Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Mark Robins gets Coventry job

[quote user="lappinitup"]That''s Cody off on loan somewhere then.....Dartford maybe? [;)]
[/quote]

Cynic.

My first instinct was to hope that Robins may be able to make something of him. And  I reckon Delia''s reaction may have been the same.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]That''s Cody off on loan somewhere then.....Dartford maybe? [;)][/quote]

Cynic.

My first instinct was to hope that Robins may be able to make something of him. And  I reckon Delia''s reaction may have been the same.

OTBC

[/quote]
I think you may have missed Lappin''s subtlety here mate?
I could be wrong, but I believe Lappin was making an allusion to the fact that no-one had stated it was the manager''s job, and as Cody and Robins play the same position, the pun was that robins was going there as a player...

[quote user="kick it off"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="lappinitup"]That''s Cody off on loan somewhere then.....Dartford maybe? [;)]
[/quote]

Cynic.

OTBC

[/quote]

I think you may have missed Lappin''s subtlety here mate?

I could be wrong, but I believe Lappin was making an allusion to the fact that no-one had stated it was the manager''s job, and as Cody and Robins play the same position, the pun was that robins was going there as a player...

[/quote]

And maybe you''ve been reading too much John Le Carre recently? [;)]

OTBC

Agree it is a thankless task.  However he did a good job at Rotherham who were at the time in similar free fall and with similar boardroom shenigans and no money.  It must have been this experience he got across at the interview.  Good luck Mark.

That''s Cody off on loan somewhere then.....Dartford maybe? Wink [;)]

Cynic.

That is not improbable, it is a place close to his heart, he has been on the bench for Cov, and there are not many League positions between them. Funnier things have happened.......................

The saddest thing is all the media state ''former Manchester United player Mark Robins''.

Hope he does well, but I get the feeling that Coventry fans will not enjoy League One as much as I did.  It was a real pleasure going to some of the grounds and meeting some of the fans. 

All is not lost. Robins has a reasonable track record and Coventry have a half decent squad.  They have just lacked decent management in recent years. It''s still very early on in the season and they are capable of top six IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]All is not lost. Robins has a reasonable track record and Coventry have a half decent squad.  They have just lacked decent management in recent years. It''s still very early on in the season and they are capable of top six IMO.[/quote]
I agree to an extent, Robins is actually a decent manager, saved Rotheram from relegation in his first season, close to automatic promotion in his second and third, despite a 17 point deduction from the Football league in the latter. In his two seasons at Barnsley he twice avoided relegation despite limited resources and ended up resigning after the board gave him the unreasonable demand of a play off place despite one of the smallest budgets in the division. Coventry might not get promoted this season, but with Robins they have a manager who''ll start moving the club in the right direction IMO.

[quote user="paul moy"]All is not lost. Robins has a reasonable track record and Coventry have a half decent squad.  They have just lacked decent management in recent years. It''s still very early on in the season and they are capable of top six IMO.[/quote]
I agree to an extent, Robins is actually a decent manager, saved Rotheram from relegation in his first season, close to automatic promotion in his second and third, despite a 17 point deduction from the Football league in the latter. In his two seasons at Barnsley he twice avoided relegation despite limited resources and ended up resigning after the board gave him the unreasonable demand of a play off place despite one of the smallest budgets in the division. Coventry might not get promoted this season, but with Robins they have a manager who''ll start moving the club in the right direction IMO.