Sign in to follow this  
pete

Why its not all bad news

Sure City look shot shy in front of goal but we only need to finish 17th for a season we would all take right now.  Therefore need 3 teams to finish below us and I think I have seen them.  QPR, Southampton and Reading have spent big fees perhaps not Reading but £63k per week for the Pog.  But all 3 have Championship defences and it shows.  QPR Ferdinand, Hill, Southampton Gorkks plus an other can''t remember and Reading have last seasons defence and all look poor, huge investment in midfield at QPR and Southampton (£11m spaniard).  Whereas we spent what is rumoured to be £3.5m on Bassong who along with Garrido has made our defence look much stronger.  We may struggle to score but I believe the defensive inabilities of the above three will be their downfall.

Actually have been quite impressed with what i have seen from Southampton and as they have played both Manchester clubs and Arsenal they are probably in a little bit of a false position .Reading should be around the bottom three but are their results so far this season much different to ours last season ? gutsy defeat at Chelsea comprehensively beaten at home to Spurs ,so bit to early to write them off just yet . As for Qpr , no too many good players for the drop they look like they will be mid table to me , another knockback was hearing Gary Neville describe Villa as revitalised yesterday.After the next 5 or so games i believe we will certainly be in the bottom 2 , once there its very hard to get out .

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So when it all levels out Ncfc where do you think Southampton''s true position will be?

[/quote]

With some of their performances and what looks like ability to score a few I would think they will be around 15-16th after the first round of matches, although who knows if they panic with the manager. They may also only be able to raise their game for the big matches where they have ''nothing to lose'' but bottle it in winable games in which case they will stay where they are now. imo

[quote user="Ncfc"]Southampton........they are probably in a little bit of a false position .Reading........bit to early to write them off just yet . Qpr........too many good players Villa........ revitalisedNorwich........we will certainly be in the bottom 2.[/quote]By cutting your post down to the nitty-gritty it''s clear that you are bigging other teams up whilst putting NCFC down, something you do all the while. Why would a City fan constantly do that?

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So when it all levels out Ncfc where do you think Southampton''s true position will be?

[/quote]

With some of their performances and what looks like ability to score a few I would think they will be around 15-16th after the first round of matches, although who knows if they panic with the manager. They may also only be able to raise their game for the big matches where they have ''nothing to lose'' but bottle it in winable games in which case they will stay where they are now. imo

[/quote]

I''ve seen a bit of Southampton so far this season and I think unless Ramirez really shines they will struggle to survive. They remind me a little bit of Blackpool - put in great performances against the big teams (with little reward) and then lose 2 - 0 to Wigan, at home.

I haven''t seen a Premier League defence that bad since Derby graced the Premier League a few years back.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve seen a bit of Southampton so far this season and I think unless Ramirez really shines they will struggle to survive. They remind me a little bit of Blackpool - put in great performances against the big teams (with little reward) and then lose 2 - 0 to Wigan, at home.

I haven''t seen a Premier League defence that bad since Derby graced the Premier League a few years back.

[/quote]

That''s how I see it. I can''t help but wonder if the manager is up to it. He seems a good honest guy and reminds  me a lot of Worthy. Worthy had a similar philosophy when taking on the big teams. With similar results.

I agree, I think we can see the bottom four: in no particular order - Southampton, Reading, QPR, Wigan.

And for a surprise team, the "too good to go down" team, I''ll offer three - Villa, West Brom, Stoke.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Actually have been quite impressed with what i have seen from Southampton and as they have played both Manchester clubs and Arsenal they are probably in a little bit of a false position .Reading should be around the bottom three but are their results so far this season much different to ours last season ? gutsy defeat at Chelsea comprehensively beaten at home to Spurs ,so bit to early to write them off just yet . As for Qpr , no too many good players for the drop they look like they will be mid table to me , another knockback was hearing Gary Neville describe Villa as revitalised yesterday.After the next 5 or so games i believe we will certainly be in the bottom 2 , once there its very hard to get out .[/quote]Long-term binner

Yeah Ncfc is very dedicated. He quite clearly doesn''t support Norwich. And if he does, then he has serious problems. How on earth can you enjoy football with an outlook like that, if he''s for real.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yeah Ncfc is very dedicated. He quite clearly doesn''t support Norwich. And if he does, then he has serious problems. How on earth can you enjoy football with an outlook like that, if he''s for real.[/quote]Its called realism Gingerpele you should try a dose , lets see in 5 games time how right i am , i say bottom 2 .  You and a few others on here clearly prefer the head in the sand approach , you even believe Holt isnt fat and that says it all really.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Southampton we be around the bottom eight but i dont see them relegated , have a  better set of strikers than us although their problems will be much like ours last season , defending .

