Sign in to follow this  
Splendid Rush

Why do YOU hate Wolves?

As a club, it seems that generally Wolves are second only to the Binners as recipients of our hatred. Even Iwan Roberts openly hates them.

I''m just wondering why it is is for different people.

For me, it''s because after the play-off semi final game up there a load of their fans jumped 5 of us and one of my mates got a bit of a beating.

For some it will be that Kevin Muscat habitually injured our best players.

What are the other reasons that collectively make us hate them?

In all the away games I have attended post-Hillsborough, Molineaux is the one ground where I have felt really badly intimidated.  And the way their fans turn on their own side within minutes is quite shocking (although good for the opposition).  So really it is down to their fans for me!  Horrible.  But playing a beast like Muscat didn''t help.

• The Muscat incident is obvious... but for me I really started to hate them after they played us the season after the play-offs and they  beat us at Carrow Road and Dave Jones was interviewed on Sky afterwards and he spoke really sneeringly and dismissively about them having brushed us aside....... I''ve hated Wolves (and Dave Jones) ever since....

Only been to Molineux once- the 2-2 draw last season. I don''t hate Wolves but I will always remember the post match comments from Dave Jones when they beat us convincingly at Carrow Road. It was the season after we beat them in the Playoffs and Jones came out and said ''it''s revenge for last season'' or something along those lines. Maybe it''s not Wolves I hate, just D.J....Although my grandparents went to the away leg in the playoff semi-finals and they describe how nasty the Wolves fans were...May they rot in the championship for a long time to come!

Myself?, season 1995/96 after we''d just been relegated from the Premier Laegue played at Molineux fairly early in the season in midweek and beat them 2-0, and to compound matters Steve Bull was sent off in the last minute, having not been there before at the time and not too familiar with either their repuation or the geography around the ground took a cowardly punch to the jaw from behind from one of their neandrathals after the match.....had I have retaliated, I might not be typing this now?. Think I''m right in saying we''ve never beaten them there since and even when we lost the playoff semi 2nd leg but still went through had a few more safety in numbers that night in 6000 as oppose to the usual 1500 ish?

Compounded of course a few years later by the Muscat incident.

I work in the West Mids and even though all the Cov. fans have vanished, those that support the Villa, Brum & West Brom collectively hate Wolves. They say it''s unsafe to go their as an away supporter (especially from local rivals !)I must say, I went to the West Brom away game for the FA Cup and the Brom supporters were as nice as pie. They came and spoke to us and had no issues with us being amongst them outside the ground.Didn''t the Wolves Chairman in 2001 or so say that Wolves were as good as promoted, they then failed to win a game after that. Last game of the season they dropped to 3rd, with West Brom getting the automatic spot. We then knocked them out of the play-offs. Ha !!!

A few years ago my local team Kidderminster Harriers played then in FA Cup at Wolves, the wonderfull wolves supporters were urinating onto the Kidder fans below, confirmed the are animals

West Brom is always a pleasure to go to, Villa and B ham city aint so bad either

Goes back to my girlfriend at uni in the mid-70s who had a Dad always spouting on about them being a ''big club'' because of playing in Eurpoe in the 1950''s!!!!  I did ditch her of course.  Having said that I still ended up with a father-in-law who is a Wolves fan and a brother-in-law who supports Leeds....... sometimes you can''t win but it has been very pleasing over the last few years!!!! [:D]

Hi guys, Wolves fan here ( I come in peace :) )!

Just wanted to say I''m a little shocked by some of the reaction on here as to why so many Norwich fans hate Wolves. I''d heard about it over the years and solely put it down to the antics of the thug Muscat, who funnily enough, I thought was an idiot. A lot of Wolves fans including myself partly blame him for our downfall in a season (which one of your posters commented on) where we were 10 points clear towards the end of the season, only for the prat to get sent off unnecessarily in a home game. Obviously one player didn''t make a team, but we capitulated from there (the fact that I disliked him is enough for me to use him as a scapegoat!). There are teams I dislike around the country based on players who''ve been affiliated with them that I do not like, but I would not say I hate them. I only really hate Birmingham City FC, and dislike WBA for obvious reasons. How one of your posters can say going to St. Andrews is pleasant is beyond me. I work near the place and have been there twice, it''s a disgrace, intimidating and full of scum. To the guy whose mate got beat up and set upon after the playoff game, well that Wolves ''fan'' deserves a jail term and a good hiding. That''s despicable. There are scum at EVERY, single ground up and down the country, including Wolves. These are individuals, and I hate that clubs are affiliated with hatred because of individuals. A Sheffield Wednesday fan once got out of his car in traffic and attempted to beat my mate up in the passenger seat of his car whilst waiting at traffic lights - just for having a Wolves scarf on...but I don''t hate SWFC, this bloke is scum and nothing to do with true supporting of a club. Wolverhampton on match day, is not in anyway a dangerous place to go prior to a match. Granted I''ve only been going since 1992, but in that time I have only seen minor scuffles from so-called fans who are pathetic. They are not there for the football and I hate that they call themselves fans. As I say, this can occur anywhere in the country at any club. I''ve always liked Norwich, (especially thought Daryl Sutch was a fine player!) and I hope you enjoyed us taking 3 points off your real rivals last night. Anyway, all the best for the season and I hope that some of you can re-evaluate your hatred'' for Wolves! Take care.

