Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Is our pitch too good?

Please treat this as a serious post people.

I''ve been appalled this season as to standard of the playing surface''s of many so called ''wealthy'' clubs. I mean, Everton''s looked like Blackpool beach on a off day!.

Chelski''s ain''t much better. These teams must think its their bloody birthday when they play here, so is our superb playing surface aiding these teams?, for me it is.

Can''t we rough it up a bit?, or is that underhand and sneaky?.

Yo ho ho.

Nice though it looks, that thought about the pitch had crossed my mind too.
It must be quite an advantage to play at home on a pitch that has sandy goalmouths or waterlogged corners for example. Maybe we could grow the grass really long or something. Once we get used to it we''ll be creaming everyone at home.

like paying shackels prefessional contract?

Can''t help but agree, as sad as it is, that a poor pitch can help to sway the odds. But at least it looks nice on TV.

According to most experts, the good pitch suits our "trying to keep it on the ground" style of playing football.  They must realise that we haven''t played like that for 10 yrs!

interesting post but the idea of having a pitch like a ploughed field and hoofing the ball up to the front men doesn''t appeal to me! And who''s to say we would be more successful doing that? afterall, how many points have we taken away on these so called "poor" quality pitches? I think that nips that theory in the bud doesn''t it?

Oh right!

I thought that it was our badly organised defence, our lack of decisive finishing, and our inability to kill games off that was the reason why we are second from bottom.

But all along it was because our pitch was too good...

I know what i''d rather see the canaries play on week in week out, and beach football certainly didn''t cross my mind. I''m proud that we have one of if not the best pitches in the country and it just goes to show what great facilities and staff we have here.

Did you consider the thought that playing on a bad pitch could increase the chances of our players picking up injuries, i.e. broken up turf could cause a player to twist their ankle, knee etc and cause damage.

In a word yes. It aids the more skillful teams and the money could have been better spent.

[quote]I know what i''d rather see the canaries play on week in week out, and beach football certainly didn''t cross my mind. I''m proud that we have one of if not the best pitches in the country and it just go...[/quote]

I don''t think anyone''s actually suggesting we should dig up the pitch and replace it with a sandpit... it''s just an observation isn''t it

Alan, that is junk, why not get beaten week in / week out on a Sunday league style pitch. It makes no difference, as i pointed out before, how come we haven''t won away from home where some of the grounds have been poor?

I have another plan, since we can''t out-football teams let''s buy a load of overly aggressive players and change our tactics! Oh we can''t do that because West brom, Blackburn and B''ham have already done it, it''s working well for West brom.

To suggest that we should not aim to have a good pitch is moronic.

[quote]Alan, that is junk, why not get beaten week in / week out on a Sunday league style pitch. It makes no difference, as i pointed out before, how come we haven''t won away from home where some of the grou...[/quote]

My dear Marty: At no time did I, or anyone else call you moronic, therefore, at least have the common good manners not to refer to your fellow posters by that insulting term please.

Thank you.