Sign in to follow this  
Salopian

Pencil in Shackle but...

Shackle should have a run of games, and will improve. He has not been part of the shell-shocked quartet there previously, and has less fear. He was at fault for one goal on Monday, certainly, but he was left exposed. Was it his presence that meant we conceded only two goals apart from the rather flukey third? Two is less than average recently.

But who should play alongside him in the centre? Our best central defender has been Charlton, but if he plays with Shackle we shall have two left sided (footed) central defenders. It may be worth the trial. When he has returned perhaps Helweg? Charlton and Helweg are experienced at this level, and perhaps could guide Shackle and provide the leadership that is lacking.

I think that Flem should have a rest, even if he is captain. We did this for Drury and he has fought his way back to have one of his best premiership performances on Monday. Perhaps Eddy should have a brief rest after a match or two. He seems to struggle at times.

Time is running out, and chopping and changing is not a good thing, but when you are giving three goals away each match.....

As things stand, you would not bet against our defence conceding a hatful of goals back in the championship. We need to find our best combination. It''s a mark against Worthy that it has taken him so long to try to do anything about the weakness in the defence.

Does it not all point to the Doc?? Maybe Charlton, but god knows why Worthy dropped Doc instead of Fleming

Archie i agree, fleming has been the main problem, although i dont know why as Mr. Dependable rarely makes a mistake. He hasnt missed a minute of the past 2 seasons, seeing us up a league and now in it.

Maybe swapping Flem with Doc may solve a few problems, only experimenting can tell.....

Also, i thought drury played a good game last week, keep him on...