Sign in to follow this  
ZEMAS TENDON

WHY...

Now i know this DELIA thing is going on far too much..BUT WHY.. was she looking at the BARCLAY END/SNAKE PIT surely she should have been looking towards the RIVER END/ SOUTH STAND/ CITY STAND because they never get behind the team... OR she could have said "where are you" to the DEFENCE/MIDFIELD for the sloppy goals conceded

because the barclay are normally vocal but werent on monday. The south stand made more noise than the barclay, even the river end were singing a bit.

everyone in the barclay seems to have this holier than thou attitude, and believe theyre the only true supporters and the only people who give the team support. they must therefore prove this by being vocal constantly throughout the game. if they cant manage this, then they can get off theyre high horses a bit. because of the attitude of the barclay supporters... they are expected to sing/chant. on monday, they failed to do this, and since (as all barclay supporters say) theyre the only people who give the team support, then they ultimatly have the responsibility if the ground is quiet.

to be honest though, i think it was just because it was way past the bedtime of most of barclay block E.

The thing I don''t get about all this is that (although I have admittedly had a couple of shandies) I thought the atmosphere was quite good on Monday which makes the whole thing all the more bizarre

"everyone in the barclay seems to have this holier than thou attitude, and believe theyre the only true supporters and the only people who give the team support". GOOD CALL - VERY TRUE! I sit in the Wensum Wing and I chant as much as anyone in the ground! The whole atmosphere went flat because we lost a two-goal lead within 20 minutes or so - that''s enough to take the wind out of anyone''s sails!

Sorry to disappoint but I watched this game in a bar many miles from home with several other football fans, including two Citeh fans and they both remarked how on the telly at least, only the song "Blue Moon" could be heard especially after Man City scored their first Goal.

It''s funny how the Barclay always think that no-one else is making any noise. Perhaps they are all getting hard of hearing! We''re in the Jarrold (South) Stand and the atmosphere is brilliant - and I think, possibly better than the Barclay on Monday.

I can''t help thinking that all these supporters who moan and criticise others are the ones who, once we have a mediocre spell will be the first to pack up coming. Where were they a few years ago when we couldn''t give away tickets!!!. As for the Barclay, some(not all) seem to feel they have a divine right to tell others what to do(i.e. we''ll stand at away games even if no one else can see). I am quite happy in the N&P stand and believe me, it can get quite noisy in there. 

Thank you David T. The river end does sing! I do my absolute best to get our end signing but they just don''t want to, or can''t be bothered. But there are some also who do sing regularly like me and I never stop signing, no matter what the score

why does everybody think its only the barclay that make anynoise? the whole ground gets behind the team in their own way some are just louder than others such as me, im always being told to be quiet and i sit in the river end! we should all get behind the team as we pretty much do, we all want the same outcome after all dont we?

the river end dont often start songs, and a lot of people dont join in. but there are a lot of people in the river end that do. i''m quite offended by the attitude of a lot of supporters that say we dont get behind the team. ok, there may not be a huge amount of singing in the river end, but not everyone at football wants to sing, and that doesn''t make them any less of a fan. the fact remains that over time, people who want to sing have moved to or close to the barclay instead of trying to get things going in the other stands. Im allways vocal, and so are all the people i sit with. and the roar that comes from the river end when were going forward cannot be faulted. i think some of the barclay supporters should sit in the other stands for a few games, and they''ll realise the other stands do make a lot more noise than theyre given credit for. The south stand is really picking up, and the river end is singing/cheering much more in the last couple of seasons than it has in my lifetime.

ive lost count of the number of times ive read that people who sit in the river end, like myself, are not true fans and are not welcome at carrow road. In my opinion however, its not the people who dont sing that are not the true fans... its the people who find the need to insult, patronise and belittle fellow fans that are not the true supporters.

people need to get theyre facts straight, the river end does sing, in fact most people in my block do, the south stand also make even more noise. i cant comment on the main stand, as ive never sat there.

people need to stop insulting other fans, and questioning supporters loyalty. We''re all supporters, thats why we spend all our hard earned money watching the team.

This isn''t directed specifically at you zemas tendon, more a rant thats been waiting to come out for a while. you just gave me the final insult to provoke it.

we all get behind the team and we all support norwich city, so lets show that. i wanna hear more noise from the barclay than i heard on monday, and i want the other stands to continue getting more and more noisy. We want carrow road to be feared by visiting fans, so lets show how loud we all can be.

Ah - the Main Stand...having had many years experience of the atmosphere in there, I can confirm that there is on occasions such as Tuesday night there is plenty of noise - usually of extremely discontented farming folk who tend to view a game at Carra Rud as a chance to chew the fat with their fellow farming folk whilst every now and then shouting some sort of insult at a passing player or linesman. I have yet to hear massed choirs of farmers/lawyers and business folk breaking into a refrain of OTBC, but I believe that miracles do happen and they will certainly cheer and shout their little socks off like the rest of them - but don''t expect them to stop discussing the price of pigs/grain/beet or hourly rates for representation at the courts!