Sign in to follow this  
S10 Canary

Pilks interrupted by Lambert!

Not sure how many of you have seen this but made me smile. Would''ve liked to see a video actually! Quite an interesting bit of banter and illustrates that he probably had a decent working relationship with the players.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20122497#asset

Sorry for not linking properly!

At least when a Norwich I could just about worked out what he was saying, must be a bit of Brummie creeping in, couldnt understand a word.

Am sure he was joking. They would have spent enough time talking to each other over the previous 3 years.

[quote user="scrappy33"]Lambert very rude to Chris there, maybe he was joking?[/quote]

Put downs are  Lambert''s form of "humour".     Must be the Glaswegian in him.   Mind you he sounded like he meant it when he spoke to Chris.[:S]

Anyone who saw those videos of (or was at) the end of season do will know that this is lambert''s sort of humour - winding people up, being jokey, what the youth of today would call ''banter''!

That''s his personality and man management style - I think it''s probably quite hate it or love it, but that''s why he goes for the players he does. I suppose he brings in players that he thinks will get on well with that sort of atmosphere and leaves aside those who won''t.

Seems like Lambert still holds his former players and club with some affection. Nice to see. On the podcast  Chris Lakey was saying Lambert gave Wes a bit of a cuddle and ruffled his hair after the match.I bet he misses all that camaraderie being at Villa - miserable sods, the lot of ''em.