Sign in to follow this  
kingsway

16465 crowd V's Spurs - very poor = Hopefully lesson learnt David Mcnally!

Well todays £25 for adult ticket prices for the Villa game announcement is a firm indication the stay aways from the other night have made David McN asty sit up and take notice!

£30 to watch to virtual 2nd string sides in a competition neither club would lose any sleep over and one that Norwich in recent years haven''t taken seriously was well overpriced!

Nothing wrong with voting with your feet if you are not happy, the club is its supporters and they have been listened to.

No they haven''t. The season ticket holders have been listened to. The casual fans are still paying £45/£55 for Stoke tomorrow. I hope all the casual fans who paid £30 for Spurs will get a Villa ticket before the feet voters...

£30...this is a disgrace, no way I''m paying that much, you''ve got to be joking............................£25 you say?...oh go on then?!?!?!?.....is that how this works?

only some of us will be able to lay claim to the fact that we were there for every round en route to winning the final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

No they haven''t. The season ticket holders have been listened to. The casual fans are still paying £45/£55 for Stoke tomorrow. I hope all the casual fans who paid £30 for Spurs will get a Villa ticket before the feet voters...

[/quote]

A reduction from £30 to £25 is cheaper for everybody. Whats the problem with that?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

£30...this is a disgrace, no way I''m paying that much, you''ve got to be joking............................£25 you say?...oh go on then?!?!?!?.....is that how this works?

only some of us will be able to lay claim to the fact that we were there for every round en route to winning the final !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Well done!

[/quote]

It`s not only the season ticket holders that stayed away, the support as a whole was poor. 

[quote user="Crabby"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

A reduction from £30 to £25 is cheaper for everybody. Whats the problem with that?
[/quote]

The problem will be if the ST holders who voted with their feet suddenly take their seats this time leaving the casual fans with a £30 stub from the spurs game to comfort them while they watch it on the wireless.

[/quote]

It`s not only the season ticket holders that stayed away, the support as a whole was poor. 

[quote user="Crabby"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I reckon there were at least 3 times as many casuals as were at the Arsenal game and probably a lot more than that.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Crabby"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

It`s not only the season ticket holders that stayed away, the support as a whole was poor.  [/quote]

Well I reckon there were at least 3 times as many casuals as were at the Arsenal game and probably a lot more than that.

How do you know that? You may be right but thats a big assumption.

[/quote]

I don''t know it Crabby. That''s why I said I reckon. If I''m wrong then the club will never expand the stadium. And also, if I''m wrong then nobody would miss out if a Spurs stub guaranteed a Villa ticket.

It would certainly be the ST holders voting with their feet though because the cheapest casual ticket for Stoke is £45. £30 for Spurs was a bargain for the casuals.

It certainly gives an insight into the idea that demand for tickets is insatiable and there is an urgent need to expand the ground.  The local economy is not that great and certainly at the moment we would struggle to fill a bigger ground i recon! 

Currently there are around 300 seats unsold for tomorrow. Perhaps the witless could tell us all what would attract the other 8000 or so fans once this new stand is built. Lower prices, maybe ?

Only flaw with that is that you would have to lower the prices across the board, which would further add to the subsidy needed.

The one point the not too bright seem unable to grasp is that the club can build in whatever relegation clauses it wishes into the players contracts but it cannot build the same clauses into loan repayments on the new stand. We may well be able to subsidise the ''glory hunters'' when we are in the Premier League but it will be a very unwelcome and heavy drain on our resources were we to find ourselves in the Championship.

If they won''t pay £40/50 a ticket in the Premier, I''ve got a smeaky feeling they certainly won''t pay it in the Championship.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="Webbo118"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="kingsway"]

Yes, 16465 against one of Englands biggest clubs, about our most local club in the Premeirship was not good and a firm indication that Mcnasty got the prices very wrong however much the few may argue otherwise. Many fans including myself voted with their feet because £30 adult admission price to watch two virtual 2nd string teams play in a cup competition neither club really cares about whether they go through or not was very overpriced!

£20 for adults would of seen a near sell out and a better atmosphere!

Anyway fair play to Mcnasty for admitting he got the pricing wrong on Radio Norfolk last night!

For Villa I would be happy to pay £25 for adults which I feel would attract a near sell out!

Please note David Mcnally!