Correct WiP. The Wolvo supporters are no different from any others.

Wolverhapton itself is a decent place with some nice areas and the people are friendly. I recall more than a couple of decent pubs from my visits, and was it Bank''s beer?

The only outstandingly dislikeable thing about there was the Subway Army, and I believe they are disbanded now. That was a scary time in those parts.

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Ironic that the two most sensible posts we''ve had on here recently have been from a binner and this bloke.[/quote]

Sensible?, didn''t he say he thought Daryl Sutch was a "fine" player ?!?!?!

Hi. There are some decent friendly bar''s of which you could go and have a pre-match drink in and a chat. And yeh you can''t beat a few of the local ale''s haha! That Subway Army b*llox is just daftness, same as any clubs historical ''firm''. Pathetic individuals. Don''t get me wrong, there are idiots about Wolvo, but there are in a lot of cities. I live in Birmingham (unfortunately, having been Black Country born and bread) and I despise Broad Street (main area of BCcentre) and the majority of surrounding areas. Any person who starts a fight at a football ground or goes there looking for trouble, knows absolutely nothing about football, and they are there because their lives are a joke. Yes it can happen at Wolves, it can happen all across London, Cardiff, Portsmouth, it''s just individual low lives unfortunately!

Play-off semi-final in 2002, both legs.When we beat them 3-1, I remember several large groups of them throwing punches and trying to start fights outside Carrow road, and they ended up fighting the police! Bunch of morons.The away leg was the same, but about 100 times worse.

I don''t mind watching Wolves play on tv though, they''re like Leeds - deluded, stuck-in-the-80s supporters. My unlce also supports Wolves and its great when I see him because I can rip him [:D]

[quote user="marvin the martian"]Ironic that the two most sensible posts we''ve had on here recently have been from a binner and this bloke.[/quote]

Are you serious?

I can''t speak for the Carrow Road leg as I was playing in a cup final at the same time(with one eye on my Dad in the crowd listening to the radio!), but as for the trouble ''100 times worse'' after the Molineux leg...I honestly didn''t see one ounce of trouble nor did I hear of any, most Wolves fans dispersed relatively quickly at the whistle, (not wanting to see the large travelling crowd celebrate obviously!) but I went for a few drinks in the centre afterwards drowning my sorrows, there was no trouble whatsoever after that game where I was.

[quote user="Wolf-In-Peace"]Hi. There are some decent friendly bar''s of which you could go and have a pre-match drink in and a chat. And yeh you can''t beat a few of the local ale''s haha! That Subway Army b*llox is just daftness, same as any clubs historical ''firm''. Pathetic individuals. Don''t get me wrong, there are idiots about Wolvo, but there are in a lot of cities. I live in Birmingham (unfortunately, having been Black Country born and bread) and I despise Broad Street (main area of BCcentre) and the majority of surrounding areas. Any person who starts a fight at a football ground or goes there looking for trouble, knows absolutely nothing about football, and they are there because their lives are a joke. Yes it can happen at Wolves, it can happen all across London, Cardiff, Portsmouth, it''s just individual low lives unfortunately![/quote]

I lived there for a bit and loved the bars and clubs of Broad Street. You could always meet a nice Brummie girl in one of those, but then I was younger then. I will never forget getting friendly with a young lady in the Opposite Lock club which overlooked the canal (is it still there?) I asked her if she wanted to come for a curry with me and she replied, "No I''m a meat and two veg. girl mysel." The biggest red light I have ever had.

