Sign in to follow this  
Mungo Bumpkin

Capitol One Cup ticket update

Its not feeding.Its questioning his points, and pointing how ridiculous they are, and not in any way, fact based.I''m helping him become a better person.[:)]

[quote user="morty"]Its not feeding.

Its questioning his points, and pointing how ridiculous they are, and not in any way, fact based.

I''m helping him become a better person.

[:)]
[/quote]

exactly what he wants you to do so you are feeding him,

as for helping him become a better person he is way beyond anyones help

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]The fact of the matter is that this is a competitive first team fixture which puts a Wembley Cup Final within our grasp and should be supported as such. The fact of the matter is that a large proportion of season ticket holders are glory hunters who onlu go to Carrow Road to get excited about seeing the "big team" opposition. The fact of the matter is that most of these individuals will be sitting at home cheering on their real team on tv in the Champions League.[/quote]

Aren''t Spurs big enough?

Remind me Mungo, how many of our glory hunting fair weather season ticket holders deserted the club when we were relegated to the 3rd tier? Whilst you''re at it, remind me how the purchase of the player who goals helped us secure back to back promotions and a mid table finish in the top flight was funded?

[quote user="crabbycanary"][quote user="crabbycanary"]Oh dear Mungo - what if I said I couldn''t go next week becuase my Dad has been diagnosed with Cancer?[/quote][/quote]. Hello! Anyone there? Thought not. Dickhead

Mungo, give it up. We know your upset, but you''ve sacked Jewell now, you might be lucky and get a half decent manager who takes you back to your rightful 15th place position in the table...

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]The fact of the matter is that this is a competitive first team fixture which puts a Wembley Cup Final within our grasp and should be supported as such. The fact of the matter is that a large proportion of season ticket holders are glory hunters who onlu go to Carrow Road to get excited about seeing the "big team" opposition. The fact of the matter is that most of these individuals will be sitting at home cheering on their real team on tv in the Champions League.[/quote]

Perhaps you could advise us which teams will be playing in the Champions League on that night.

[quote user="morty"]Its not feeding.

Its questioning his points, and pointing how ridiculous they are, and not in any way, fact based.

I''m helping him become a better person.

[:)]
[/quote]

You can sometimes perform miracles but never the impossible.

A quick update - the overall turnout is still looking like being a complete embarrassment, the level of season ticket holder uptake is riseable (you know who you are!) and the  least loyal section of the ground is definitley the Lower Barclay.

Tut tut.

Still, those of us who are bothering to turn up will doubtless make enough noise to spur the lads on.

REAL fans go to Capital One Cup matches.

Fact is that not every ST holder is a true Norwich fan....I know of several Gooner and Spuds fans that live in this part of the world but get STs to watch football locally (and because their team is either too expensive or they couldnt get tickets)

There are also some posters on this forum in the past that have tried to claim they should get preferential treatment.

Fact is that there are plastics in both ST and non-ST camps and genuine fans in both too.  As for Mungo - you all know he''s a WUM, just ignore him if he gets on your nerves.....

Although i have purchased my season ticket seat for this game i thought i would look online at availability with just under 48 hours until kick off and all i can say is unless there is demand on the night and all the problems that will bring with it for the box office all i will say is that Norwich City have got the pricing wrong big time.I know people moaned from the outset at £30 and many on here stated they would not pay on pricipal or because of hardship which i fully understand but it looks like opinions on here for once reflect the view of the fan base at large.

15,000 all paying would be pretty good gate receipts. With season ticket income banked a league game would only have 6.000 casuals? What sort of message would 15,000 send out?

Seen a tweet tonight from someone who has been called by the club about ticket sales. I''ve had three NCFC texts about the game and there''s been quite a few twitter posts advertising the game.

A poster on WotB who looked at the online ticketing did a rough count of 10200 still unsold in the home areas.

Same here Tim.  The very least they could have done was major on the half term holiday to capture families and encourage the fans of the future through a heavily discounted family ticket.  Ah well, we all never stop learning. 

