Sign in to follow this  
hazza9

Javier Garrido

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]

Agree that Garrido is class and is deservedly first choice.

However lets not start Tierney bashing. He was solid in the first half of last season and I seem to recall the concern on this board then was that we get an offer that was to good to refuse in the January window. Being out for half a season and short on matchtime since then is not going to help his confidence. However he is a Norwich player and when he is called upon, and he will be at some point this season possibly next Saturday, we need to get behind him. I made a similar point about Michael Turner earlier but that he needed to give us reason to get behind him. Well gradually he seems to be doing just that. Marc Tierney will need to do the same.

Also as good as Garrido is lets get the rose tinted specs off. He does make mistakes, his misplaced pass didn''t cost us yesterday but his errors have cost us before. A couple of goals against Liverpool for instance imo. His mistakes also seem to be of the heart stopping variety, but maybe one high risk pass a game is the price that has to be paid for not just hoofing it upfield incessantly.

Great three points yesterday.

OTBC

[/quote]

Excellent post [Y]  especially with your reference to ball playing defenders having an increased probability of making errors, as opposed to those who constantly hoof it up field.

Isn''t it interesting how some of those who clearly do not rate Marc Tierney now, were saying how good they thought Tierney was only a year ago?  Yet another case of people wishing to fit in with the latest popular opinion here.

Perhaps we should bring these boys back, as some of the posters on this thread thought that they were good enough to get us promoted to the Premier League prior to realising that we were actually going to get us relegated in 2008/09.

NCFC team V''s Charlton (away) - May 3rd 2009

Goalkeeper David Marshall

Defender/Right back Jon Otsemobor

Defender/Centre back Gary Doherty

Defender/Centre back Jason Shackell

Defender/Centre back Adrian Leijer

Midfielder Darel Russell

Midfielder Korey Smith

Midfielder Sammy Clingan

Midfielder Simon Lappin

Forward David Mooney

Forward Alan Lee

[/quote]

LOL

Is that what you meant Sussex?

[/quote]

As they say, if the cap fits wear it.

[/quote]

Don''t think it suits me but MacNamee looks fecking good to  me in it...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]

However lets not start Tierney bashing. He was solid in the first half of last season and I seem to recall the concern on this board then was that we get an offer that was to good to refuse in the January window. Being out for half a season and short on matchtime since then is not going to help his confidence. However he is a Norwich player and when he is called upon, and he will be at some point this season possibly next Saturday, we need to get behind him. I made a similar point about Michael Turner earlier but that he needed to give us reason to get behind him. Well gradually he seems to be doing just that. Marc Tierney will need to do the same.

Also as good as Garrido is lets get the rose tinted specs off. He does make mistakes, his misplaced pass didn''t cost us yesterday but his errors have cost us before. A couple of goals against Liverpool for instance imo. His mistakes also seem to be of the heart stopping variety, but maybe one high risk pass a game is the price that has to be paid for not just hoofing it upfield incessantly.

OTBC

[/quote]Excellent post [Y]  especially with your reference to ball playing defenders having an increased probability of making errors, as opposed to those who constantly hoof it up field.Isn''t it interesting how some of those who clearly do not rate Marc Tierney now, were saying how good they thought Tierney was only a year ago?  Yet another case of people wishing to fit in with the latest popular opinion here.Perhaps we should bring these boys back, as some of the posters on this thread thought that they were good enough to get us promoted to the Premier League prior to realising that we were actually going to get us relegated in 2008/09.NCFC team V''s Charlton (away) - May 3rd 2009Goalkeeper David Marshall

Midfielder Darel Russell

Midfielder Korey Smith

Midfielder Sammy Clingan

Midfielder Simon Lappin

Forward David Mooney

Forward Alan Lee

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]As they say, if the cap fits wear it.

[/quote]

[/quote]Are you sure on that?Take a good look again.  That team has more than one player in it that you and the other football experts on here rated.I remember you tipping them as at least a decent bet for the play-off''s that season too.Oh dear, I wish I was as insightful as you.

Smudge, you do love a strawman don''t you?

Oh also, we won yesterday so I''m surprised to see you gracing us with your presence.

[quote user="I.S."]Smudge, you do love a strawman don''t you?

