Sign in to follow this  
no1canary

Poor Mr. McKenzie

You can''t help feel sorry for poor old Leon. Makes a dream debut at Ipswich, score 4 in 5 games but now can''t get in the team. And next week there is no reason why the team will be changed so it will probably be his 4th game on the bench. We all know 4-4-2 has been the best formation for us so thats not going to change. Huckerby is gonna start every match with a big man along side him (Roberts/Svensson) so were is Mckenzie going to fit into all of this. The only way he will start would be if Hucks got injured or played in a different position. The last two games when Mckenzie and Huckerby both started was when we lost to Bradford and drew at Rotherham. It looks like to me that its one or the other.
What do the rest of the world think?

He will get his chance. There are bound to be injuries and suspensions before the end of the season and the secret to success is having a large squad who can fill in when needed and keep the run going and on his past record I think MacKenzie can. He will just have to be patient.

Time to start Svensson i think. I gather he wasn''t too special at Coventry but he''s regaining fitness and Iwan is going off the boil again. He does best when bought back to the fold after a break and Worthy needs to keep the from me fresh and on their toes.
Also, re Leon, I gather Hucks is one yellow from suspension this month so if he picks one up in the next two games (quite likely) Leon will get his chance. Plus, the games he has been on the bench have been relatively straight forward - taking leads, clean sheets, solid displays - there hasn''t been any need to use him. I reckon he could well be needed in the next four or five games as a super sub for the last twenty or so should we find ourselves trailing.

Time to start Svensson i think. I gather he wasn''t too special at Coventry but he''s regaining fitness and Iwan is going off the boil again. He does best when bought back to the fold after a break and Worthy needs to keep the front men fresh and on their toes.
Also, re Leon, I gather Hucks is one yellow from suspension this month so if he picks one up in the next two games (quite likely) Leon will get his chance. Plus, the games he has been on the bench have been relatively straight forward - taking leads, clean sheets, solid displays - there hasn''t been any need to use him. I reckon he could well be needed in the next four or five games as a super sub for the last twenty or so should we find ourselves trailing.

Totally agree with you James how can we play hucks with Mckenzie

I have never seen hucks head the ball once and Mckenzie is not exactly a target man

I think him not playing will make him hungry. Although I hate to see players being brought on in the last few minutes of the game as a time waste, I find it insulting to the player.

Olster, I don''t think James said that Hux and Leon can''t play together I think he meant that NW will probably stick to a winning team. In answer to you the question, how can we play Hux with Leon? I think the answer is quite simple, play a shorter passing game, stop the centre backs hoofing the ball upfield and play through the opposition. Hux and Leon are both capable of going past defenders, you just have to play to their strengths and not ask them to beat a 6ft 4" defender in the air for 90 minutes. Brazil won a world cup with 2 small strikers, I know our strikers are not quite in the same class as Bebeto and Romario but it doesn''t always have to be bigman, littleman.

Yeah agree with you in a way saint but look at bradford game? in our curent setup either hucks plays or Mckenzie plays end of story unless we play hucks left wing and Mckenzie plays up front with either roberts or svensson I don''t think with Mulryne out of the side we have got the range of passing that would suit a huckerby/mckenzie partnership

people on here have been saying give Svensson a start but as the EDP only gave him a 5/10 then does worthy think he''s earn his place 4 our biggest game of the season so far?