Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Match thread

Norwich City: Ruddy; Whittaker, Turner, Bassong,

Garrido; Snodgrass, Tettey, Johnson, Pilkington, Hoolahan; Holt (c).

Subs: Bunn, Howson, Jackson, Morison, E. Bennett, Barnett. R. Bennett. Stoke City: Begovic, Cameron, Huth, Nzonzi, Adam, Shawcross (c),

Whitehead, Walters, Kightly, Crouch, Wilkinson. Subs: Sorensen, Whelan,

Palacios, Jones, Upson, Etherington, Jerome.

Bit harsh on E Bennett, but hopefully Snodgrass proves he''s worth his inclusion. Looks pretty much our best side at the minute though, OTBC!

I agree, seems sensible to stick with it. Hopefully we can start turning a good performance into 3 points though!

good game to judge what stage city are really at, really should be 3 points imo

defense has already looked ropey though, 3 or 4 terrible mistakes/passes in the first 10 minutes

bassong and garrido with iffy passes from back - were lucky its 0-0 at the mo

I have a little stream at the bottom of my garden but today it seems to be a bit more stuttery than normal - could anyone reccomend a course of action?:)

have been trying to row, but kept getting stuck and ended up way behind - i''m LS hunting at the mo which is slightly better progress but quite darkwtf was pilks doing!!!

Poor finishing from pilks after a good run from wes

Lacking some quality again, set pieces are poor, need a bit more from holt

Def a yellow for adam, was falling forward before garrido got to him!

Bit of a game waiting to start at the mo

ahhh I see... the flow is FIRST class but quality low ROWsulition here...Scrappy game as per usual... plenty of mistakes and wayward passing and crosses... can only improve (I hope!).

brilliant header by BJ - never thought he had that in his locker - great goal!!

Neither team looking good today; nil nil all over it at the mo. Holt seems to be off side or too deep but that is as much to do with the poor service - snodgrass and pilkingtons delivery poor today.

Snodgrass not offering enough and can see either of the wide men coming off to see if an injection of bennett pace can help - but his crossing IS worse than the current pair. Kightlys crossing is better but fortunately not getting enough of the ball

That the most entertaining element is the fact we are shouting hoof (huth?) to every long ball from them tells its own story..

[quote user="NWC"]have been trying to row, but kept getting stuck and ended up way behind - i''m LS hunting at the mo which is slightly better progress but quite darkwtf was pilks doing!!![/quote]......try a different LINK fence. i had this problem but changed to a lower one, 3 or 4 i think.

Can you imagine having to support them? Crowd should get 50 percent off for Stoke games.Great goal.Some disturbing passing at the back early on.... now to push on

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]Neither team looking good today; nil nil all over it at the mo. Holt seems to be off side or too deep but that is as much to do with the poor service - snodgrass and pilkingtons delivery poor today.

Snodgrass not offering enough and can see either of the wide men coming off to see if an injection of bennett pace can help - but his crossing IS worse than the current pair. Kightlys crossing is better but fortunately not getting enough of the ball

That the most entertaining element is the fact we are shouting hoof (huth?) to every long ball from them tells its own story..[/quote]Can''t really be nil nil when we''re 1 nil up lol and Snodgrass delivered a great cross. But I agree this hasn''t been a great game, if we win I don''t really care either.

so far so good i think.we might not have had a hat ful of chances but we look a class above Stoke right now..If they dont take Charlie Adam off they will finish the game with 10 men i think...there for the taking now and i think we can get a comfortable 3-0 out of this.. come on Norwich!

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="NWC"]have been trying to row, but kept getting stuck and ended up way behind - i''m LS hunting at the mo which is slightly better progress but quite darkwtf was pilks doing!!![/quote]......try a different LINK fence. i had this problem but changed to a lower one, 3 or 4 i think.[/quote]eeek I''ve stopped completely now - in danger of capsizing.Thanks for the advice, I''ll have to have a look at that fence - seriously thinking about getting some sort of radar fitted on my boat as the nrs won''t move back to Norwich!

I''m still worried we don''t make enough of our chances. On the way things have been, we SHOULD be 2-0 up. Pilkington should have scored, no doubt about that - I haven''t seen the Snodgrass one again yet, but I''m pretty sure he air kicked, had he touched the ball it could have been 3.

C''mon City, grab an early 2nd, make it safe!

good stop by ruddy, not great defending as the ball should never had got to walters

too tight with just a 1 0 score

agreed - stoke gettiung into it more - we need another goalbennet for turner - injured? seem to fall awkwardly earlier...