Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Capitol One Cup ticket update

I didn''t go tonight because £30 for adults was at least £10 too much and everyone with any sense will know thats true!

Mcnasty was just on Radio Norfolk admitting he got the pricing wrong, fair play to the guy for admitting that!

Haven''t announced the crowd yet but its sounds like Spurs are playing at White Hart Lane and aparently the Barclay and N&P are very sparsely populated!

Lesson learnt hopefully David Mcnally!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]We each have our own conscience to wrestle with when deciding whether we should support the team....[/quote]

At least you, Mt Bumpkin, have no intellect to wrestle with. Your mind is a DMZ.

RP

[quote user="kingsway"]

I didn''t go tonight because £30 for adults was at least £10 too much and everyone with any sense will know thats true!

Mcnasty was just on Radio Norfolk admitting he got the pricing wrong, fair play to the guy for admitting that!

[/quote]

At least he admitted it. What a fooking joke it was though. Atmosphere was dictated by ludicrous pricing, glad he realises he got it wrong, never mind, it''s history now, and we''re in the quarters!!

I''m a season ticket holder......I went tonight......and I''m Spartacus!

Bit sad to see so many empty seats......I guess folk did vote with their absence......But the last 12 minutes was worth £25.00.....at least.

Tickets for the Villa cup tie will be on sale for a Trillion pounds each for adults and pensioners......and kids for a quid.

Only true fans need apply.....

Well, well, well, well, well. Those true fans who bothered to turn up last night were rewarded with a rousing finale. Step forward Master Bunn, our new hero. Pity so few "fans" witnessed your heroics. And now to the next round, a mouth-watering re-aquaintance with the evil Lambert...I have a suggestion for the club - those who can show ticket stubs for the Donny, Scunny and Spursy games get a free ticket! Or entrance for a token ammount. I''d like to suggest that all season ticket holders who didn''t attend - and yes the club can identify you because when you brought a ticket, for whatever seat, it will have been recorded against your customer number - should be BANNED from this game or charged £100 for their seat. Now Mr McNasty has come over all remorseful, I don''t suppose he''ll go for these options.My guess is that on the evening of the next round the good season ticket holders of Norwich will suddenly find their calendars free from organising bonfire parties for orphans, speech therapy sessions for dolphins or protests against the general unfairness of having to actually pay to watch a competitive cup game andthe fairweathers will take their places in the stands again.Mungo

Overcharge and folks will stay at home and watch on the internet, as they did last night. McNally got it badly wrong and he has no excuses as just about everybody was telling him thast weeks ago. He is a very stubborn man IMO.  

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Well, well, well, well, well. Those true fans who bothered to turn up last night were rewarded with a rousing finale. Step forward Master Bunn, our new hero. Pity so few "fans" witnessed your heroics. And now to the next round, a mouth-watering re-aquaintance with the evil Lambert...

I have a suggestion for the club - those who can show ticket stubs for the Donny, Scunny and Spursy games get a free ticket! Or entrance for a token ammount. I''d like to suggest that all season ticket holders who didn''t attend - and yes the club can identify you because when you brought a ticket, for whatever seat, it will have been recorded against your customer number - should be BANNED from this game or charged £100 for their seat. Now Mr McNasty has come over all remorseful, I don''t suppose he''ll go for these options.

My guess is that on the evening of the next round the good season ticket holders of Norwich will suddenly find their calendars free from organising bonfire parties for orphans, speech therapy sessions for dolphins or protests against the general unfairness of having to actually pay to watch a competitive cup game andthe fairweathers will take their places in the stands again.

Mungo
[/quote]

Christ you are a sad excuse for a human being if you are criticising someone who didn''t attend becaause he regularly organises a party for disabled kids...why don''t you just do one or maybe you would rather explain your position in person to those who couldn''t attend for a variety of good reasons....no guess not eh!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Did I mention "disabled kids"? Perhaps being wracked with guilt for not going to the game has impaired your ability to read?
[/quote]

Well it seemed fairly obvious to me which previous poster you were having a go at!! Never mind, just hide behind your keyboard!!!

And I assume that cash/time will suddenly present no undue problems for you, Horny, when it comes to attending the quarter final. After all, the game is so close to Christmas which is such an expensive and busy time for everyone!

