Sign in to follow this  
HampsteadCanary

Atmosphere tonight

[quote user="Vazzza"]

My mate is an Arsenal fan. He paid £10 for his ticket for the last round which clearly had stated on the ticket "Reduced prices as we cannot guarentee first team players in action" (or something along those lines).

[/quote]good of arsenal to reduce the prices but a bit of a cockeyed thing to say.If Simon Lappin plays vs Stoke instead of Wes will our ticket prices be reduced to £10?

[quote user="morty"]

Chances are you''re right.

But what I am saying there is no actual way of proving it lol.

Or is McNally just saying that to appease fans, who knows?
[/quote]

Oh, Morty, that is comedy gold! [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="morty"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]

Do you really think that had tickets been a fiver cheaper more people would have gone?I don''t.People have all sorts of reasons why they can''t attend midweek games, the ticket price seems just a convenient excuse for a few.[/quote]

Oh come on, Morty. Last night''s attendance was only 2,500 more than for the midweek tie against Doncaster. Given the vast disparity in the number of Doncaster and Spurs fans who attended the two games it is quite possible we actually had fewer NCFC fans there last night to see another PL team than we did to watch us play a team from the third tier.

[/quote]Okay, put yourself in the position.You are able to make the game, everything slots into place, travel, logistics, everything.Are you saying seriously that an extra fiver or tenner would stop you?Really?[/quote]

As an eccentric tax-haven-dwelling billionaire, no of course it wouldn''t make a difference to me. But in the real world of nomal people, such as a 16-year-old, it would. Or someone in the public sector who has just lost their job, or fears they will next year, it would. Or anyone already without a job, or at best on the minimum wage. Etc etc etc. Yes, an extra fiver or a tenner might very well stop me. And it certainly seems it did stop people. Otherwise how do you explain that at best we probably only had as many NCFC fans in the ground last night for a fifth round tie against Spurs as we had for a fourth round tie against a third tier side?

[/quote]I disagree. And stick to my opinion that if people really wanted to go, they would have.[/quote]What a wonderfully simplistic viewpoint

I must say that I always seem to promise myself every season that I won''t bother with early round cup games again, but like last night I can''t resist going because A:I live literally 5min walk from ground and B:have been fortunate the last few years to still be in employment and afford the games, but the reason the lads I go to league games with(season tickets in lower barclay)don''t go,despite being in similiar situation to me, is thats its just a dull affair..

I know everyone has their opinion on how they enjoy a game and thats fine and theres been a million posts on it,but I go to a game for the whole day experience, few beers with the lads,on my feet in the ground,sing,chant,banter with opposition etc. I do my sitting down analysing a game on my sofa super sunday..I personally dont appreciate getting scowled at last night for trying to start a ''Theres only one Chrissy Hughton''.I would personally not go fullstop if it was like that everyweek,and do something abit more fun with my time..I don''t know what happens at cup games,but I just don''t enjoy the overall experience,which Is probably why I''m hesitant to pay out for them.I''d happily pay out £30 for a good night/atmosphere,I do for gigs and comedy shows and the like but as i said i can sit on my sofa in silence and watch a game of football for free(kinda!)...