Sign in to follow this  
Twitchy

Reading v Norwich match thread

Good, seems we''ve found a system to play to our strengths.  Looking forward to this one, I think we can grind out at least a point if we get through the first 30 minutes without conceding.

we''re unchanged from stoke

reading fans top keeper Mccarthy confirmed out, good sign.

CITY: Ruddy; Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido; Johnson, Tettey, Pilkington, Snodgrass; Hoolahan; Holt (c)

SUBS: Bunn, Howson, Jackson, Morison, E. Bennett, Tierney, R. Bennett

READING: Federici, Gunter, Shorey, Leigertwood, Hunt, McAnuff (c), McCleary, Morrison, Tabb, Gorkss, Roberts

SUBS: Taylor, Mariappa, Pogrebnyak, Le Fondre, Kebe, Robson-Kanu, Cummings

I can''t see them acting at all when he have Tettey and Johnson helping out the defence and Turner and Basig both on form.

Even more confident seeing Pogrebnyak on the bench, don''t think Roberts will cause too many problems (hopefully not famous last words there!)
At 3:1 odds for this game worth a big bet too i would say 

I''ve been really looking forward to this, such an important game and there aren''t any fu*king links...

[quote user="Oli"]I''ve been really looking forward to this, such an important game and there aren''t any fu*king links...[/quote]Look harder ;)Reading are looking good so far tbh... Bassong doing his job though.

[quote user="Oli"]I''ve been really looking forward to this, such an important game and there aren''t any fu*king links...[/quote]Just PMed you Oli.

Snoddy you lucky lad, could well have seen a Red for that with a different ref.Reading are pretty good at "simulation though" at least 3 of them must have gun shot wounds already considering how they have gone down.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Snoddy you lucky lad, could well have seen a Red for that with a different ref.Reading are pretty good at "simulation though" at least 3 of them must have gun shot wounds already considering how they have gone down.[/quote]
Whilst a red would''ve been harsh, you shouldn''t give the referee a choice to make in that situation.

The longer it stays nil nil, the more Reading will start to get panicky that they''re not winning this ''banker''.

not that bad at the back, organised but thats about it, the problem is just sitting and letting reading come at the defence like they are Barcelona is only going to end badly, especially if they are going to insist on just hoofing it straight back to them every fkin time

win the ball - hoof - watch on in amazement as Reading come straight back at them - repeat

It''s a rather uninspiring game of football, scrappy, but Reading are playing the ball around better than us but not really having much joy against our defense

I think our plan is let Reading attack for 45 mins, make sure the ball doesn''t go in the net. Let Holt give away 73 fouls per minute. And then score 5 in the second half.

I thought Stoke were actually playing like Stoke... Pumping the ball into the box at every given opportunity.

And we have always used the long ball, fairly regularly.