Sign in to follow this  
Paulo_M

Perspective

Some thoughts of mine / reasons to be cheerful!:- We''ve only lost once this season and that is quickly looking like a weird fluke.- Hughton has sorted the defense, something Lambert never did.- Holt has been a slow starter EVERY season (has everyone forgotten he was quickly dropped in favour of Morison last season?).- We''ve created lots of chances in every game... we''ve just been a bit unlucky in front of goal (and had opposing goalies on form).- Following on from the last comment, a bit more luck and we''d have 7 points right now with exactly the same performances... I doubt anyone would say we''ve played badly if that was the case.- Personally think we look a better side now than at the start of last season.- Many fans wanted Wes on against WH, but that would have meant sacrificing a striker or losing the midfield battle (i.e. WH had 5 big blokes in midfield... would you be happy to only have 4 in midfield - and one of those being Wes?). Not bringing Wes on wasn''t Hughton being negative in my eyes - it would have been a gamble that may have not paid off.- Finally, Hughton employs different tactics than Lambert. Lambert was gung ho, while Hughton seems to be more cautious. It doesn''t mean Hughton''s tactics are wrong... Lamberts style may have been exciting, but it''s very risky. Personally think we should be more cautious as we are no longer an unknown quantity and also the league this year is tougher.

I''ve seen this mentioned about Wes a few times. Losing the midfield battle.

What on earth was Surman doing in the second half if he wasn''t losing the midfield battle? First half he was decent, second half he lost the ball 85% of the time. I like Surman, still think he''s one of our best players. But we''d have been better off playing Ruddy on the left during the second half...

One of the stats from last season which does give cause for concern was losing the first goal and having to chase the game. It''s a dangerous game to play and you can''t blame Hughton for changing the emphasis of the side to want to win games by the odd goal and not conceding.

H

Agree with you Paulo.

Unfortunately there are so many dinosaurs on here strutting around like their opinions are the only ones that count for this thread to be noticed too much.

It just so happens that most of them (not all - as he picks up his tin hat) are of the school of thought that ''If you don''t have anything negative to say, don''tsay anything at all''

Anyone watching our performances can see clearly that your points are very much valid. But positive thinking on ths forum seems to be widely unfashoinable.