[/quote]

In very simple terms;

16,465 X £30 = £493,950

Near sell out @ £20 per ticket = 26,000 x £20 = £520,000

Diff = £26,050 ( lost revenue)

Relatively speaking 26k is not alot of money, so I fail to see how finacially Mcnally got it wrong. Thats also assumming £20 a ticket would have attracted a near sell out, personally I still think we would have struggled to get more then 20,000 in which financially makes £30 a ticket the correct decision. Hiking the ticket prices maybe moraly wrong, but Mcnally makes money, and last night I think he got it right.

I''m aware there are other factors that come into play such as more merchandise sales with larger crowds etc etc. but do people honestly believe we could have sold out last night? I don''t.

[/quote]

You really are priceless. You think he got it right even though he admits he got it wrong.

[/quote] Read his tweet, we made more in revenue last night with £30 tickets then we would have done with a sell out at £20 a ticket. Basically backing up my statement. So doesn''t really sound like he got it wrong does it? And anyhow he''s unlikely to come out and provocatively state his right and the fans are wrong is he? Numpty.[/quote]

It''s £25 for the Aston Villa tie then. Any comments on that Numpty?

Spot on City1st. The casuals are voting with their feet tomorrow. They probably chose to go last Wednesday instead. £30 for that seems much fairer than £55 for Stoke! Us season ticket holders are spoiled. With the interest free DDs our month''s football is cheaper than the Stoke game for the casuals.

£55 for a ticket against Stoke is asking a lot, will be interesting to actually see how many empty seats there are and what the final attendance figures come out at. Might be a lot will get sold today?  

I''m going to bite on this debate - at the risk of accusations of fair weather fan.  I could not have gone to the Spurs game - but  I could have come to the Stoke game today.   The main problem?  Cost.

The casual supporter - or super member or whatever you want to call them - can usually go to certain games through cost.    Even if I lived back in Norwich - if I couldn''t get a season ticket, I would be paying perhaps £45  a game.   If I went to all home games that would cost me in the region of £850 for  the season just for tickets.

So whether you are a casual supporter who lives close or far away you have to choose your games.   I managed to get to 15 games last season, home and away.    As far as games at Carrow Rd are concerned - I went to the Stoke game  last season - cost £45 for the ticket.   It was an interesting game because it was early in our premiership experience.      This season - the premiership novelty has worn off and Stoke no longer seems a big enough deal (plus the A grading!) to warrant spending the travel money  (for me £120) + the £50 ticket.     If I lived closer,  say 100 miles - it would still be costing £30-£40 on travel on top of the ticket, not so much, but still around £100 to watch a match.  

I will still get to around 15 games this season - but I think what season ticket holders have is something precious - they have their cheap ticket and guarranteed seat at every league match.   The rest of us - who are classed as casual -  pay a lot more on average to see one match than your average season ticket holder.    I am aware that there will be season ticket holders who travel 100 or more miles each week to see the club,  but on the whole the scenario is true  - season ticket holder means cheaper football than casual ticket buyer.    I''m not saying that is wrong, far from it, all I am saying is that  the demand for casual tickets will never be so great  that it will warrant building a lot of new seats.   Certainly not at the moment. 

If the club built in 4000 new seats - imo most of those would have to go to new season ticket holders - and the question I suppose then is - how many more prospective season ticket holders are out there?  

Spot on City1st. The casuals are voting with their feet tomorrow. They probably chose to go last Wednesday instead. £30 for that seems much fairer than £55 for Stoke! Us season ticket holders are spoiled. With the interest free DDs our month''s football is cheaper than the Stoke game for the casuals.

[/quote]

Is your needle stuck

Good post ldc[Y]

I''m in a similar boat.200 mile round trip adds a lot on top of the ticket price.Plus all the other costs means football has become a luxury i simply can not afford.I am now officially an armchair fan.

[quote user="lake district canary"]I''m going to bite on this debate - at the risk of accusations of fair weather fan.  I could not have gone to the Spurs game - but  I could have come to the Stoke game today.   The main problem?  Cost.

The casual supporter - or super member or whatever you want to call them - can usually go to certain games through cost.    Even if I lived back in Norwich - if I couldn''t get a season ticket, I would be paying perhaps £45  a game.   If I went to all home games that would cost me in the region of £850 for  the season just for tickets.

So whether you are a casual supporter who lives close or far away you have to choose your games.   I managed to get to 15 games last season, home and away.    As far as games at Carrow Rd are concerned - I went to the Stoke game  last season - cost £45 for the ticket.   It was an interesting game because it was early in our premiership experience.      This season - the premiership novelty has worn off and Stoke no longer seems a big enough deal (plus the A grading!) to warrant spending the travel money  (for me £120) + the £50 ticket.     If I lived closer,  say 100 miles - it would still be costing £30-£40 on travel on top of the ticket, not so much, but still around £100 to watch a match.  

