Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Tettey

[quote user="Gareth"]Was I the only one who thought his first touch looked a little heavy? Despite that, great performance him and Johnson were energetic, strong and disciplined. I think that against teams that''ll look to dominate possession, Tettey and Johnson will be our first choice holders whilst against teams we want to beat (or think we can beat) Fox might come in for one of them. Our biggest problem today was that in the final 20 or so mins we were giving the ball away far too easily I feel that if Fox was in the side that wouldn''t have been as much of a problem. In summary, I''d like to see Fox in for one of them against certain teams and the Johnson/Tettey pairing should be used against the ''big'' teams.[/quote]100% agree with everything said here.  Thanks for that -  saved me having to type it myself.

I''m not sure that we''re comparing like for like here. Howson and Johnson have had a lot of playing time already this season, whereas this was Tettey''s second start, and first in the PL. I think his touch will improve as he plays more games and I also think he will score goals, something lacking from CMF previously. It''s his potential that is exciting for me, as an effective DMF who can also go forward effectively and score goals. He could make a huge difference this season.

[quote user="Yelloow Since 72"]I''m not sure that we''re comparing like for like here. Howson and Johnson have had a lot of playing time already this season, whereas this was Tettey''s second start, and first in the PL. I think his touch will improve as he plays more games and I also think he will score goals, something lacking from CMF previously. It''s his potential that is exciting for me, as an effective DMF who can also go forward effectively and score goals. He could make a huge difference this season.[/quote]That''s true Yelloow.  I''m not suggesting Tetty / Howson / Fox are similar players, as a matter of fact, Johnson is probably the closest match from last seasons'' squad.  Re; Tetty''s touch - I think he is lacking a little match fitness - which is to be expected - as I noticed his touch get heavier towards the end of the game.  I''m not convinved he has the best first touch in the squad anyway, but if he is as effective as he was on Saturday, you won''t hear me complaining :)The pleasing thing now is that when we need to shut up shop, and put in some tackles, we now have not 1, but 2 physically robust players in the centre of the park.  And whilst I rate both Howson and Fox as far better "Footballers" (in terms of their ability with the ball), we were continually getting over-run in midfield at the start of the season - the fact we couldn''t get close enough to pick up more than one booking is testament to that fact (yes, I know obtaining bookings isn''t a pre-requisite to winning football matches, but I believe it was symptomatic).However, I certainly hope Fox & Howson get plenty of game time when we are playing ''lesser'' teams, by which I mean the likes of anyone not expected to be in the Top 6 - 8 at the end of the season, as we will need their ability to retain possession to put the opposition under pressure.

Seems he can also play in goal :O

[img]http://photo.europe1.fr/sport/tettey-gardien-930-392105/7038155-1-fre-FR/Tettey-gardien-930.jpg[/img]

So that pretty gives him the whole package :D

Aw the picture isn''t showing up

Here''s the link I expect someone else can post it

http://photo.europe1.fr/sport/tettey-gardien-930-392105/7038155-1-fre-FR/Tettey-gardien-930.jpg

...can someone tell me how I can fix this

Using Firefox always works for me. [:)][img]http://photo.europe1.fr/sport/tettey-gardien-930-392105/7038155-1-fre-FR/Tettey-gardien-930.jpg

[/img]

Picture posting attempt number 2

[img]http://bubbles62681.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/hooray.png?w=400&h=400[/img]

Tettey has certainly hit the ground running. Yet another vibrant performance - he only seems to want to play one way - forwards!

A great acquisition on current evidence.

He had a great game and is become a key player for us. His willingness to carry the ball strongly forward into the heart of the opposition defense is opening up space for Wes whose performances are just getting better and better. The opposition know about Tettey`s ability to shoot from just outside the box and they are scared stiff of him, as the season progresses I think Wes will be finding himself even more space. What a great combination and credit must go to the manager for shape of the team and the style of play we are developing

Tettey, bassong and garrido are massive improvements on what we had last season. I hope in January we can get similar calibre to put others under pressure.

Tettey is looking that midfielder we have been waiting for since Francis left, he is the model midfielder that you should look for in the middle. I am a big fan and it shows the lacking that some of our central midfielders have.

Turner, Whittaker have experience and both can play mighty well. Snodgrass has the delivery and guile. Just wished he and pilky could have taken there chances over the last two weeks. Pilky should have scored yesterday. We need some goal scoring threat, we need to be showing that we will score more than one goal.

Can''t wait for the reading game

I`m really looking forward to that one smooth, a ground I have never been to, I imagine they will come and try to rip into us. Could be a great oppertunity for Pilks to rediscover some form and use his pace on the break, if he is picked of course. Hope Tettey has another great game and gets a screamer for us![<:o)]