Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Jake Humphrey to present new BT Premier League show

Has the Beeb lost its F1 franchise?  Why else would you give up the glamour of F1 for sitting in a TV studio week in, week out?  Anyway looking forward to him keeping a straight face when Norwich are on - there''s positivity that we''ll stay up this season.

" Has the Beeb lost its F1 franchise? Why else would you give up the glamour of F1 for sitting in a TV studio week in, week out? "

- Football is better than F1

- He is a family man ... less traveling, more family time.

- More money for fronting a show.

- It''s a job for him, this would be a promotion

My question was a bit tongue in cheek and your answers were what i would anticipate anyway.  The main thing is will he be surrounded with better pundits than the Beeb currently offer!

Doesn''t matter if football is ''better'' than F1, how do you even decide whats better? Its opinion. But Football almost certainly is more popular, and football pundits will be paid more than F1 pundits.

Jake is one of my best mates. He has earnt enough and is having a baby so wants to be in the uk more! Could go to sky if he wanted ! Is actually going to buy a place in Norfolk soon too... For a few million ! Lucky git... And he was never really into sport at Hewett! Still same old jake though ! :)

A few million? He can''t be that well off, only did kids TV up until 3/4 years ago didn''t he? Although he had a flash car back then, picked his Mum up from Hewett a few years ago, she was Food Tech teacher.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]A few million? He can''t be that well off, only did kids TV up until 3/4 years ago didn''t he? Although he had a flash car back then, picked his Mum up from Hewett a few years ago, she was Food Tech teacher.[/quote]Been a few years now.  Good luck to him.  He must have a good reputation if he gets these decent job offers.

[quote user="ImDrunky"]I wouldn''t say football is better than the F1, but then again I like them both.

As for Jake, I''m not a big fan tbh.
[/quote]

I love F1, and watch all the practice and qualifires and never miss a race, If there is a silly time start my horses get fed very early 

I love F1 too but on topic one of my favourite parts of the entire F1 circus is the Humphrey/Coulthard/Jordan trio in their dodgy couture trying to fill the final hour before racing starts the highlight of which is always the walk up the grid attempting to interview drivers engineers and team owners just a few minutes before the red lights go out.

[quote user="shefcanary"]Has the Beeb lost its F1 franchise?  Why else would you give up the glamour of F1 for sitting in a TV studio week in, week out?  Anyway looking forward to him keeping a straight face when Norwich are on - there''s positivity that we''ll stay up this season.[/quote]

Could it be the small matter of a massive pay rise?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Good for him :) let''s hope we''re still in it to appreciate it :)[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance here, but what is BT? Is it a new channel via satellite? I''ve not had Sky for a few years so I''ve lost track.

[quote user="Jonzey"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]Good for him :) let''s hope we''re still in it to appreciate it :)[/quote]

Forgive my ignorance here, but what is BT? Is it a new channel via satellite? I''ve not had Sky for a few years so I''ve lost track.

[/quote]British Telecom have got the rights to broadcast football next season on PPV  on their vision boxes.

[quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

You mean Jake won''t be on Archant''s new TV channel for Norwich called ''Mustard''?

I kid you not - it''s real.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/19/local-tv-licences

[/quote]

Harry Hill will love it, maybe he could move the TV Burp franchise there!

[/quote]

Archant should obviously cash in on their most successful website and give Wiz his own show - would certainly generate a lot of interest.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="TCCANARY"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

You mean Jake won''t be on Archant''s new TV channel for Norwich called ''Mustard''?

I kid you not - it''s real.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/19/local-tv-licences

[/quote]

Harry Hill will love it, maybe he could move the TV Burp franchise there!

[/quote]

Archant should obviously cash in on their most successful website and give Wiz his own show - would certainly generate a lot of interest.

[/quote]

Wouldn''t it be a bit like Roger Melly on the Telly?

Ah, to replace ESPN, who replaced Setanta?

I would have thought Jake has a high enough profile now to command a top end football presenting job with the BBC or ITV. These PPV channels always seem really cheap and viewed by ten thousand people if they''re lucky! Get rid of Linekar, get Jake on MOTD instead!

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Ah, to replace ESPN, who replaced Setanta?

I would have thought Jake has a high enough profile now to command a top end football presenting job with the BBC or ITV. These PPV channels always seem really cheap and viewed by ten thousand people if they''re lucky! Get rid of Linekar, get Jake on MOTD instead!

[/quote]

BT will have access to many more of the ''top'' games than ESPN or Setanta ever had (18 of the 38 picks will go to BT the other 20 to Sky) - also, unlike ESPN etc as BT have BT Vision they are less reliant on SKY.

There is also talk for some of BT''s live games to be shown in partnership with ITV on terrastial TV (the first time a Premier League football would be on ''free'' TV)