Sign in to follow this  
Stu Robson

We can still do it!!!!

With the remaining 10 games remaining:

Crystal Palace have to play Man Utd (L), Chelsea (L), Middlesbourgh (D), Everton (L), Norwich (L), Blackburn (D), Liverpool (W), Newcastle (L), Southampton (D), Charlton (L).

That puts their points total to 31 points

Southampton have to play Spurs (D), Middlesbourgh (L), Chelsea (L), Blackburn (D), Villa (W), Bolton (L), Pompey (D), Norwich (D), Palace (D), Man Utd (L)

That puts their points total to 29 points

West Brom have to play Birmingham (L), Chelsea (L), Charlton (L), Everton (D), Villa (D), Blackburn (D), Spurs (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Arsenal (L), Man Utd (L), Pompey (W)

That puts their points to 24 points

Norwich have to play Chelsea (L), Bolton (L), Arsenal (D), Man Utd (L), Palace (D), Newcastle (W), Charlton (W), Saints (D), Birmingham (W), Fulham (D)

that puts Norwich''s points on 33 points

See there is still hope of a comeback. Ashton is getting better, Hucks will be back for the rest of the games.

It is far from over and we still have to believe that.

Of course we can still stay up,its just that the palace game is a MUST win game, and then we''ve got to hope that we win one more game than palace in the other 9 or so(hoping they lose)

even so,your projected results do seem a tad strange.doubt we''ll get a draw at highbury,while it seems hihgly unlikely that palace will lose against us at the same time as we draw with them.....

Crystal Palace have to play Man Utd (L), Chelsea (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Everton (L), Norwich (L), Blackburn (D), Liverpool (L), Newcastle (D), Southampton (W), Charlton (D): 30 pts

Southampton have to play Spurs (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Chelsea (L), Blackburn (L), Villa (D), Bolton (L), Pompey (D), Norwich (D), Palace (D), Man Utd (L): 24pts

West Brom have to play Birmingham (L), Chelsea (L), Charlton (L), Everton (L), Villa (D), Blackburn (L), Spurs (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Arsenal (L), Man Utd (L), Pompey (L): 19pts

Norwich have to play Chelsea (L), Bolton (D), Arsenal (L), Man Utd (L), Palace (W), Newcastle (D), Charlton (D), Saints (D), Birmingham (D), Fulham (W): 31pts

Leaving it:

Norwich

Crystal Palace

Southampton

WBA

well you get the picture that it is by no means over. Anyway why cant we get a draw at highbury. sheff utd did, so did saints. They are not exactly rock solid at the back either.

Optimistic at best, the table doesn''t lie and I''ve seen nothing since Christmas to suggest we''ll be getting many points from saturday onwards. It will only happen if we discover the art of defending, especially from set pieces and having two weeks to work on that didn''t reap anything on Monday

.......I am afraid folks that we can''t. The evidence is simply not there to support any more than one or two wins (perhaps Charlton and Brum when they have little to play for at the end) and too many defeats, INCLUDING at Saints and Palace. We DO NOT win the crunch games often enough, particularly away from home.

I would really love to be optimistic but we have to face the fact that our side is riddled with serious problems and serial underperformers.

Saints are looking more and more confident despite the loss of Prutton they look far better than a bottom three side. Palace just seem to be able to gind out the odd result enough to just about stay ahead of us. We might catch one but not both.

I will drink as much as I can at the fountain that is the Premiership while we are there, but I just don''t see anything other than relegation and the need to plan for it now, starting with the defence and moving to the centre (yes, including the repeated mysterious cases of the disappearing Francis). I will cheer and support and love watching Chelsea and Man Utd come to our patch. But in my heart I now know they will not be here next season.

Now call me a moaner if you will, I am just telling it as I see it. Sorry.

How can you have Palace lose to Norwich and Norwich draw against Palace.... ?

What about this then:

Crystal Palace have to play Man Utd (L), Chelsea (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Everton (L), Norwich (L), Blackburn (L), Liverpool (L), Newcastle (L), Southampton (L), Charlton (L).

That puts their points total to 25 points

Southampton have to play Spurs (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Chelsea (L), Blackburn (L), Villa (L), Bolton (L), Pompey (L), Norwich (L), Palace (L), Man Utd (L)

That puts their points total to 21 points

West Brom have to play Birmingham (L), Chelsea (L), Charlton (L), Everton (L), Villa (L), Blackburn (L), Spurs (L), Middlesbourgh (L), Arsenal (L), Man Utd (L), Pompey (L)

That puts their points to 18 points

Norwich have to play Chelsea (W), Bolton (W), Arsenal (W), Man Utd (W), Palace (W), Newcastle (W), Charlton (W), Saints (W), Birmingham (W), Fulham (W)

that puts Norwich''s points on 50 points.

So, by my reckoning we''ve still got a chance of getting into the UEFA

You''re right Barclay in Chile- maybe I was too negative. With our solid defence, excellent passing and organisation, pace and imagination those results suddenly look possible. Now who would you like in Europe then? Bayern again?

While it is possible that we can still stay, it''s highly unlikely at the moment unless our injured players all recover and add something else to the team.

I''m sorry but if we can''t even get a point off Man City from 2-0 at home then I can''t see us getting the points required.  We have scored 9 goals in 3 home games and only have 4 points, most other teams would have 7-9 points after scoring 9.

These threads analysing results mean nothing, if it all works out as people have planned then woohoo but I will not be putting any money on it!

Frankly I''m gutted that we going to just miss out on a Champion''s League place

But it means our plans for European domination will be a year behind schedule.

Get real Stu Robson, we''re as good as down. Yeah we can stay up, its still possible, but come on, there is very little chance. Anyone who wants £50 on it with me - you''re more than welcome.

I did think that after the Ryan Jarvis goal against Liverpool we might have been invited to join the G14 group, but I guess that Real Madrid wouldn''t have wanted the competition. Another expectation dashed.