just above the Premier League relegation zone.""Villa appeared nervous, struggling to retain possession, and their

edginess was beginning to transmit itself to the home support.""The excellent Hoolahan went close on a couple of occasions, Holt was

denied by Guzan when through one on one, and only some inspired Villa

defending - particularly from Ron Vlaar - kept the visitors at bay."Watch the effing games rather than going into hughton-hate mode immediately people.  We are going to be fine.

I don''t hate Hughton at all. If McNally thought he was the best man for the job at the time we appointed him, why would I want to replace him with the 2nd best candidate for the job? Sacking him would achieve nothing. Doesn''t mean that we''re going to stay up regardless though.

As I''ve said, rather than simply relaying the points about how much we dominated, the management and the players need to come up with a way of putting the ball in the net. Dominating games gets you nothing if you make a silly mistake and concede, and then can''t score.

Aggy, I see you''re all over this board this afternoon. You really are ''worked up'' with your point of view.

I watched the game on Sky, I also listened to the comments of Yorke and Redknap. They both talked a lot of sense. try as I may I couldn''t hear anything that agreed with your summary of the game.

Why not start a thread of your own, just in case someone visiting this board from now on may miss your comments.

Be happy mate!

Far from worked up, I''m having an afternoon off from the work and have very little to do until this evening other than waste away a few hours discussing the game with my fellow fans! And what a joy that is haha ;)

Perhaps you should listen to the manager''s opinion, as he seems to think something quite close to me - points lost.

I''ve said that we dominated the game for the most part. I''ve also said that, despite that, we were losing 1-0 after 55 minutes because of a poor individual mistake (yet again). I''ve said that despite making chances, we failed to convert more than one of them. I''ve also said that Villa looked atrocious and that they had a makeshift defence, with a youngster at left back who naively got himself sent off, and a young central midfielder who had never played at centre half in the prem before playing at centre half. Yet despite all of that, we only scored one goal. How is that a good result? Oh, and I''ve also said that we won very little in the air, especially in the first half, which all but one poster so far seem to have agreed with me on.

As you''ve been following my posts so closely, I''m sure you''ll also see that I''ve been happy to accept that the likes of Hoolahan had a very good game, as did Tettey I thought despite one or two wayward passes.

And if you''re being sarcastic with your penultimate sentence - if people want to start their own threads on virtually the same topic, then they should expect to receive replies that are virtually the same as those on the other topics, surely?

[quote user="kellybrook"]Great result.  Two teams scrapping for a point and both lacking in quality.  On another day we would have converted one of those many chances we created in the last 20 minutes.

Objective this season is survival.  4 points from Villa and Arsenal is GREAT.

[/quote]

How many more times do we accept excuses. Villa were there for the taking...[:@]

We conceded a poor goal, squandered a number of glorious chances, and huffed and puffed against ten poor men. I fail to see how anyone could describe today''s result as "good", never mind "great".  The best I can come up with is "adequate".

QPR loseReading only draw at homeWigan win but it''s against W Ham who could soon be in the mixJust need Man C to thrash Swans for another decent set of results.

Indeed favourable results. Ok we should have won today but the way i see it i realistically only saw us pickin 1 point up from the arsenal/aston vile matches. So to come away with 4 is brilliant.

It is certainly a great result based on what we were probably all expecting before the game....BUT, a disappointing result after having seen the performace. There was no lack of effort throughout, or possession or chances created, particularly as we were the away side.........but one defensive error, some poor final ball and finishing that should have been more clinical cost us two points in a game where a 5-1 result to City wouldnt have flattered us....funny old game.  Despite being a little disappointed about the result, I''m actually reasonably happy overall and feel that we are now gelling as a team and will be a match for most in this league for the rest of the season.

How is 2 points lost a great result ?Both Wes and Holt missed sitters , we should have won that 5-1 but scraped a draw vs the worst team in the Prem. Aston Hamlet were a shambles and we really should have put them to the sword.Lambert and co should really  feel releaved and happy with that one today !

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Because we should have had 3, rather than 1.

If you disagre Nigel , then your lying to yourself
[/quote]

We''re disappointed we didn''t win because we played well enough to win. But we won a point. And lost nothing.

You see I''d change that round slightly nutty. I''m disappointed we didn''t win because we were playing against a side who are exactly the sort of side we should be beating. You''ve said yourself they''re massive contenders to be one of (hopefully) three teams worse than us this season - but we haven''t beaten them. If we want to stay up, we have to want to be beating those teams who are worse than us. We didn''t. Despite them not only being worse than us, but also having a man sent off after 55 minutes and a makeshift back 4. That''s why I''m not happy with the result.

[quote user="ricardo"]QPR loseReading only draw at homeWigan win but it''s against W Ham who could soon be in the mixJust need Man C to thrash Swans for another decent set of results.[/quote]Swans now behind, just Southampton tomorrow for another good weekend.Lovely old job.[:D]

A point would have been a good result at 12.45

It would have been a great result at 1.15

But on the balance of play and the amount of chances we had, against 10 men, it is a very average result.

[quote user="Wiz"]We won a point, we didn''t lose two because we never had them in the first place![:S][/quote]We didnt ''Win'' a point because we had it at 0-0

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Wiz"]We won a point, we didn''t lose two because we never had them in the first place![:S][/quote]We didnt ''Win'' a point because we had it at 0-0[/quote]But coming back from a goal down is obviously "winning" a point.