I will still get to around 15 games this season - but I think what season ticket holders have is something precious - they have their cheap ticket and guarranteed seat at every league match.   The rest of us - who are classed as casual -  pay a lot more on average to see one match than your average season ticket holder.    I am aware that there will be season ticket holders who travel 100 or more miles each week to see the club,  but on the whole the scenario is true  - season ticket holder means cheaper football than casual ticket buyer.    I''m not saying that is wrong, far from it, all I am saying is that  the demand for casual tickets will never be so great  that it will warrant building a lot of new seats.   Certainly not at the moment. 

If the club built in 4000 new seats - imo most of those would have to go to new season ticket holders - and the question I suppose then is - how many more prospective season ticket holders are out there?  

[/quote]

Dear LDC

Can I suggest that you might like to go and see the mighty Ebbsfleet dump Carlisle out of the Cup?

Its a good post LDC and I''m in a similar boat, 500+ mile round trip to watch city if I''m not working.

I''d suspect the same is true of casual fans who live in Norwich though, at 50 pounds a ticket to watch a game, you want to save your chance to watch a better side than stoke.

"Currently there are around 300 seats unsold for tomorrow. Perhaps the witless could tell us all what would attract the other 8000 or so fans once this new stand is built. Lower prices, maybe ?"

To be fair City1st, those tickets are either right at the back of the top stands, or impaired or obstructed view (for 45 pounds, against stoke, considered it myself, decided against it - naughty bad supporter / other priorities in life).

You are right that it is a numbers game though, and the club may be better off sticking with what it has and raising prices to keep just under full houses as you''ve said. Certainly, spending an extra 20 million just to make ticket prices cheaper for more people doesn''t make economic sense in terms of tickets - and McNally from his comments this week seems to suggest that tickets make up the bulk of money in.

I think when a game becomes more expensive than a days wages (after tax), then casual supporters are turned off the idea. Just a hunch though.

GJL - it may seem high but it''s much cheaper than a Premier League game which always sees an attendance of 26,000

Mid week evening games are always going to be difficult with many fans living a long way from Carrow Road and others who have jobs which mean a very early start next morning. Last week you can add to this the thousands of families away for half term week.

Yep there''s just over a 100 seats left for today, most are in terrible positions, about 25% are resticted/obstructed view and there are only 3 places available in the ground to sit with someone else. Boo those of us who didn''t want to spend 50 quid to watch Stoke, not sitting with our mates in restricted view seats....

Or to make an analogy, I went to watch Skyfall the night it came out. The cinema was heaving, tickets were very expensive and you couldn''t book seats so me and the wife turned up half an hour early to beat the rush so we could sit together. When the film finally started, you wouldn''t believe it, there was about a dozen single seats on their own in good viewing positions no one was sitting in! also the really crappy ones on the first row where you have to crane your neck to see were also empty.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe it wasn''t that busy and there wasn''t huge demands to see the film. Or maybe the people who came late and realised the screen was already nearly full didn''t fancy paying to sit on there own with crap views for the same price as everybody else.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

Dear LDC

Can I suggest that you might like to go and see the mighty Ebbsfleet dump Carlisle out of the Cup?

[/quote]

Dear Lord Horn,

No, I''ll be glued to my laptop come 3.00.

I went to Carlisle once to see what it was like - I haven''t been back in the eight years I''ve been up here.  The Carlisle fans appeared to have only one chant - sounds like "gwarn".   Must mean something.......

[quote user="city4eva"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Is your needle stuck

[/quote]

Have you anything vaguely interesting to add? I would get bored having a battle of wits with an unarmed man..

Back to the thread, it is a good post from Lakey. As some of you will have found out there really aren''t many casual tickets available for league games at Carrow Road. If you want to sit with mates it''s even more difficult. I''ve never done the sums, perhaps someone would do it for me? 22,000 season ticket holders and 2,600 away fans (if they take their full allocation) How many does that leave? I should think it''s a certainty that more casual fans went to the Spurs game were available for today.

As a season ticket holder I feel priveleged not to have any worries about getting to see any game but the the I''m alright jack attitude over these cup games doesn''t sit right with me. IMO those who paid £30 for Spurs should get first refusal for that seat against Villa no question.