Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

Reading v Norwich match thread

On another note, if Reading stay up it''ll be a huge achievement for them.

We haven''t been in this game at all, the amount of FKs in decent positions, corners, counter attacks they have had. And nothing. If they can''t score against us after 40 mins of pressure then how are they going to win enough games to stay up?

this is dire, someone needs to put a foot on the ball at the back and be a bit sensible about it instead of just smashing it 50 yards straight back to reading

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Thats the 3068th FK Holt has given away now.[/quote]

I very much doubt that as Holt would have been sent off for persistant fouling!

What''s happened to our passing? Too many hopeful long balls being pumped forward and coming straight back.

Well, defensively we''ve looked incredibly solid, limiting Reading to long-passes and crosses in their attacks in order to get any penetration.
Need to keep the ball better though, playing a long-pass occasionally is understandable, but at the minute we''re completely bypassing Hoolahan and Holt''s getting increasingly frustrated at just being asked to challenge high passes. 

Well that was as unispiring a half of football as I have ever seen, thank christ it wasnt a home game !I would have had to have taken a flask of tea or gone on a bovril run by now !!

Poor first half. Garrido''s passing, well, the whole teams, has been pretty shocking. Defenders are indecisive. We look poor. But thankfully we are only playing Reading and not someone else.

Very poor from us! I can only hope the plan is to hold on for 70 minutes to wear them out and demoralise them then bring on some pace and kill them off towards the end otherwise this has been a shocking performance! ...Also Reading, what a bunch of cheating bast*rds!

If the horse is still worked up we may have to sub him.... one up front probably needs to be Jacko but we really don''t look like we will score... and we may be lucky enough to stop them but we''ve ridden our luck a couple of times

In fact I suggest we bring back Wilbraham immediately.

I doubt any officials or other teams know what Morison looks like, so just give Wilbrahamovic his shirt and get him on.

oz I was thinking the same IE subbing holt, but Jackson isn''t the one to use for the one up top. if Holt comes off it will have to be the unpopular choice of Morison off...

or holt + BJ off for Moro + Jackson and move to a 4-4-2, match them man for man across the pitch.

very poor moving forward, with the exception of 1-2 slip ups that were then handled correctly, the defending has been outstanding.

I think/pray the second half will be better, hughton didn''t look at all happy after the whistle.

Reading seem to go down very easily, expect a yellow card for diving once they get carried away.

[quote user="technika"]this is dire, someone needs to put a foot on the ball at the back and be a bit sensible about it instead of just smashing it 50 yards straight back to reading[/quote]Bassong tried that twice in the first half, and nearly got caught out twice. Safety first.