Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Where's the QPR fan ?

I said Andy Johnson was injury prone a few weeks ago. Just confirmed on Talksport that Andy Johnson is out for the season with ligament damage....  

An ''''Ambitious'''' club like QPR I''m surprised they even bothered with a forgotten has - been Striker like Johnson. I''m not shocked he is now injured either.

[quote user="paul moy"]It''s actually his anterior cruciate ligament.[/quote]Perhaps he needs to see an anterior defecator.........

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Aggravated an old diving injury probably.Looks like a long season ahead at the Loftus rd treatment room.....[/quote]Couldn''t help but laugh at that one. [:)]

Here thanks - updated the other thread but nice of you guys to be so sympathetic for a serious injury to a professional...

Also from a team who signed James Vaughan last summer, Michael Turner this summer and Jacob Butterfield who is still on the mend from a serious injury it''s a bit rich - let''s hope you have some bad karma coming your way!

[quote user="Lurking_QPR_ fan"]

Here thanks - updated the other thread but nice of you guys to be so sympathetic for a serious injury to a professional...

Also from a team who signed James Vaughan last summer, Michael Turner this summer and Jacob Butterfield who is still on the mend from a serious injury it''s a bit rich - let''s hope you have some bad karma coming your way!

[/quote]

I am sympathetic to his injury but not of course to QPR who waste untold sums on injury-prone journeymen and push up the cost of players to every other club due to spendthrift policies. You said last month that you would prefer Johnson to Holt, but I bet you wouldn''t now. Is sick-note Kieren Dyer still with you on 80K a week ?

I actually rate Holt, he''s very effective and cons ref''s better than almost any other forward to get advantages for his team.  I''d still prefer a fit Johnson though, because he has more about his game and the flexibility to play several different roles for the team.

Dyer is actually on a pay as you play deal, but you don''t seem interested in facts.

QPR were in the bottom half of the prem for transfer spending, but i don''t see any threads on here castigating Southampton who spent approx £35m on players?

Perhaps the anti Johnson bit is because he has history with us (Holt must have learned off him!)

As for Johnson being able to lay different roles, don''t make me laugh. He is neither a Winger ,Midfielder or any position you wish to mention apart from a Centre Forward

I actually rate Holt, he''s very effective and cons ref''s better than almost any other forward to get advantages for his team.  I''d still prefer a fit Johnson though, because he has more about his game and the flexibility to play several different roles for the team.

Dyer is actually on a pay as you play deal, but you don''t seem interested in facts.

QPR were in the bottom half of the prem for transfer spending, but i don''t see any threads on here castigating Southampton who spent approx £35m on players?

[/quote]

Dyer must be cheap then !!   [:D]  .. and two wrongs on spending don''t make a right, and could be financially devastating if relegation occurs, as is surely on the cards.

Where do people get off on this board?!Firstly comparing Johnson to Holt is ridiculous....play completely different roles whilst both being branded a "striker".Johnson dived against us whilst at Palace...big deal. Who hasn''t conned a ref?A fit AJ alongside Holt would be a dream pairing up front..... a Jackson (pace wise), but with positioning, ability and finishing.  The need to feel jealous of QPR is mind boggling. They are a small side, as are we.  They are a family club, as are we.  They get regular gates around 16,000-18,000 (as did we historically), but in a ridiculous catchment area for decent football clubs.  There is very little difference between us in terms of success too....i mean lets face it, if we want to delve the stats then Ipswich are a far better club than us (and no i''m not a binner!).Growing up in Watford i used to get to two or three QPR games a season and they are still my 3rd side (City first, Watford 2nd) despite their new found wealth.  I have to say every QPR fan ive talked to is a decent chat, level headed and wants football played the right way (as do we).Forget the Thetford mockney wannabee types who will give it the bug''un but have no idea who Gavin Peacock is, let alone anyone before him and Les!!Far far worse clubs, fans and people involved in the Premier league so lets not be worrying about QPR.Nani''s dive for example at the weekend was worse than AJ''s against us.

