Sign in to follow this  
unique

Appalling

Half an hour gone and Aston Villa are putting in one of the worst performances I''ve ever seen by a home side in the Premiership.....

.....which isn''t saying a lot for Norwich...

Giving easy possession away umpteen times....wasting every opportunity that has presented itself around the Villa box....a nervous home side, surrounded by nervous supporters were there for the taking, and so far, Norwich have failed miserably to ''make hay''....

The Villa goal was helped by some more woeful defending.

Anything less than a win against this shower will certainly undo all the good work of last week.

It looks and feels like a relegation scrap.  No confidence, players not looking before they pass, easy chances being missed and errors all over the pitch.  Horrible game so far and by the sound of it, in front of about 2,000 fans.

I wish i could disagree,but it is awful.Villa are trash and yet we are losing???Sort it out Hughton.

Half-time......and a performance so far that can be best summed up by Tettey''s gentle throw-in straight to a Villa player.

Any neutral watching this will be thinking there''s only one more relegation place up for grabs.

Norwich are so lacking drive and passion, Hughton has to now prove his worth and turn this game around.

A defeat against these lame ducks will take some stomaching.

I would like to see either Morison come on for Johnson, and Hoolahan drop deeper, or a box to box midfielder come on to play a more attacking role than Johnson.You could equally say "Tettey", but to my mind he and Johnson are doing the same job, and one of them can be removed if we are going to chase the game. And Tettey is better.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would like to see either Morison come on for Johnson, and Hoolahan drop deeper, or a box to box midfielder come on to play a more attacking role than Johnson.You could equally say "Tettey", but to my mind he and Johnson are doing the same job, and one of them can be removed if we are going to chase the game. And Tettey is better.

[/quote]Id rather we just played with 10 men that that option

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would like to see either Morison come on for Johnson, and Hoolahan drop deeper, or a box to box midfielder come on to play a more attacking role than Johnson.You could equally say "Tettey", but to my mind he and Johnson are doing the same job, and one of them can be removed if we are going to chase the game. And Tettey is better.

[/quote]

Definitely crying out for someone to grab hold of the midfield.

Think some movement from Jackson could really stretch their defence.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I would like to see either Morison come on for Johnson, and Hoolahan drop deeper, or a box to box midfielder come on to play a more attacking role than Johnson.You could equally say "Tettey", but to my mind he and Johnson are doing the same job, and one of them can be removed if we are going to chase the game. And Tettey is better.

[/quote]Id rather we just played with 10 men that that option[/quote][:D]R Martin off, R Bennett on.Eek.

As I quite clearly stated last week - it was only one win!

Back to the same old same old - and Mr C, IT IS a relegation scrap and it doesn''t look good for us at all!

That was the best chance we will have this season of getting 3 points away from home.  And we blew it.What I couldn''t understand was why, even when we had an extra man and were looking so dangerous down the flanks, our defenders insisted on pumping it up to Holt / Morison from the halfway line. Constantly going for the Hollywood passes when there was no need.A worrying lack of patience!

So bad I think it needs repeating.

The standard of passing, shooting, free-kicks, corners, decision-making, and, until the 70th minute, the passion and desire to get something out of the game, was woefully short of what will be required to stay in this division.

If the team couldn''t be up for this one, then Hughton is not doing the job he is being paid handsomely for.

The sending off gave Norwich a massively helping hand in a match that, even with eleven men, Villa should never have had a sniff.

Very, very, disappointing.

Looked like two championship sides. It''s alright saying we had more possession and created more chances - and they only really had one good chance from a mistake by our defence - but we still didn''t finish the game off. And, in fact, until the sending off we were losing.

Both look very poor. I think both sides have just got to hope that there are 3 worse teams over the course of the season, as neither looked particularly like they were good enough to drag themselves out of the mess by the scruff of the neck.

One of the issues is our finishing.Im unsure what Hughton see''s in Morison and does not see in Jackson.We need the transfer window and a new striker !

