Sign in to follow this  
Tangible Fixed Assets anyone?

Blocks J and K of the Jarrold stand re the City v Villa League Cup Q/F

This may alerady have been asked/answered, i scanned the thread and didn''t see it though

While the seats have to be made available under Cup rules Villa do not have to take them all do they?  They must be interested in high gate receipts for the income they get for it, so while i can belive a North London Club will send a large away following to Norwich on a mid week i am not so sure about a Midlands one

Has the club said to these ST holders they will get an option made available, say 48hr window, should Villa decline all the seats offered

[quote user="Ankles"]

This may alerady have been asked/answered, i scanned the thread and didn''t see it though

While the seats have to be made available under Cup rules Villa do not have to take them all do they?  They must be interested in high gate receipts for the income they get for it, so while i can belive a North London Club will send a large away following to Norwich on a mid week i am not so sure about a Midlands one

Has the club said to these ST holders they will get an option made available, say 48hr window, should Villa decline all the seats offered

[/quote]There was no mention of this on the letter we all received at the game on Saturday.  My assumption is that Villa have asked for a big allocation, we''ve given it to them, they''ve paid for the seats and if they don''t sell the tickets the area will be empty (with no financial loss to NCFC).

I''m pretty sure they have a deadline to return unsold quantities that could be re-sold by home club, i''m going to say 14days before date of fixture, so while Villa may be holding the option for now there could be more seats available

I wasn''t told or given anything in writing regarding terms and conditions relating to cup matches when I bought my season ticket in the Jarrold stand when it opened back in 2003-04. The rest of you can pontificate as much as you like but you were not there when I bought that season ticket. Sure T&C.''s may well have changed since then.

Now back to the point I was making, in order to be fair the club could rotate those fans (who sit / stand next to the away fans) who have to move for cup games. Next cup game it can be those who sit at the Jarrold stand end of the Lower Barclay who have to move. 

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Did not Spurs spill over into J and K last week which if they did begs the question where was our Tangible?[/quote]

I''m more annoyed that I''ve lost my view of the match (and it has gone to an away fan) because as far as I''m concerned it''s the best view in the stadium.
[/quote]

I agree.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Now back to the point I was making, in order to be fair the club could rotate those fans (who sit / stand next to the away fans) who have to move for cup games. Next cup game it can be those who sit at the Jarrold stand end of the Lower Barclay who have to move. 

[/quote]

So home and away fans cand share the same turnstiles and exits,tiolet and refreshment facilities ?

I would think the Club,Police and those who issue the safety certificate will be giving you a call Tangible to see if you have any other obvious solutions further cup games.

I wasn''t told or given anything in writing regarding terms and conditions relating to cup matches when I bought my season ticket in the Jarrold stand when it opened back in 2003-04. The rest of you can pontificate as much as you like but you were not there when I bought that season ticket. Sure T&C.''s may well have changed since then. 

[/quote]

Looks like you are a lone voice on this one Tangible as others did know or used common sense.As for the terms and conditions i knew what they said and i am surprised you did not.No exams needed for that knowledge.

Till is right on this one!

The Barclay lower wasn''t designed to accomodate home and away fans. Theres no segregation for the seats, turnstiles or any of the facilities underneath!

The Jarold stand was designed to accomodate home and away fans with segregation for all the above facilities!

Basicly Tangible fixed assets - your talking ballocks!

haven''t read the whole thread but the number of posts suggest that this is controversial. It''s clear that only the Jarrold can house away fans, and I''m one of the ST holders who has to move. Not in the least bit bothered; I usually take the opportunity to try another part of the stadium for Cup games.; going in the Castle Lounge of the City Stand for Villa, and had a great time two rows behind the home dugout, for the Spurs game. Not such a good view but could hear Hughton''s constant directions and encouragement to the team; which surprised me. He always looks composed and quiet from the Jarrold.

Didn''t some fans also get a bit upset and had a ''blub'' on here, when the dug-outs were increased in size......and they had to re-locate away from their usual seats?

Being kicked out of the Barclay to accomodate Man Utd fans. Having seats moved because of the fire. Having seats moved for the dugouts and having seats moved to fit in a larger away accomodation. (I believe this also happened to inhabitants of the old south stand for the Chelsea cup tie in 2002)

Has anybody ever achieved a hat-trick? Or even been unlucky on all occasions?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]Didn''t some fans also get a bit upset and had a ''blub'' on here, when the dug-outs were increased in size......and they had to re-locate away from their usual seats?[/quote]

Blubber Tilson. Pathetic, a grown man crying. Lol!

[/quote]

I think your post Tangible comes under your Vacuus umbrella that you are so fond of using.

Anyway Mello the 14 of us who were told to move 3 dqys before the season started having already had our money taken for the seats that we had to vacate hardly comes into this scenario that Tangible is fighting a losing battle over.Anyway i seem to recall someone having a "blub" over having to pay more money for a padded seat,flat screen TV and extra biscuits.[;)]

Whether there was any reference to moving supporters from Blocks J & K when the Jarrold Stand first opened is largely irrelevant, as it''s been in the T&C''s for a number of seasons since. As a season ticket holder in Block K, I''ve been aware of it when I moved there and I''ve renewed several times since on the basis that I would almost certainly have to be relocated if an away team took their maximum entitlement.