[/quote]It''s not the spending per se it''s more how it''s spent that puzzles us. Southampton like us are clearly building for the future, Hughes and QPR (or more likely fernandes)  seem to be throwing everything into one sh!t or bust effort at winning the 2006-2007 Premier League title....[:S]

[quote user="Zak Burger"][quote user="Lurking_QPR_ fan"]

[/quote]

It''s not the spending per se it''s more how it''s spent that puzzles us. Southampton like us are clearly building for the future, Hughes and QPR (or more likely fernandes)  seem to be throwing everything into one sh!t or bust effort at winning the 2006-2007 Premier League title....[:S]

[/quote]

I''m not sure why it''s puzzling though?  Sure we''ve conducted a lot of business in a short space of time, but the focus is on improving our quality of player.

We''ve brought players who will appreciate in value, Hoillet, Granero, Diakite, Mbia, some quality older players Cesar, Bosingwa and then some experienced players to round out the squad like Nelsen and Johnson (which has misfired).

Soton have blown £16m on an exciting, potentially great young south american but he could easily not settle or struggle to adapt to the style of the prem - meanwhile they have a Championship quality defence and a League One quality keeper?  Not exactly building for the future or to a sensible plan.

I''m not as anti QPR as many on here Lurking and the only reason I wish you bad results is because we are destined to be rival clubs in the lower reaches of the League, for the immediate future at least.

You have, indeed, signed some quality but it all seems a bit reckless and very Hughes-like.

Will he get them to blend before it is too late?

What about the players this new lot replaced? Would any do well for Nodge? [:)]

I think all QPR fans still have a few reservations about Hughes (he''s not exactly cuddly and charismatic) but he''s been backed to the hilt by the owners, so i think most are happy to give him time and see how we do.

I always think of Norwich and Swansea as rivals (even though you left us for dust last season) because we all got promoted together, have similar short terms goals (consolidation) and all have hugely contrasting approaches.

We''ve shipped out most of our deadwood already (15 players out the door) and the fact that none of them have found clubs any higher than the Championship speaks volumes!

[quote user="6088m canary"]Where do people get off on this board?!Firstly comparing Johnson to Holt is ridiculous....play completely different roles whilst both being branded a "striker".Johnson dived against us whilst at Palace...big deal. Who hasn''t conned a ref?A fit AJ alongside Holt would be a dream pairing up front..... a Jackson (pace wise), but with positioning, ability and finishing.  The need to feel jealous of QPR is mind boggling. They are a small side, as are we.  They are a family club, as are we.  They get regular gates around 16,000-18,000 (as did we historically), but in a ridiculous catchment area for decent football clubs.  There is very little difference between us in terms of success too....i mean lets face it, if we want to delve the stats then Ipswich are a far better club than us (and no i''m not a binner!).Growing up in Watford i used to get to two or three QPR games a season and they are still my 3rd side (City first, Watford 2nd) despite their new found wealth.  I have to say every QPR fan ive talked to is a decent chat, level headed and wants football played the right way (as do we).Forget the Thetford mockney wannabee types who will give it the bug''un but have no idea who Gavin Peacock is, let alone anyone before him and Les!!Far far worse clubs, fans and people involved in the Premier league so lets not be worrying about QPR.Nani''s dive for example at the weekend was worse than AJ''s against us.[/quote]

It''s not jealousy, I''d hate to be in their shoes right now. We all just want to see them fail because they embody everything that is wrong with football at the moment! Where far too much emphasis is placed on who owns the club (Who fuc*ing cares!! It''s football!) and money.

Eventually it''ll all go tits up and they''ll sink down the divisions in financial turmoil just like Portsmouth. Good as well, should hopefully put off other clubs going down this route.

I hate getting into the big club argument but to suggest that us and QPR are similar sized clubs is laughable! Let''s see how many fans QPR or Ipswich get regularly in the 3rd division with Championship ticket prices. Probably closer to 10''000 than our 23''000 I suspect.

Loftus Rd  has all the allure of a multi-storey car park.    A London side with a  "loads-a-money" approach,  has pretentions of being a big club, made more so by their latest money bags owner, with a manager who appears so dour that he must be inspiring nobody,  bringing in  older players in the hope that they will be able to do something due to their "experience".   

