Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Ruddy - England No 1...

Joe Hart seems to be going through a wobble, with the exception of that game against Dortmund(?) he has been increasingly erratic for me this season, culminating in a very soft goal again today.

In contrast Ruddy seems to gaining in stature and composure - increasingly confident and importantly consistent - his performances this season have been excellent if understated - def my pots so far..

Come next summer he could be no 1 pick.

probably he will nn, but in the meantime it would do no harm for the FCR faithful to sing out Ruddys praises more than he currently gets, his is currently the one true international standard player in our squad and that should be celebrated ;-)

starting in front of next weeks tv show..

Joe Hart is still the man in possession and quite rightly so for me. I think he is one of the genuine world class performers England have. The game you alluded to against Dortmund is evidence of that. He has made the odd error lately but what I like about him is that he won''t let effect him. He is a very strong character who has great belief in his ability. I would be amazed if he is not England''s undisputed number 1 for the next decade and wins over 100 caps. I think Ruddy is a fantastic Premiership goalkeeper and we are exceptionally fortunate to have him here. But he is not in that class for me.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]probably he will nn, but in the meantime it would do no harm for the FCR faithful to sing out Ruddys praises more than he currently gets, his is currently the one true international standard player in our squad and that should be celebrated ;-) starting in front of next weeks tv show..[/quote]

Agreed Zip. England''s Number One!

You''ll have to get it started and I''ll do my best to get the blanket dodgers to join in[;)]

Ruddy better watch out for young Frazer sneaking up the rankings.He got a lot of praise and exposure the other night.

I''d like to see Ruddy start and Forster get the second half. But this is England we''re talking about, so Roy will probably just lump Hart on for the full 90 [:(]

Either Ruddy or Forster should play in this game (or possibly both), no doubt that Hart is the No1 but what if he gets injured we have no one with any experience of international football to cover him.

Joe Hart has let in a few soft goals for club and country over the last 2 or 3 years but generally he gets away with it because so much praised has been heaped on him.

Obviously he is a very good goalkeepper because otherwise Man City would have replaced him but he''s not so good that his position can''t be challenged.

I can''t see any point in having a friendly international, unless you use it to try out some of your second string players in an international environment.So really, it has to be a half each for Ruddy and Forster, and just hope Ruddy doesn''t get injured [:(]

"holt_till_I_die"

this is all crap, i love ruddy i do. however hart is a world call goalkeeper and will be for many years, that is just the way it goes x

But I have heard this before ... It was said of Paul Robinson who would still be in goal for England now if people were right as he is only 33 and long before him Mervyn Day was tipped to be England keeper for a decade or more when in his late teens and early twenties, but he faded to become an average top flight keeper.

I am not saying this will happen to Hart, what I am saying is that football is a funny ole game!

This may be controversial, or even a bit silly, but Hart is definitely wobbling - and I think it because he likes himself too much.    He looks to me like he is a bit too self-conscious, almost as if he admires himself every time he does a fantastic save - you just have to look at the way he smiles after a great save.    I would prefer my goalkeeper to be a bit more level headed - and stay focused after a save, not smile and laugh as if to say "look at me, look what I did".  

To my mind that is not  good long term psychology.   Look at the great goalkeepers - Shilton, Banks, Friedel, Clemence, Woods, etc etc.  The best goalkeepers are usually quite stable and level headed.   Hart to me does not have the look of a level headed goal keeper.  He has been fantastic up to now, but the flaws are beginning to show - if he loses that self-confidence - which to me looks a bit fragile -  he could well be knocked back.  

Ruddy - and Forster come to that -  imo are both more level headed characters than Hart and offer a more long term stability in the goal keeping world. Hart will always be a super goalkeeper - but just maybe he has peaked too soon and may find it difficult to maintain the fantastic form of the last couple of years over a long career.  

Does anyone think Ruddy will get any game time?

I can''t see it myself, not after the world fell in love with Forster last week due to his many saves against Barcelona. Its not like Ruddy is up against world class players most weeks...

Talking about England No.1''s and possible No.1''s.

Hart just made a terrible mistake, some really awful communication leading to what was quite frankly an open goal.

Shocking

Of course they should, its a friendly. No reason to play Hart at all, let alone for the whole 90. Unless this is his regular defence there is little benefit to playing him. Other than it might upset Mancini which would be funny.

Oh dear, surely it''s time to give someone else a go now? Hart has lost his comfort zone for me, he should have to earn the shirt like everyone else. Shawcross beaten too easily for the 2nd too!

what a great 4th for ibrahamovich, from a poor clearance by hart, who has played the whole match. why?????? also, zaha brought on for the last 5 minutes. again, why? he should have been given at least 30 mins.[:@]

[quote user="star_manic"]what a great 4th for ibrahamovich, from a poor clearance by hart, who has played the whole match. why?????? also, zaha brought on for the last 5 minutes. again, why? he should have been given at least 30 mins.[:@]
[/quote]

I''m afraid I don''t buy into all this Zaha hype, whenever I''ve seen him play for a whole game (which hasn''t been often admittedly) he seems to have great pace but little end product, he may just need to develope and he may well improve with time.