Sign in to follow this  
Norfolk Mustard

Wifi inside Carrow Road

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I can never get a wifi connection in the Upper Barclay - nor can those around me. Vodafone 3G isn''t good either. Any helpful tips anyone?[/quote]

If you want to send a message try catching one of the pigeons and send it that way!!

Seems like 3G never works at Carrow Road, so the best thing is to force your phone into 2G/2.5G (GSM) as it works, just painfully slowly!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]I can never get a wifi connection in the Upper Barclay - nor can those around me. Vodafone 3G isn''t good either. Any helpful tips anyone?[/quote]

My 3g is useless at the ground too, is wifi even available at the ground? Its not that I check the net during the game, but I like to see how all the other games are going at half time.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]Ignore your phone for a couple of hours and concentrate on the football.

[/quote]

Thank you for such eloquent advice! :-)

I doubt anyone concentrates much harder than me during the game; monitoring and developing peak performance is part of my professional work as well as NCFC being my home team. Of course I pay attention - probably noticing many things you are unlikely to...

The 3G signal is poor because of the large number of phones connecting to a single cell - it gets completely saturated.

There is WIFI at Carrow Road but WAPs only accept around 500 connections. With 27,000 people present, the odds of getting a connection are pretty slim.

Hope this helps answer your questions.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Ignore your phone for a couple of hours and concentrate on the football.[/quote]

I doubt anyone concentrates much harder than me during the game; monitoring and developing peak performance is part of my professional work as well as NCFC being my home team. Of course I pay attention - probably noticing many things you are unlikely to...

[/quote]So what you''re saying is being a personal trainer makes you a superior football watcher, I''m amazed that the rest of us non personal trainers ever bother.

[quote user="Shifty Sid"] With 27,000 people present, the odds of getting a connection are pretty slim.

[/quote]

Make that 26,999 is i like to engage people around me in conversation for a couple of hours.Call me old fashioned but the electronic scoreboard does it for me until i get home and not knowing some of the scores makes MOTD and the FLS a tad more interesting to watch.

Tilly, your phone couldn''t obtain latest scores even if you did want to see them! Christ, you''ve only just mastered the text message!!

I bet you used to close your eyes when those two chaps used to walk round the perimeter with the half-times too.

[IMG]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm135/Medic__04/Supernatural%20Motivation%20Posters/DEAN-TECHNOPHOBE.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="Kathy "]But you promised me you''d show me how to do pictures?[/quote]

I am sure this post will get norfolkbroadslim hot under the collar.[:D]

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="Norfolk Mustard"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]Ignore your phone for a couple of hours and concentrate on the football.

[/quote]

[/quote]

So what you''re saying is being a personal trainer makes you a superior football watcher, I''m amazed that the rest of us non personal trainers ever bother.

[/quote]

No, I''m not a personal trainer - that''s physical/gym work isn''t it?

I''m currently in discussions to work with a company actively involved in professional football. Their advanced interest suggests I already possess a high standard of observational skills - but thank you for your advice that I should concentrate on the match! :-)