Not a recipe for getting other clubs/fans to respect them.   From the outside it looks  not a little laughable.   As for Norwich, we at least have a well run club living within its means and even if we have a few fans who have ridiculous expectations, the club is secure for the future and is still on an upward curve - although we need a positive result to kick start our season.   

No great animosity to qpr, just nothing for a Norwich fan to get either excited - or concerned about.   

Everything is cyclical. Wasn''t so long ago that Carrow Road had crowds of 14-15000 on average.  The big club, small club thing is stupid anyway....if you look at trophies, Ipswich are way above us....as are Villa, yet if you look today i''d say we are way beyond the blue shite and also above Villa.And whilst it may not make me particularly popular on this here board....how many of those 23,000 actually made any noise (IMO the number one job of a fan).No reason to worry about QPR and hopefully they finish well below us.....but they are not what is wrong with modern football.....the current top 5 are far far worse.Hoovering up all young talent, paying excessive wages for average players. Loan after loan.....We can go on all day...no one has the balls to stand up to them, but then no has has the balls to stand up to how the country is run do they?!If people don''t like things they can go out and do something......

[/quote]Never speak ill of the dead.

This is also a media perception as well.I despise Chelsea since all the kids where i used to live have started "supporting" them and putting on mockney accents.  However, there are plenty of hardcore Chelsea fans who were there before and realise their place....3rd club in London at best!! I would imagine if anyone on this board sat down with a die hard QPR fan theyd get the same response.  QPR are there with Palace, Charlton, West Ham, ourselves, Ipswich, Watford, Birmingham, Southampton, Portsmouth, Derby, Forest and countless others who are medium/small clubs who occasionally punch above their weight.  Of the clubs mentioned we also have a pretty terrible trophy collection in comparison but who cares? It''s our club, it''s out passion.  If we wanted tophies we''d all be "Utd" fans.....Personally i hate Liverpool with a passion and the rest are just other teams we play.

I used to go to Loftus Road to watch the likes of Rodney Marsh, Stan Bowles etc in the 70''s and still have a bit of a soft spot for them.  I was at Carrow Road in ''76 when we beat them 3-2 to deny them the title. I just don''t like the way they are right now and of course I resent the way we were cheated out of the Champs Title with an illegal player.  

Absolutely spot on (for once) Mr Moy.As for QPR there are far more teams currently in the PL id rather see down:on no particular order:Liverpool (scum)Man utd (well, everyone hates em eh :p )Everton (boring kick lumps scottish style side)West Ham (actually like them, but their fans are Leedsesque in arroagnce)WBA (dad''s a woves fan :P)Fulham (no fans)Wigan (ditto)Reading (nothing club)Stoke (shitehole, hoof merchants) actually thinking about it, only us, Sunderland (friendly final and all that), Villa (decent fans on most part) and Spurs (always try to play decent football, plus gave us the backbone of our early 90s side) i have any time for.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Loftus Rd  has all the allure of a multi-storey car park.    A London side with a  "loads-a-money" approach,  has pretentions of being a big club, made more so by their latest money bags owner, with a manager who appears so dour that he must be inspiring nobody,  bringing in  older players in the hope that they will be able to do something due to their "experience".   

Not a recipe for getting other clubs/fans to respect them.   From the outside it looks  not a little laughable.   As for Norwich, we at least have a well run club living within its means and even if we have a few fans who have ridiculous expectations, the club is secure for the future and is still on an upward curve - although we need a positive result to kick start our season.   

No great animosity to qpr, just nothing for a Norwich fan to get either excited - or concerned about.   
[/quote]

The amount of money Chelsea and Man Utd have spent on two players each would comfortably cover the transfer fees and a years wages for ALL of our summer signings!

Soton have spent almost twice as much as us on transfer fees, Reading are paying similar wages, Swansea are filling their team with foreign imports, Fulham will instantly fold with their £200m of debt if Al Fayed dies/leaves etc etc.  Why are we being held up as all that''s bad with Football today exactly?

Also the average age of our summer signings is 25 BTW.