Oh also, we won yesterday so I''m surprised to see you gracing us with your presence.[/quote]I was here throughout our winning run under Lambert until I was exterminated.  I even spoke out against those who doubted his credentials as a manager when he first arrived, as it was obvious to see that he would be a success from day one.  So I think that it is a myth to say that I hide when things are going well don''t you?  Just another of the many myths that have been posted willy nilly over the years on here.  There is proof there that the popular opinion was that a large number of posters thought that Marc Tierney was the best thing since sliced bread this time last year and I didn''t hear any of those who were being so critical of him now state otherwise.Too afraid to speak out on their own against a popular belief I suppose?Anyhow, great result yesterday and we now have the points total that I was asking for as a minimum requirement by the end of the month well ahead of schedule.  Still a lot to work on, but the last week or two has given us a great platform to build on between now and Christmas and a big WELL DONE to all of those concerned.  For me a major reason for the recent change in success has been Alex Tettey - no surprise to me as I have been asking for the inclusion of Tettey and Butterfield (when fit) from the very start of the season.

I saw all of the games Tierney played in last season and he was definitely ranked in my top 3-4 players in the side. He often got in behind the right back and I seem to remember some of his crossing was rather good. I have only seen Garrido on TV this year and he looks very composed and not in a rush to hoof the ball to the opposition goalkeeper. I think they''re clearly both very good, but quite different players and if Garrido is injured I''d be more than happy to have Tierney back in the side.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="I.S."]Smudge, you do love a strawman don''t you?

Oh also, we won yesterday so I''m surprised to see you gracing us with your presence.[/quote]I was here throughout our winning run under Lambert until I was exterminated.  I even spoke out against those who doubted his credentials as a manager when he first arrived, as it was obvious to see that he would be a success from day one.  So I think that it is a myth to say that I hide when things are going well don''t you?  Just another of the many myths that have been posted willy nilly over the years on here.  There is proof there that the popular opinion was that a large number of posters thought that Marc Tierney was the best thing since sliced bread this time last year and I didn''t hear any of those who were being so critical of him now state otherwise.Too afraid to speak out on their own against a popular belief I suppose?Anyhow, great result yesterday and we now have the points total that I was asking for as a minimum requirement by the end of the month well ahead of schedule.  Still a lot to work on, but the last week or two has given us a great platform to build on between now and Christmas and a big WELL DONE to all of those concerned.  For me a major reason for the recent change in success has been Alex Tettey - no surprise to me as I have been asking for the inclusion of Tettey and Butterfield (when fit) from the very start of the season.[/quote]

I seem to have slipped into an alternate reality here, so can someone just tell me how many terms President Kennedy served in the 60s and when Elvis''s next comeback tour is scheduled ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Sussexyellow"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Excellent post [Y]  especially with your reference to ball playing defenders having an increased probability of making errors, as opposed to those who constantly hoof it up field.

Isn''t it interesting how some of those who clearly do not rate Marc Tierney now, were saying how good they thought Tierney was only a year ago?  Yet another case of people wishing to fit in with the latest popular opinion here.

Perhaps we should bring these boys back, as some of the posters on this thread thought that they were good enough to get us promoted to the Premier League prior to realising that we were actually going to get us relegated in 2008/09.

NCFC team V''s Charlton (away) - May 3rd 2009

Goalkeeper David Marshall

Midfielder Darel Russell

Midfielder Korey Smith

Midfielder Sammy Clingan

Midfielder Simon Lappin

Forward David Mooney

Forward Alan Lee

[/quote]

LOL

[/quote]

As they say, if the cap fits wear it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you sure on that?

Take a good look again.  That team has more than one player in it that you and the other football experts on here rated.

I remember you tipping them as at least a decent bet for the play-off''s that season too.

Oh dear, I wish I was as insightful as you.

[/quote]

I''d love you to find some of these quotes of mine and put them up for all to see. Your sole purpose on this thread seems to be to pick a fight. You have no opinions except on other posters. Your knowledge on football appears to be less than nil. You pick fights on here and yet when I bump in to you in person you look at the floor, shuffle your feet and giggle like Delia after a couple of sherrys.

If you read the following thread you will see what some posters opinions were about Tierney last season. And they weren''t what you made them up to be. Please don''t comment on the actual thread because it''s a decent conversation between posters who enjoy debating football.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2655022/ShowPost.aspx

Now I think you should come back here and apologise to the OP for trying to ruin his thread. I doubt you will though. You''re just a sad excuse for a poster on here and a sad excuse for a man off here.

To be fair Smudger is right on this occasion. I thought Tierney was very, very good last season, it''s only when I saw Garrido have a few games that I realised how much better he is. Tierney has been pretty substandard this season I remember him getting an absolutely torrid time in pre season (Ajax was it?) and I know he wasn''t the only one, but the game against Fulham was horrendous on his part, directly responsible for Duff''s first goal I believe...

So yes, Smudger might be right but there''s no need to be so obnoxious and surprisingly enough, people do change their minds.