Give my regards to Broad Street WiP.

Haha brilliant, no it''s not there now, I think there''s another pub but it''s not the best. It''s OK for a night out once in a while (if you go to Arcadian are) and there are some lovely females about :D but some of the idiot''s there are ridiculous! I shall give my regards!

I have long had a dislike for wolves after we played them in the FA cup in the 80s at wolves, we drew 1-1 greg downs or was it kevin bond scored a belter for us, on the way back to the train station a load of wolves fans were stood waiting at a subway entrance it was obvious what was comming next, got a good beating. if i remember right we lost the replay at carrow road.The days of the football special train and standing

I can''t agree that Wolves fans are ''the same as every other set of fans''.

I''ve only ever had trouble at 3 games. All 3 of those games were at Molineux.

1. kevn muscat

2. have been subject to intimdation after we got a late pen one year, might of been Andy Johnson, cant recall. Also, after the play off semi I was weighing up whether to have a pop at 4 (draw the fire of)who seemed to be trailing me and my dad who is disabled. Nothing materialised but for me to feel that threat and to believe they would hit attack us shows what sort of place it is.

It was the FA Cup 4th Round in 1980 kye5.

I was on that train as well, some of the carriages had their windows put through with bricks and metal bars as it pulled away from the station.

Muscat/Bellamy incident for me mostly. But having said that I can''t remember any trouble at Molineux when I''ve gone there, no more so than anywhere else anyway.

Broadstairs - was Snobs around when you were there? I keep hearing that it has been there for ever, and from the decor I''m not sure whether it actually has or if they''re just going for a ''retro'' vibe!

[quote user="Aggy"]Muscat/Bellamy incident for me mostly. But having said that I can''t remember any trouble at Molineux when I''ve gone there, no more so than anywhere else anyway. Broadstairs - was Snobs around when you were there? I keep hearing that it has been there for ever, and from the decor I''m not sure whether it actually has or if they''re just going for a ''retro'' vibe![/quote]

The name most very definately rings a bell as being big on the scene in central Brummagen, but I can''t remember it. Five Ways? There were a couple of hot-spots there.

I often used to hang out in an extremely dubious club in Alum Rock, I think it was called the Spider''s Web, or similar. It was owned, I believe, by one of the Fewtrell brothers. Are that family still big on the Birmingham social scene?

The ''Web'' had the advantage of being near to big fat Tony the Greeks all-night restaurant so you could slope in there after a night of attempted fornication to drink it all off. He never bothered with the niceties of the Licencing Laws. Nor did the local bib seem bothered and they were always in there stuffing their faces with free kebabs.

The ladies of the night used to gather there after putting in their shifts. So it was an interesting venue.

Never let it be said that Birmingham is a boring place, except for Villa Park that is.  Finally we are back to a dull little Glaswegian gentlemen. 

When I wrote the OP here, I was well aware that, like every club, there are good and bad sides. I know some very nice Wolves fans, and I''m sure some NCFC fans have had pleasurable trips to Wolves. But there is definitely a dislike for Wolves amongst Norwich fans, including me, and I wondered if it was just Muscat or more than that. It''s been interesting to read people''s thoughts.

Wolves-In-Peace. Welcome to the board mate, and well done for sticking up for your team. If I venture up to Molineux again I''ll let you take me out for a beer and show me the good pubs! haha.

As for ''the firm'' at Wolves, I actually have respect for them! Allow me to explain. After that Play Off semi, me and my mates walked under that underpass/subway as we''d never heard that there was trouble there. I got a cowardly punch on the back of the head and was spat at so started to run. I remember even an old man with a walking stick trying to stop me as I legged it! I thought we were all together, but when we got to the other side and to a policeman, we realised we were missing one mate.

The police refused to move, and there were loads of Wolves fans surrounding us, but doing nothing because of the police presence. Eventually, my mate walked out of the underpass surrounded by about six massive skin heads.

He told us that he''d been on the ground, getting kicked from all sides, when these boys stood over him and told the other Wolves fans they had to get through them to get to him. They offered to walk us to our car so we didn''t get any more trouble. We had a little map of our car park, and they were holding it upside down and taking us through tiny alleyways. We thought we were just walking into a bigger trap, but eventually we got to our car and they wished us well for the final. They told us that they were off to meet some of our ''firm'' for an organised fight out of the way, but they thought it was out of order for fans to start on us when we didn''t want any trouble. It certainly left me confused about my feelings for Wolves!