If Tangie is really pleading ignorance (rather than on a piss take) of the rule from "Day 1", frankly, it beggars belief that he hasn''t applied a bit of common sense, or taken the trouble to read the T&C''s since and realised that this was going to happen sooner or later when NCFC actually had a decent cup run!

As to his alternative suggestion of relocating either the Barclay or River End fans for a change, firstly, this has never been suggested by the Club as an alternative and, secodnly, can you imagine the uproar from fans in those areas if the Club decided to go down this route retrospectively without prior notice?  Mind you, if this ever did happen, no doubt our Club Chairman would get a warm glow of satisfaction from such a move, knowing that the "Special One" who has been alllowed a personal glimse of our CEO''s confidential contract of employment his happy! 

[quote user="GMF"]

Whether there was any reference to moving supporters from Blocks J & K when the Jarrold Stand first opened is largely irrelevant, as it''s been in the T&C''s for a number of seasons since. As a season ticket holder in Block K, I''ve been aware of it when I moved there and I''ve renewed several times since on the basis that I would almost certainly have to be relocated if an away team took their maximum entitlement.

If Tangie is really pleading ignorance (rather than on a piss take) of the rule from "Day 1", frankly, it beggars belief that he hasn''t applied a bit of common sense, or taken the trouble to read the T&C''s since and realised that this was going to happen sooner or later when NCFC actually had a decent cup run!

As to his alternative suggestion of relocating either the Barclay or River End fans for a change, firstly, this has never been suggested by the Club as an alternative and, secodnly, can you imagine the uproar from fans in those areas if the Club decided to go down this route retrospectively without prior notice?  Mind you, if this ever did happen, no doubt our Club Chairman would get a warm glow of satisfaction from such a move, knowing that the "Special One" who has been alllowed a personal glimse of our CEO''s confidential contract of employment his happy! 

[/quote]

They couldn''t - it''s not in the terms and conditions.

Absolutely spot on, Webbo118, which is why Tangie''s suggestion lacks credibilty!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Did not Spurs spill over into J and K last week which if they did begs the question where was our Tangible?[/quote]I''m more annoyed that I''ve lost my view of the match (and it has gone to an away fan) because as far as I''m concerned it''s the best view in the stadium.[/quote]

I agree.

[/quote]Had we been drawn to play at Villa Park presumably some of their season ticket holders would''ve been turfed out of their seats. I expect some of those would say they''ve lost '' the best view in the stadium '' too. As it is Norwich hardly ever feature in a big Cup match so does it really matter ? Just as well we don''t support one of  '' The Big Six ''. With the number of Cup games they play their fans must need sat nav to find all the different seats they end up occupying.

This is actually a clever move by McNally. We might only sell the same number of tickets as Spurs again and so McN has created a demand while at the same time avoiding another loss of atmosphere.

Firstly, work on a full allocation to Villa and give a window of opportunity to affected ST holders to re-locate ahead of general sale. That''s the City Stand taken care of.

The knock on effect is an inability for Barclay and River Rnd ST holders to move this keeping the singers and the whingers in their usual abodes.

Finally, announce Villa, who like us have lots of games at this time of year so their fans can only spend so much around Xmas, have only taken up part of their allocation and put the previously affected home area on general sale.

Simples.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This is actually a clever move by McNally. We might only sell the same number of tickets as Spurs again and so McN has created a demand while at the same time avoiding another loss of atmosphere. Firstly, work on a full allocation to Villa and give a window of opportunity to affected ST holders to re-locate ahead of general sale. That''s the City Stand taken care of. The knock on effect is an inability for Barclay and River Rnd ST holders to move this keeping the singers and the whingers in their usual abodes. Finally, announce Villa, who like us have lots of games at this time of year so their fans can only spend so much around Xmas, have only taken up part of their allocation and put the previously affected home area on general sale. Simples.[/quote]

Villa took 3,000 to Swindon in the last round and looking on their website it appears there are several priority groups before tickets go on general sale so 4.100 looks likely.

[quote user="GMF"]

(rather than on a piss take)

[/quote]

Are you a detective?

Well done at realising I was pulling the chain!

On a serious note the upper Barclay has been used for away fans in the past.

Furthermore the design of the Jarrold stand is such that the part of the concourse related to J block can be incorporated into the away section as a shutter can be pulled down between the part of the concourse servicing J block and the open concourse. However the open concourse services K block and runs underneath the Jarrold strand (towards the N&P stand end) and the Community stand.

Not sure how relevant this is, but I chose my season ticket seat in the Jarrold about 5 years ago, when the River End became a family stand, and I was given the option to move. I decided very quickly that I wanted to, and almost all the J Block seats were available when I looked at where I''d like to transfer to. This seems to confirm that they were not previously season ticket seats. I half remember something about the possibility of having to give it up if we progressed in the Cup, but, in the days of Grant and Roeder, this seemed a remote possibility, and as I said in an earlier post, I quite like the idea of a move now and again. I think that we need to give the Club a bit of slack on this issue, and be pleased that the problem has arisen, and we have the prospect of, at least one, great cup game coming up.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

I expect some of those would say they''ve lost '' the best view in the stadium '' too. As it is Norwich hardly ever feature in a big Cup match so does it really matter ? [/quote]

Are you moving seat?

[/quote]Certainly am.As a '' Block K''er '' I''m on the displaced persons list but I quite like a different view from another stand sometimes. If you''re that keen to stay in the Jarrold and if you don''t mind staring out over no-mans land I suggest you hot foot it down to the Ticket Office and grab a seat in Block L pronto ......