Sign in to follow this  
rob|_ncfc

Demba ba v everton

Has just scored from identical piece of play to Kane''s miss on sat with a week shot aswell could have been a carbon copy had Kane''s gone in

Have to agree there Lincoln... We didn''t strenghten our forward line during the summer...and the ones who did well last season aren''t performing (yet). Holt might have got a new improved contract, but there would not have been anything wrong in getting a good striker in to keep the front two of last season on their toes! ''cause they''re not on their toes now...last four games prove it!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

Demba Ba changed that game for Newcastle and is a clear example of what we''re currently missing. Forgive me if I''m wrong but i''m sure West Ham paid a reletively small amount to bring him to England. Wish we could have found someone similar.

[/quote]The same Demba Ba who had only scored twice since January?  Love it how people use any kind of situation to make our own team look bad, if Ba hadn''t scored last night people would still be going on about his poor performances since the signing of Papisse Cisse and he wouldn''t even have had a look in on here.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

Demba Ba changed that game for Newcastle and is a clear example of what we''re currently missing. Forgive me if I''m wrong but i''m sure West Ham paid a reletively small amount to bring him to England. Wish we could have found someone similar.

[/quote]

The same Demba Ba who had only scored twice since January?  Love it how people use any kind of situation to make our own team look bad, if Ba hadn''t scored last night people would still be going on about his poor performances since the signing of Papisse Cisse and he wouldn''t even have had a look in on here.
[/quote]

Yep, well done to you, you got it.

Jeez, are you trying to say Demba Ba is not better then we already have?

ncfcstar, I don''t wanna make my team look bad, on the contrary!!! but I feel we''re stating facts mate... At the moment the forwards are not delivering (yet). Not ringing alarmbells (yet)... I for one wouldn''t mind Demba Ba playing for NCFC!!! Our main goalscorer doesn''t look at the races for the moment. I don''t think you can deny that !! IOur defence is playing well, our keeper is reliable, we '' ve signed a good midfielder in Snodders!!! But we are not doing just about the most important part in football: scoring goals.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]The same Demba Ba who had only scored twice since January?  Love it how people use any kind of situation to make our own team look bad, if Ba hadn''t scored last night people would still be going on about his poor performances since the signing of Papisse Cisse and he wouldn''t even have had a look in on here.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah of course I am you condescending numbskull.  At no point did I say Demba Ba wouldn''t add to our team, my point was people are going to use whatever they can as a stick to beat the team with at the moment.  If Demba Ba hadn''t scored last night he wouldn''t have even been in your thoughts, mainly because he''s not put the ball away since being joined by his countryman.

[quote user="ROBFLECK"]ncfcstar, I don''t wanna make my team look bad, on the contrary!!! but I feel we''re stating facts mate... At the moment the forwards are not delivering (yet). Not ringing alarmbells (yet)... I for one wouldn''t mind Demba Ba playing for NCFC!!! Our main goalscorer doesn''t look at the races for the moment. I don''t think you can deny that !! IOur defence is playing well, our keeper is reliable, we '' ve signed a good midfielder in Snodders!!! But we are not doing just about the most important part in football: scoring goals.[/quote]Personally I don''t even think it has been our strikers fault, we''ve been playing well, haven''t had the rub of the green on many cases, and we''re creating chances.  The problem we have is that we''re fashioning chances that would also be missed by 95% of other teams.  We''re getting carried away with the fact that we have only scored two goals, but Kane''s chance aside, I don''t think I have seen us create a chance where you think...GOAL.I''m not saying the forwards aren''t blameless, they need to present themselves in more favourable positions, but at the moment I don''t feel like they could do much else - Fulham was a no show, QPR should have been dead and buried but we never created much in the second half apart from a Snodgrass header, Spurs have Friedel to thank, and West Ham destroyed our midfield for the majority of the second half.  Is it really the strikers at fault?