[quote user="shefcanary"]Same here Tim.  The very least they could have done was major on the half term holiday to capture families and encourage the fans of the future through a heavily discounted family ticket.  Ah well, we all never stop learning. [/quote]

The trouble is some of us never actually start !

Ah the intellectual heavyweight of Mr Bumpkin, the Audley Harrison of the Pink Un. Quite cute in his own naive way but never lands a punch and has the debating equivalent of a glass chin. Bless.

RP

As Tilly says; less than 48 hrs to go & there''s availability all around the ground! It’s half-term. I have 2 boys here 7 & 15 – Mum comes home saying she heard kids are just £5. Online booking suggests I should pay £30 (Adult) + £15 (u-16) + £5 (u-12) + £1.50 booking fee. Total £51.50.

Given our family enjoyed attending Scunthorpe & Doncaster for reasonable money, I consider this (on top of our season tickets) just too much for a mid-week cup game so we won’t be going.

Not the best way of marketing to the fans of tomorrow is it? Most likely there’ll be empty seats instead of fans and we may lose the game due to lack of atmosphere & vocal support. I don''t understand the clubs rationale on this one!

[quote user="Tim Allman"]Seen a tweet tonight from someone who has been called by the club about ticket sales. I''ve had three NCFC texts about the game and there''s been quite a few twitter posts advertising the game.

A poster on WotB who looked at the online ticketing did a rough count of 10200 still unsold in the home areas.[/quote]

Same here, ST holder and no show for me. McNally needs a reality check on pricing and voting with your feet is a good way of reminding the club that screwing the fans for every penny will end in tears. The problem is of course that playing a Premiership club used to be a big deal, now it isn''t. Spurs, so what.

GL

As a non-season ticket supporter,  I would have been happy to pay £25 for a seat against Spurs, so £30 is just perhaps psychologically  a bit too high.  I can''t make it to the match anyway, but the league games I do attend I end up paying sometimes £45  so  I suppose £30 doesn''t seem so bad.   The club have just misjudged it slightly, I think - they ought to remember the loyalty of season ticket holders.   Maybe to the well paid, well off  people who make these decisions, £30 doesn''t sound much - but to most of us it is a significant amount, especially when its an occasion when family can come along too. 

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]Bet there won''t be too much trouble finding the cash or time if a trip to Wembley is in the offing.[/quote]

Too damned right Mungo. You don''t want to fanny about with this trivial early round nonsense.

I like the idea Villa had of doing 4 tickets for £44 for our game. Call it £30 a ticket, or bring 3 mates for an extra £14. Think a pricing strategy along those lines would be good for this type of fixture.

I wanted to go, but after paying £30 for the ticket and about £50 for the train and at least half a day off work, just isn''t realistic to watch a second string team. Now if we were going to be full strength and really going for the win it might be different.

[quote user="lake district canary"]As a non-season ticket supporter,  I would have been happy to pay £25 for a seat against Spurs, so £30 is just perhaps psychologically  a bit too high.  I can''t make it to the match anyway, but the league games I do attend I end up paying sometimes £45  so  I suppose £30 doesn''t seem so bad.   The club have just misjudged it slightly, I think - they ought to remember the loyalty of season ticket holders.   Maybe to the well paid, well off  people who make these decisions, £30 doesn''t sound much - but to most of us it is a significant amount, especially when its an occasion when family can come along too. 

[/quote]

When you''re being paid £1M per year, it isn''t even loose change.

[quote user="Vazzza"]I like the idea Villa had of doing 4 tickets for £44 for our game. Call it £30 a ticket, or bring 3 mates for an extra £14. Think a pricing strategy along those lines would be good for this type of fixture.

I wanted to go, but after paying £30 for the ticket and about £50 for the train and at least half a day off work, just isn''t realistic to watch a second string team. Now if we were going to be full strength and really going for the win it might be different.[/quote]

The club has taken a massive gamble, the ideal situation would be a full house at Carrow Road driving the team on perhaps to victory and another payday. A win win for supporters and the fans. Putting short term financial interests first without due regard to supporters financial limits in harsh economics times is a bit of an own goal.

GL