Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Alert! Hoolahan contract wobble? Daily Mail

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just the one question Mello.........will this £90 include a new plastic seat,half time tea and biscuits,access to a flat screen TV and refurbished toilets ?[;)][/quote]

Forgot the free programme.[:$]

IMO early talks are going on about contracts.  Hughton has been quoted as saying lately that he rates Hot-lips.  So as far as I''m concerned The Mail is just speculating.

I didn''t get any ''perks'' on Wednesday night........apart from the padded pew.....So, no concessions, and Delia for the Villa cup tie has to sit on a milking stool just outside of the home dug-out.....

NO CONCESSIONS! 

Huckerby''s boots, we can go to Europe and buy better players for less than 15 million. They will be valued at about 3 million to 4 million each. Yes they are worth more to us, but with a huge market out there we can get replacements.

Of course we would not be where we are without them, obviously. But we can improve.

Holty has worked hard you say, we''ll read the pots on here through till two weeks ago and remember those games he started. He did not. I do not accept any player who is injury free needing a quarter of the season to finally be match fit, as you state. It has been a quarter of the season and as a pro you should be ready from the second week of preseason.

I expect if hoops''s contract is up at the end of 2013/2014 that we will discuss only then, right now he has to prove his contract worth by continuing his good play through this season.

" So far as I have seen there are only a couple of players like Hoolahan in the premier league - Silva at Man City is one. Perhaps Hoolahan is not as good as him but I''d be happy for Wes to get another two years on top of what he has at the moment. "

Hoolahoops is good but I wouldn''t put him in the same sentence as Silva !

I''d give him a 1 year extension but don''t think he is as invaluable as some people say, especially in 2 years.

Not taking anything away from other players, but when we have a solid spine of Ruddy, Bassong, Tettey, Hoolahan and Holt we look a stronger side.

IMHO, if we lost Hoolahan in the summer, it would be disastrous.  The little guy has so much quality on the ball.  Makes me cringe thinking of the likes of Carey, Fuzzy et al....... 

We know when his contract expires, but I can''t see us being keen on letting it run down.  An extention to his contract may mean he will be with us for another 2-3 years, no extension and he could be gone in the summer.

Easy to replace ???After watching games we''ve played without Hoolahan - it is crucial that we retain him for as long as we can - allowing his contract to run down would be the "mother of all cockups". There is talk of easily replacing him or even upgrading him with better players. Who ?? Where ?? What ?? At the start of the season we acquired attacking players for values of 2-3mil. Hughton started with his preferred 4-4-2 formation. These players have come up short & Hughton has needed to bring back Hoolahan changing the formation of his team in doing so. At this present time there is no replacement at the club for Hoolahan in that advance midfield position.  Howson & Snodglass have been mentioned but both play & are best in their natural positions. Butterfield however has played in the Hoolahan position before - but in the championship. He has been highly spoken of but is an unknown quantity - we have had many players walk in through the doors of our club  - with potential - many have fallen flat on their faces - no the club has fallen flat on it''s face. One example was a very dark time for our club Mike Sheron was brought in with the repulation of being the "best finisher at Manchester City". In an attempt to cash in Robert Chase bought Sheron & Ashley Ward to replace superstars Efan Ekoku & Mark Robins. What made it criminal was neither Ekoku or Robins wanted to leave the club. The season before David Phillip''s contract wasn''t renewed. The likes of Mike Milligan from Oldham were brought in to replace him. To make or save a "quick buck" - replacing quality premiership players with those that come with only a reputation. I knew we were down the moment Milligan walked through the doors. (sorry Milligan fans)We went down that year & did not get back up for another 10 years !Now I''m not saying whether Butterfield is going to succeed or not, but why "count chickens" when you already have the golden goose. Can we acquire a replacement from the continent for about 4m that will do the job ? Possibly - there are plenty out there - but the club hasn''t done that - have they ??? They have acquired Snodglass & Butterfield.1995 & those Robert Chase days are still strong in the memory. That was a valuable lesson - I really hope the club has learnt from that episode - you can only replace "class" with "class" - if not hold on to the player. The quality of the player is not easily recognized by the club sometimes and also by some of the fans & supporters - this is evident by the number posting here that do not understand the importance of Hoolahan to this club - like 95 it is absurd to think some thought Sheron & Ward were as good or better than Ekoku & Robins !!! Hoolahan has been here for 4 seasons so must be happy playing for us. Giving him an extension before another club with more money & a lot of promises come along would be the most prudent move. It would also save us a lot of tossing & turning in our beds. Also note that he only cost the club 200k plus Gilks so has repaid the club a hundred times over. Even if we went down I''d back him more than any one else to get us straight back up.If the business heads of the club intend cashing in, they will jeopardize the status of the club.