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

The same Demba Ba who had only scored twice since January?  Love it how people use any kind of situation to make our own team look bad, if Ba hadn''t scored last night people would still be going on about his poor performances since the signing of Papisse Cisse and he wouldn''t even have had a look in on here.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah of course I am you condescending numbskull.  At no point did I say Demba Ba wouldn''t add to our team, my point was people are going to use whatever they can as a stick to beat the team with at the moment.  If Demba Ba hadn''t scored last night he wouldn''t have even been in your thoughts, mainly because he''s not put the ball away since being joined by his countryman.
[/quote]

So your point has no relevance because he did score last night, and he did show us what we''re currently missing. I was not beating the team with anything, just making an observation.

Be it Demba Ba or A N other, last night was a clear example of what we have not currently got, thats the point.

[quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]The same Demba Ba who had only scored twice since January?  Love it how people use any kind of situation to make our own team look bad, if Ba hadn''t scored last night people would still be going on about his poor performances since the signing of Papisse Cisse and he wouldn''t even have had a look in on here.[/quote]

[/quote]Yeah of course I am you condescending numbskull.  At no point did I say Demba Ba wouldn''t add to our team, my point was people are going to use whatever they can as a stick to beat the team with at the moment.  If Demba Ba hadn''t scored last night he wouldn''t have even been in your thoughts, mainly because he''s not put the ball away since being joined by his countryman.[/quote]

So your point has no relevance because he did score last night, and he did show us what we''re currently missing. I was not beating the team with anything, just making an observation.

Be it Demba Ba or A N other, last night was a clear example of what we have not currently got, thats the point.

[/quote]Yes, it does have relevance, because his scoring rate is no better, in fact worse, than our strikers since January.  Who''s to say that Ba will score again in the next few weeks?  Basically you''re arguing that any striker putting the ball in the net is what we haven''t got, at an extremely basic level that may be correct, but if Holt/Morison/Jackson score on Sunday then your point is meaningless.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah of course I am you condescending numbskull.  At no point did I say Demba Ba wouldn''t add to our team, my point was people are going to use whatever they can as a stick to beat the team with at the moment.  If Demba Ba hadn''t scored last night he wouldn''t have even been in your thoughts, mainly because he''s not put the ball away since being joined by his countryman.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, it does have relevance, because his scoring rate is no better, in fact worse, than our strikers since January.  Who''s to say that Ba will score again in the next few weeks?  Basically you''re arguing that any striker putting the ball in the net is what we haven''t got, at an extremely basic level that may be correct, but if Holt/Morison/Jackson score on Sunday then your point is meaningless.
[/quote]

What about the other attributes displayed? Pace, power, athleticism? None of our current strikes are strong in all theses areas. So it''s not soley about the goals. The presence of Ba created havoc for Everton and changed the flow of the game. Holt/Morison/Jackson are all good players but are not game changers. So even if any of them do score sunday, my view will not change.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]ncfcstar, I don''t wanna make my team look bad, on the contrary!!! but I feel we''re stating facts mate... At the moment the forwards are not delivering (yet). Not ringing alarmbells (yet)... I for one wouldn''t mind Demba Ba playing for NCFC!!! Our main goalscorer doesn''t look at the races for the moment. I don''t think you can deny that !! IOur defence is playing well, our keeper is reliable, we '' ve signed a good midfielder in Snodders!!! But we are not doing just about the most important part in football: scoring goals.[/quote]Personally I don''t even think it has been our strikers fault, we''ve been playing well, haven''t had the rub of the green on many cases, and we''re creating chances.  The problem we have is that we''re fashioning chances that would also be missed by 95% of other teams.  We''re getting carried away with the fact that we have only scored two goals, but Kane''s chance aside, I don''t think I have seen us create a chance where you think...GOAL.I''m not saying the forwards aren''t blameless, they need to present themselves in more favourable positions, but at the moment I don''t feel like they could do much else - Fulham was a no show, QPR should have been dead and buried but we never created much in the second half apart from a Snodgrass header, Spurs have Friedel to thank, and West Ham destroyed our midfield for the majority of the second half.  Is it really the strikers at fault?[/quote]

Sorry NCFC star you must be watching different games to me then.