Holt isn''t fat. He''s a professional footballers, Hughton would not start him four games in a row if he were fat.

My head is not in the sand. I actually ENJOY my football experience. You should give up really, your clearly either an Ipswich fan or deeply depressed. How on earth can you justify spending your money on something you can''t enjoy? If your serious your quite frankly pathetic.

And also, I don''t care if you are right. If were in the bottom two in five games, I really don''t care. Its not about who''s right and wrong, thats also pathetic. I''m a Norwich City Supporter, I will support the team wether we are in the Prem or League One, wether we are playing well or playing crap. You can''t even support the team when were playing well in the top league in the world. What the hell does that say about you?

After the last three games I now think the Fulham result was a bit of a freak. We have been better than each of the three (Prem.) teams we have met since that fateful day.

It is destined to be a dog-fight down there again and I, personally, feel that Hooton has equipped us better for that than Lambo might have done. As expressed above, a sounder defence is vital. We now have one.

Goals will come. The next four games will likely reveal more about our prospects than the last four. 

[quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
Southampton we be around the bottom eight but i dont see them relegated , have a  better set of strikers than us although their problems will be much like ours last season , defending .
[/quote]

Us????????????

You know what they said when Peter Crouch''s girlfriend got pregnant?

You''re ''avin'' a giraffe..

[quote user="Ncfc"]Its called realism Gingerpele you should try a dose , lets see in 5 games time how right i am , i say bottom 2 .  You and a few others on here clearly prefer the head in the sand approach , you even believe Holt isnt fat and that says it all really.[/quote]If being a "realist" means you can''t EVER say anything good about your team, I''m glad I''m not one......

Apart from the Fulham game it hasn''t been ''all bad news'' anyway.We''ve got some good new players in.The defence has been strengthened,which is clearly evident.We''ve still played some quality passing and attacking football,even though people thought we would get dull and defensive.In Chris Hughton we have a good capable manager,who is still learning his trade,so he has the capability to get even better.The only problem so far is our misfiring strikers,who are still getting plenty of chances,just need to take a few.If we weren''t getting any goalscoring chances then i would worry.

I''m quietly confident that we''ll be okay. The only major loss we''ve had is Lambert within the whole squad, and we''ve added to the playing staff and actually dramatically improved elements of the squad. All we need now is a manager who can gel the team and get the best out of what we have... which I believe we''ve got in Hughton. It won''t be as comfortable as last season, but I think we''ll be okay, and finishing 17th will be as good an achievement for us as finishing 12th last season.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Ncfc"]Its called realism Gingerpele you should try a dose , lets see in 5 games time how right i am , i say bottom 2 .  You and a few others on here clearly prefer the head in the sand approach , you even believe Holt isnt fat and that says it all really.[/quote]If being a "realist" means you can''t EVER say anything good about your team, I''m glad I''m not one......[/quote]No much better to live with the fairies believing we will pick up the dropped points against the likes of Man City and Liverpool , carry on no doubt you will shrug off relegation with a we will be straight back next season . Pound to a penny you were one of those who thought Gunn was a great appointment too.

[quote user="Son Ova Gunn"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve also got a feeling that Harry Redknapp will be manager soon, which should help them stay up.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Ncfc"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]Southampton we be around the bottom eight but i dont see them relegated , have a  better set of strikers than us although their problems will be much like ours last season , defending . [/quote]

Us????????????

You know what they said when Peter Crouch''s girlfriend got pregnant?

You''re ''avin'' a giraffe..

[/quote]Oh dear just because i think we will be relegated this season i am not a supporter , grow up man you come across as a 9 year old . Lets face it you are just a Delia fanatic who thought everything was rosy when we were relegated to League 1 , not  somebody who wants the best for the club just somebody who goes along with anything the club throws at them , 100% certain you would have been behind the Gunn appointment.

[quote user="Ncfc"]no doubt you will shrug off relegation with a we will be straight back next season .[/quote]But I don''t believe we will be relegated, that is the difference between us. We have strengthened the team from last season, have a years Premier League experience now and another good manager. We still have the same board who have overseen our rise from the ashes and have made money available in EVERY transfer window to buy new players. I do feel sorry for you though, our first win will break your heart!