Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Reading Predictions

Reading players have got a lot to say for themselves before their match against us it seems.

They fancy getting their first win and their first clean sheet and this from a side that throws away leads and doesn''t do second halves.

I wonder why they have it in their heads they can take us so lightly?

Norwich, on the other hand, are keeping their counsel. Hughton talks about getting into positions to win penalties and might be pushing his players to be more positive running at the opposition.

Really interesting match this. We must not ignite their season, it is in our hands not to do so and while I hope to see us approach the game tight but positive I''d consider a draw a good result.

The Reading attitude is likely to take them one of two ways; either they will score plenty of goals or else run into a brick wall and find themselves on the end of a Premier League professional job. Under Lambert this might have been a 4 - 4 but if we play as we have been of late under Hughton it is likely to be 1 - 1 or as many as Norwich can muster for a change.

Norwich are on a run, which in the EPL means picking up a point or points every match. This is a game to continue a run and convince us we are a solid unit which had three slip ups that can be put out of mind. The last three games recovered our season, this match could consolidate or even launch it.

Reading 1-4 Norwich

Reading are still waiting for their first win back in the Premier League as they were destroyed by an in form Norwich side who grab their first away win of the season. Reading took the lead in the first half when Jason Roberts was adjudged to be brought down in the area by Sebastian Basssong, Roberts converted the penalty to give Reading a deserved lead. Norwich took control soon after this and got a deserved equaliser through Grant Holt as Robert Snodgrass was brought down in the area. In the second half the Canaries took control and took the lead through a fine Robert Snodgrass strike from just outside the area. Norwich didn''t holt back and added further goals late on from Bradley Johnson and sub Simeon Jackson. The Canaries have extended their unbeaten run to 4 games, while Reading are still without a win.

1-0 defeat :-(

us only scoring 3 away goals all season so far is a big concern... 

is it a concern?

with the exception of fulham, look at our away opposition;

Spurs, Newcastle, Chelsea, Villa.

and Villa ''parked the bus'' as it were to make matters worse.

I fully expect a win with Reading taking us so lightly. 0-2 or 1-3 for us.

2-2 but we must watch Hunt and Roberts very closely or they will tear us apart first half as they did Arsenal.  

[quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]is it a concern?

I fully expect a win with Reading taking us so lightly. 0-2 or 1-3 for us.[/quote]

What s/he said ...

[quote user="Man Who Stares At Goats"][quote user="Across The Pond Yellow"]is it a concern?

I fully expect a win with Reading taking us so lightly. 0-2 or 1-3 for us.[/quote]

What s/he said ... [/quote]

Fingers crossed you are right. logically I can see all three outcomes as possible, but my gut feel negative today that''s all

[quote user="dpit"]Will probably start on the latest Hilary Mantel this weekend.[/quote]

Lol. The only author I have ever not finished a book once started, too wordy and slow for me and I enjoy historical fiction!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="dpit"]Will probably start on the latest Hilary Mantel this weekend.[/quote]

Lol. The only author I have ever not finished a book once started, too wordy and slow for me and I enjoy historical fiction![/quote]

Ditto, I''m glad somebody else agrees. I was most disappointed and couldn''t be bothered to finish it. I just didn''t like the style at all.

I believe they may need this more, but I feel they will be desperate and hence if we can make the crowd quiet and actually get that early goal the better.

I remember the arrogance that many had before the Blackburn game last season on this board. I think this is a critical game for us, we can begin to stretch away from the teams at the bottom and this is the match where it can happen. We know what it feels to wait for that first prem win, let''s hope reading have a longer wait.

I want to say 2-0 to our boys could be hanging on at the end, we just don''t control games that we are winning. I hope we can tomorrow.

Anything less than a draw would be terrible for us, and them too I suppose (even though, we should be favourites to win.)

I''d love this game to be where we break our duck of score more than 2 goals while winning, and an away clean sheet.

however, I feel that is too much to ask for. lol.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="dpit"]Will probably start on the latest Hilary Mantel this weekend.[/quote] Lol. The only author I have ever not finished a book once started, too wordy and slow for me and I enjoy historical fiction![/quote]

Ditto, I''m glad somebody else agrees. I was most disappointed and couldn''t be bothered to finish it. I just didn''t like the style at all.

[/quote]

Here''s another one.Got halfway through and really couldn''t be bothered.Gimme Shardlake!

Anyway going for a high scoring draw.I know we should beat,but this reminds me of Blackburn last season.

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"][quote user="dpit"]Will probably start on the latest Hilary Mantel this weekend.[/quote] Lol. The only author I have ever not finished a book once started, too wordy and slow for me and I enjoy historical fiction![/quote]

[/quote]

Here''s another one.Got halfway through and really couldn''t be bothered.Gimme Shardlake!

Anyway going for a high scoring draw.I know we should beat,but this reminds me of Blackburn last season.

[/quote]

A place of greater safety was my nemesis!! Love shardlake though

I don''t see this game as that important for Us. All the pressure is on them, I won''t be disappointed if we lose as long as we play well. It''s an opportunity for us but not a must win

I don''t feel confident though and will be delighted with any draw