The question we should be asking is "did we deserve to win?" If the answer is yes then I dont see why anyone should be complaining. We played well today. Give the players, and the manager some credit. Even before the red card we outclassed Villa.

thecanaryfan;

1) Couldn''t care less what we deserved. Purely interested in points. We "should" have scored a number of goals this season, but we''ve missed sitters week in week out and that''s why we''re down where we are. "Should" means nothing. "Did" is all that matters. And we "did not" win.

2) And we only "deserved" to win after the sending off - before that, let''s not forget that we were losing (even though we probably had been the "better" team).

Give the manager credit?  For what? Outplaying Villa all game?  For allowing We to destroy them? for all the chances? For changing things and getting crosses into the box?Come on, this is the new NCFC, where the fans moan like c****.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]The question we should be asking is "did we deserve to win?" If the answer is yes then I dont see why anyone should be complaining. We played well today. Give the players, and the manager some credit. Even before the red card we outclassed Villa.[/quote]I agree, we were the better side but wasteful crossing and shooting spoiled what should have been a winning performance.

[quote user="Aggy"]Looked like two championship sides. It''s alright saying we had more possession and created more chances - and they only really had one good chance from a mistake by our defence - but we still didn''t finish the game off. And, in fact, until the sending off we were losing. Both look very poor. I think both sides have just got to hope that there are 3 worse teams over the course of the season, as neither looked particularly like they were good enough to drag themselves out of the mess by the scruff of the neck.[/quote]

This sums it up perfectly.

A poor game from two poor sides.

"A poor game from two poor sides."Where one poor side totally dominated and did everything but get the winner. Againt the Messiah''s team, who even before the sending off couldn''t match us for football at all.

[quote user="kellybrook"]"A poor game from two poor sides."

Where one poor side totally dominated and did everything but get the winner. Againt the Messiah''s team, who even before the sending off couldn''t match us for football at all.

[/quote]

...and after the sending off we still didn''t put them to the sword.

I stand by the opening statement.

[quote user="Aggy"]thecanaryfan; 1) Couldn''t care less what we deserved. Purely interested in points. We "should" have scored a number of goals this season, but we''ve missed sitters week in week out and that''s why we''re down where we are. "Should" means nothing. "Did" is all that matters. And we "did not" win. 2) And we only "deserved" to win after the sending off - before that, let''s not forget that we were losing (even though we probably had been the "better" team).[/quote]

Not sure what the point is here. Would you rather we played shite and lost?? It is frustrating that we didnt take the spoils but lets not get ahead of ourselves. We are starting to find a bit of rythem. Two good performances against two challenging opponents. Dont forget how woeful we were at the start of the season.

The point is that, regardless of whether we SHOULD have won the game, we didn''t. Against a poor side, who were down to 10 men for the majority of the second half, who barely touched the ball for most of the second half, who had a makeshift defence out. Now, personally, I couldn''t care how many chances we created or how much possession we had - I would much rather Villa had all the ball and most of the chances as we won 2-1. Yeah, ok, I''ll accept that we''re making slight improvements in terms of we played well and got an average-at-best result, rather than playing terribly and getting an average-at-best result, but we''re still a million miles away from where we need to be if we''re going to stay up.

"we were the better side but wasteful crossing and shooting spoiled what should have been a winning performance."

That is the game summed in one sentence for me by Ricardo. Some better finishing/crossing it would have been a rout. Apart from picking the ball out of the net, was there anything remotely dangerous that Ruddy had to deal with? There goalkeeper had a blinder and they were putting their bodies on the line for the team (Vlaar in particular had a good game).

So, how are we going to start providing better crosses and converting more chances? We''ve now played 9 games and we''ve been saying the exact same thing in pretty much every game - that we should have scored more than we did.

So instead of continuously blindly thinking that this problem will sort itself out, I personally need to see some evidence of it actually resolving itself, otherwise I''m going to continue to be worried.