Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Alan Shearer "really boring game to watch"

i don''t think he actually watches the majority of the match. he says we''ll struggle this year. he said that this time last year.....i''m not worried, we finished 12th.

Shearer has very little in the way of original thought.

In all likelihood, a researcher passed him some notes in large capitals that he slowly lip-read off camera and then blurted out when it was his turn to talk.

Good footballer, hopeless pundit. Time for a change please.

Shearer predicts a long hard season for Norwich?!

I expect most teams expect this but he means we''ll struggle for points.

Next up, Newcastle: Shearer''s club. I hope our players see it as a chance to repay Shearer''s remarks.

It is odd Shearer said that, given that the beeb updates were going on about how entertaining the game was throughout (i read them after the game).

One thing that does grate is why they feel the need to comment "...and how will xxxxx do...?" every week: it is boring, and also pointless: these guys are ex footballers and certainly cannot see into the future - why cant they stick to analysing what went on, or better still, saying nothing at all.

There are almost eight hundred premiership games in a single season. Add that number all the cup games that a premier team plays in and you''re looking at a thousand games. So I would defy anyone to come up with something original in predicting how each of those games will go.

Even supplying post-match analysis of a thousand games it must be difficult to be interesting and non-repetetive.

I would like to see Match of the day come from the featured main match, and have a player from each side instead of the 2 worthogs we have been putting up with for what seems ever and a day Hanson has been a hasbeen long enough and was probably one of the worst defenders I ever saw on a pitch. Shearer knows as much about coaching and management as I do brain surgery.

[quote user="Rock The Boat"]There are almost eight hundred premiership games in a single season. Add that number all the cup games that a premier team plays in and you''re looking at a thousand games. So I would defy anyone to come up with something original in predicting how each of those games will go.

Even supplying post-match analysis of a thousand games it must be difficult to be interesting and non-repetetive.[/quote]Chris Kamara manages to do it for Goals on Sunday, nearly always has an interesting point to make about a game.

He seems to have been watching a different game to this bloke:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/15/norwich-west-ham-mbm-live?

I agree. I''ve read a few comments on various message boards that the match was boring. I thought it was end to end stuff, especially first half. I was at Carrow Road, so maybe you had to be there.

We were on MOTD last and its like they just wanted to get off air. Let''s hope we prove Shearer wrong and start winning so we are not struggling come May. OTBC

Shearer should try and be a manager.... oh wait never mind. I thought 70 minutes of the game was entertaining, both teams had good chances to score. Just because there was no goals doesn''t make it a boring game.

Could it be that Shearer has something personal with Hughton? It isn''t the first time this season he''s predicted a poor season for us. It could be a) he doesn''t rate hughton from working with him closely at Newcastle (not like PL who MOTD. Rate as a "manager who seems to know what he''s doing", or b) as the man who in his only managerial job shearer was in charge when newcastle were relegated and then had to suffer the embarrassment of watching hughton win the league to get promotion at the first attempt. Sour grapes?

I am a season ticket holder but on hols in spain so watched the match in a bar via abu dhabi satellite. David pleat and the commentators thought it was quite an open and entertaining game. I can see how at the match it could have been frustrating but frankly shearers comments (which I also saw on MOTD via satellite) were lacking in substance). Only time will tell whether we tae enough chances to score to win the games we need to win.

I''m really lucky, I have something called a digital TV recorder which I use to record MOTD, then, what I do is, I watch the highlights of any match that interests me and fast forward past the pundits. Simples, no more Shearer and no more need to moan about him on message boards.

The first half was actually pretty entertaining but then it got all scrappy for the second half and wasn''t the best to watch.It was still a better match than it was given credit for, and despite the scoreline we surely deserve more than 30 seconds of meaningless comments at the end of the programme?I don''t expect us to have the main game each week but the general lack of respect and knowledge the pundits have about us is shocking...

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Alan Shearer- Really boring pundit to watch.[/quote]Perfectly put Zak Burger, quality sig btw.

I thought it was boring and frustrating with the wasted chances, and I''m a Norwich fan. There were a few hard shots, but they were always within easy reach for the West Ham keeper.  Other than their close call early on, they were never a serious threat to score.  I can''t imagine neutral observers would find the game very interesting.

Every teams fans complain about MOTD every time their shown last. Despite the game being a relatively entertaining 0-0 draw where would you realistically put the game in as a neutral fan?

If Derby drew 0-0 with Wolves in the premiership, would you rather see the highlights of that or the highlights of a game with goals / a game involving a big team. For the majority of fans, it''s the latter option.

As for the pundits it''s universally agreed they need to shake it up now. Alan Hansen was decent and still gives a good defensively analysis from time to time but is too old now. Alan Shearer...a great player to watch.

[quote user="Bovril"]Despite the game being a relatively entertaining 0-0 draw where would you realistically put the game in as a neutral fan?[/quote]The fact that it was on last wasn''t a problem for me, what I take issue with was the complete lack of any sort of analysis or sensible comments on the game.I resent the fact that the ''big'' teams can get 20 minutes of discussion and extended highlights on a regular basis, whereas we get less than 30 seconds of meaningless crap - often without any justification.If Shearer or anyone else thinks we''re going to struggle, then f**king explain why and what brought you to that conclusion - is it poor defending? a weak attack? a lack of team spirit? poor management??? Give us something to actually justify the meaningless comments and putdowns or shut the hell up...

I never listen to the Pundits, I just watch the football... but when I listen to them it''s always after the City game...I should stop doing that....Each of them just has it in for us God I hope we prove them wrong!!!

Until we do something like start playing like Everton or Fulham every week, we are not going to be taken seriously by the media as a premiership team and to be honest, we are still trying to work towards the kind of status those two clubs have.   But we are still a fledgling  club in that respect and performances like Saturday''s will not help.   The lack of quality from both teams was there for everyone to see - but that was just one game - you get those kind of games from time to time whatever clubs are playing.  

Its still early days, but if we develop under Hughton and start getting results we will get more favourable comments.    MOTD is diificult to take seriously and they might as  well just have Lineker there to introduce the matches and not bother with the punditry.   Just make it a programme for people to watch the football.    You could have a main match with comments from someone who was involved in it, maybe,  but then the rest of the programme should just be about watching the football. 

If you are going to have pundits they should at least have something interesting to say.  A manager on the show would be better - a different one every week - not just a couple of regulars in ''Arry and Micky who will just become charicatures.   The whole philosophy of the programme is flawed.  Why they could get it right with the Football League Show and MOTD2, but not MOTD - is a mystery.

He''s a real, bright spark is Shearer - three quarters of Premier teams are in for a long hard season, yet according to the Einstein of football punditry it''s specifically NCFC.One has to take into account that a huge amount of braincells are lost every time a footballer heads a ball.