Snodgrass header at end v QPR.

Snodgrass header, Martin header and Johnson chance at the end v Spurs.

Snodgrass 2 on 1 when tried to square to Jackson, Kane chance at the end, goalmouth scramble ve West Ham.

We are creating very, very good chances. Clear cut chances. And we are creating more than we did last season. With a little better finishing and a bit of luck we would be on 9 points now and in the top 6.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="ROBFLECK"]ncfcstar, I don''t wanna make my team look bad, on the contrary!!! but I feel we''re stating facts mate... At the moment the forwards are not delivering (yet). Not ringing alarmbells (yet)... I for one wouldn''t mind Demba Ba playing for NCFC!!! Our main goalscorer doesn''t look at the races for the moment. I don''t think you can deny that !! IOur defence is playing well, our keeper is reliable, we '' ve signed a good midfielder in Snodders!!! But we are not doing just about the most important part in football: scoring goals.[/quote]Personally I don''t even think it has been our strikers fault, we''ve been playing well, haven''t had the rub of the green on many cases, and we''re creating chances.  The problem we have is that we''re fashioning chances that would also be missed by 95% of other teams.  We''re getting carried away with the fact that we have only scored two goals, but Kane''s chance aside, I don''t think I have seen us create a chance where you think...GOAL.I''m not saying the forwards aren''t blameless, they need to present themselves in more favourable positions, but at the moment I don''t feel like they could do much else - Fulham was a no show, QPR should have been dead and buried but we never created much in the second half apart from a Snodgrass header, Spurs have Friedel to thank, and West Ham destroyed our midfield for the majority of the second half.  Is it really the strikers at fault?[/quote]

Sorry NCFC star you must be watching different games to me then.

Snodgrass header at end v QPR.

Snodgrass header, Martin header and Johnson chance at the end v Spurs.

Snodgrass 2 on 1 when tried to square to Jackson, Kane chance at the end, goalmouth scramble ve West Ham.

We are creating very, very good chances. Clear cut chances. And we are creating more than we did last season. With a little better finishing and a bit of luck we would be on 9 points now and in the top 6.

[/quote]

Sorry just read your post again and think I misunderstood. I would take issue with the claim we are creating chances that 95% of other teams would also miss. I just don''t think they would. Part of the problem has been a lack of good fortune, another part has been poor finishing or bad decisions made at the crucial moment. I do agree though that it is also fair to say that the chances have fallen largely to midfielders rather than strikers. Whether that is because the strikers are not working hard enough to get in the right areas I don;t know.

Have to agree that we should have taken a little risk with signing an unknown striker....

These players all come over here relatively unknown and within a season or two are either the next big thing or are at least sold on for a profit...

Demba Ba certainly wasn''t an ''unknown'' player - he was scoring goals for fun in Germany and a regular for Senegal.

West Ham could sign him cheap (although it isn''t actually known how cheap it was, if at all) due to him failing a medical at Stoke - who were ready to pay £7m for him.

If you take a risk on an unkown striker you will get garbage 9 times out of 10 - if you bring in a regular international with a proven record in Germany and valued at £7m you will get a good player.

With the transfer funds we have available it will always be difficult to challenge the other clubs for the signatures of any striker who looks half decent. Even CMS was valued at over £3.5 million and we weren''t prepared to pay that, possibly because last season wasn''t his best as he was playing up front as a lone striker. This season he''s been banging the goals in for fun. If we go back for him in January, he is sure to be valued at £4m. The trouble is you never know whether these players will play as well in the Prem and it will always be a gamble.What we need is another, dare I say it, Dean Ashton without his attitude, but with his talent and goalscoring ability, but where are we going to find him? Perhaps Kane will develop into a top striker, let''s hope so, as I don''t know where our goals are going to come from on our current form.

It is also Ba versus Newcastle at the moment.

I hope our ''team'' who work for each other can do something against a disparate bunch on Sunday. Yes, Newcastle have the quality to beat any side but are they in a good place at the moment?