Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Capitol One Cup ticket update

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="morty"]Sod it, I''m going.I was meant to be back at work, but the storm on the Eastern seaboard has delayed it.After seeing the Arsenal game last night my appetite is whetted![/quote]

Norwich team announced five minutes after Morty has paid good money and got into the ground:RuddWhittaker, Howson, Hoolahan, E BennettLappin, J Murphy, Barnett, ButterfieldSteer, BunnResult: NCFC 0 Spurs 5 (nb - the referee abandoned ther game after 35 minutes to save NCFC from further punishement following a protest from the League Against Cruel Sports).Hughton post-match comment: "This was a good time to try out one or two new ideas. I particularly wanted to see how Johnny Howson and Wes performed as a central defensive pairing, because of the extra skill they bring to that position. And Jed Steer and Mark Bunn have been knocking in the goals in training, so I thought that was worth a trial in a proper game. And I thought that shot of Jed''s that went hit a red-faced shouty man in the Jarrold who was waving an empty wallet around showed some distinct promise for the future."

[/quote][:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Sod it, I''m going.I was meant to be back at work, but the storm on the Eastern seaboard has delayed it.After seeing the Arsenal game last night my appetite is whetted![/quote]

Glory hunter.[:P]

[/quote][:)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

Glory hunter.[:P][/quote]

I shall be hunting glory too as I take my place with the biscuit chasers in The Morgue AKA The Geoffrey Watling City Stand!

MEGA LOL [/quote]

Except for Mello Yello and Tilly of course! [;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote][:)][/quote]See you in the Nelson?  [:)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="morty"][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote][:)][/quote]See you in the Nelson?  [:)][/quote]Done deal[Y]

Like Morty I have also given in and I shall be there tonight... I was put off by the £30 but screw it...I''m not sitting in my normal season ticket seat however, if Mungo doesnt like it well... that''s his problem.

It matters not a jot whether a season ticket holder sits in their normal seat or not, simply whether or not they attend. If you''re sitting somewhere else in the ground, good for you! But with 20k season ticket holders and a crowd of about half that bolstered by a fair few casuals you don''t have to be Einstein to work out that the majority of ST holders are staying away.

The club are texting non-attendees and McNally is tweeting.

The crowd will be an embarrassment, hopefully thefootball won''t be.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

It matters not a jot whether a season ticket holder sits in their normal seat or not, simply whether or not they attend. If you''re sitting somewhere else in the ground, good for you! But with 20k season ticket holders and a crowd of about half that bolstered by a fair few casuals you don''t have to be Einstein to work out that the majority of ST holders are staying away.

The club are texting non-attendees and McNally is tweeting.

The crowd will be an embarrassment, hopefully thefootball won''t be.

[/quote]

Mungo.... I''m a ST holder, but I''m not going tonight, does that make your blood boil???

I''m not angry, just disappointed. You''ve let yourself down and, more importantly, you''ve let the club down. It''d a shame that those who smuggly claim to be the bedrock of the club''s support can''t be @rsed to to turn up and support the team in a competitive fixture.

I''m another season ticket holder who won''t be there tonight, it is Halloween and I always organise a party for kids with disabilities as most of them can''t get out trick or treating, does that make me less a fan Mungo?

[quote user="Harry"]I''m another season ticket holder who won''t be there tonight, it is Halloween and I always organise a party for kids with disabilities as most of them can''t get out trick or treating, does that make me less a fan Mungo?[/quote]That''s very commendable of you Harry but I think you should have invited poor Mungo along unless being a village idiot doesn''t qualify. Perhaps we can do something for him on bonfire night! [;)]

[quote user="Harry"]I''m another season ticket holder who won''t be there tonight, it is Halloween and I always organise a party for kids with disabilities as most of them can''t get out trick or treating, does that make me less a fan Mungo?[/quote]

In his eyes it will probably make you a disgrace.

[quote user="Mr Wolf"]

Come on people. Dig deep into your pockets and get behind the boys.  £30 is a lot of money, but the lads need your support so we can progress! Also if we sell 20,000 tickets that''s well over half a million pumped into the club in gate receipts - not a bad thing really?! The club has a business to run here so can''t be giving the tickets away for free.  Stop being so tight and give the lads the support they need and deserve!!

[/quote]

And we all have household budgets to run here.

I was planning to go, but I have a strict budget of 1200 quid, flight + travel would cost, oddly enough, 1171.

in all seriousness though, how are you going to have a go at people for not spending 30quid on a wed night game (+ travel in many cases) when they''ve already forked out a ton for their season ticket?

Real supporters of Norwich City will be there tonight. Those who decide not to go for whatever reason can drone on about "making a protest" and justifying their failure to attend.

No Reeves

No fans

No Future

South Out!

Loyal Mungo

Because ''can''t afford it'' is never a good excuse.

I know that for myself, when I''m out of dosh, I just grab a credit card, get myself a new TV, and just throw the card away never to pay it off. #MongoLogic

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

Real supporters of Norwich City will be there tonight. Those who decide not to go for whatever reason can drone on about "making a protest" and justifying their failure to attend.

No Reeves   No fans   No Future  South Out!   Loyal Mungo

[/quote]

Loyal you may be (is "loyal" the definition of a wind up merchant?);  unfortunately - compassionate, understanding, community minded, friendly, respectful of others you are not.

It is interesting people feel the need to justify why they can''t go tonight. I dont need to at all - I can''t go, simple as that. I am 95% sure I can''t go to Man U either due to its stupid k-o time, so a ''glory hunter'' I most certainly am not. It would be interesting to see how hoiler-than-thou Bumble Pumpkin or whatever his name is would be if he lived a long way away or was not flush with cash.

If I lived a long way away, I''d do the decent thing and support the local team. Fortunately my local team is Norwich City so I don''t have to resort to being  a long distance wannabe.

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]I am a season ticket holder (of many, many years standing) and more than happy to fork out for cup tickets [/quote]

I''m toasting your going this evening with a rather fine Merlot. I just hope we get to the final so I can pick up my ticket, as a season ticket holder.