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]If I lived a long way away, I''d do the decent thing and support the local team. Fortunately my local team is Norwich City so I don''t have to resort to being  a long distance wannabe.[/quote]Well Mungo, I''m a season ticket holder and I didn''t go either even though I live 80 miles away and was in Norwich anyway. Mr McNally got it wrong and that''s all there is to it really.Assuming your first sentence isn''t a wind-up it''s hardly loyal support to switch allegiance whenever you move to a team based where you happen to be living, is it ?

Should we get to Wembley, perhaps you''d be kind enough to pick up my ticket from the office and drop it at mine Mungo.

I''m under 2 miles from the ground.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]If I lived a long way away, I''d do the decent thing and support the local team. Fortunately my local team is Norwich City so I don''t have to resort to being  a long distance wannabe.[/quote]

Keep looking for that second brain cell so you can fulfil your ambition of becoming a plant.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Move? If you were a Norwich lad, born and bred, why would you ever move?
[/quote]

Ive never met anyone from Norfolk with 6 fingers, but next time I''m at Carrow Rd I''ll keep my eye open for you Mungo (thats if you actually go to the football)

Like many, I live a long way from Norwich and £30 was far too steep to see essentially 2 second teams playing in a front of what would clearly be a low crowd and a dire atmosphere. I had expected a price of about £20 for a competition that few take seriously, including the clubs themselves. At that price, I would have gone.

Revenue from 16,000 at £30 a throw works out about the same as £24,000 at £20 each (less a bit of merchandising), so McNally may not feel he got it wrong with the pricing. But it doesn''t do much for encouraging the next generation, although directors are often more concerned about the here and now. The fact that this was a half-term break, too, made it a bit of a missed opportunity.

As for the faux silliness shown by our resident troll, I went to the Scunthorpe game as I was in the Norwich area anyway, but more to the point, the pricing was right for that game.

Mungo, I trust you went with Mary and Midge, or are they equally fairweather supporters?

McNally has just announced free tickets to the Villa game for those with stubs to previous three rounds. On the official site now! Great to see that the club is finally rewarding its loyalest supporters.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]McNally has just announced free tickets to the Villa game for those with stubs to previous three rounds. On the official site now! Great to see that the club is finally rewarding its loyalest supporters.
[/quote]

Yes Mungo. But the small print states that you also have to have a ticket stub for Gillingham away in the 2nd round of the paint pot 2009. Unlucky buddy[:''(]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]McNally has just announced free tickets to the Villa game for those with stubs to previous three rounds. On the official site now! Great to see that the club is finally rewarding its loyalest supporters.
[/quote]

Yes Mungo. But the small print states that you also have to have a ticket stub for Gillingham away in the 2nd round of the paint pot 2009. Unlucky buddy[:''(]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s me in then!

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s me in then!

[/quote]

I''ve got one to sell...... [:D]

[quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s me in then!

[/quote]

See you there[Y]

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Just checked the ticket sales on the club site. Another massive no-show from season ticket holders (please spare us the "protest/sending a pricing message to McNally" guff). Interesting to see that the most DISLOYAL season ticket holders are those in the lower Barclay - obviously the natural home of the fairweather glory hunter![/quote]I am really offended by this post, and your attitude. I am a season ticket holder but I have not been in the past for various reasons, such as:1) Not living in Norwich2) Working at weekends3) Being too unwell to make it to games4) Having family who are sick or unwell and needed care and attention5) Not having enough money to attend games6) Having a long-distance relationship7) Having a life outside football (shock, horror!)8) The thought that there is a 1 in 25''000 chance that I might have to stand next to youI do not believe that any of the above factors qualify me as being disloyal or a glory hunter, thankyou very much.Sanctimonious idiot.

Kolin, I sense genuine vitriol. Of course, you''re right. It''s a disgrace that this message board puts up with JUVENILE RUBBISH like this. I''d write a letter to ARCHANT to COMPLAIN. But don''t press too hard or  your crayons might tear the paper and then you''d have to start again and that would make you really ANGRY!!! On the other hand, you could just ignore posts like this one rather than trying to justify why your support has lapsed.