Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Your bestest, favourite City striker....EVER!

Following on from the ''manager'' thread.

My choice is Ron Davies, with Grant Holt a mighty close second. Ron imo, had it all, ball control, heading ability and speed, a beautiful player to watch, sheer poetry in motion.

Dean Ashton, Kevin Reeve, Terry Allcock, Hugh Curran and Flecky must all be in with a shout too. ... but whats your choice?

[quote user="baldyboy"]Iwan,  my fave all time player to wear the shirt!!
[/quote]

Off course, Iwan, I really should have added him to my original list........good shout BB.[Y]

Mine would have to be Darren Eadie, lightning pace and a great attitude, he had so much potential and it''s frustrating that injuries robbed him of what should have been a great career.After that there''s a number of other players right up there including Hucks, Drinkell, Fleck and Sutton.

Flecky is clearly a hero and up there but my favourite as a footballer is John Deehan who was just a great player to watch with a "cultured" way of controlling the ball. Just always seemed so effortless.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Surely David Cross was one of the best.[/quote]

Is David Cross an anagram of Cody McDonaild???? [:)]

[/quote]

Nearer to Chris Martin methinks..... [:D]

HOW difficult is this to give a definitive personal answer? Will have to go for one from each of my Canary supporting decades, starting in the latter years of the 70''s...

1970''s- Kevin Reeves

1980''s- Kevin Drinkell

1990''s- Chris Sutton

2000''s- Iwan Roberts

2010''s (thus far)- Grant Holt

But so many more to choose from-Fleckie, Craig Bellamy and a personal favourite, although never a City hero, Malcolm Allen, come to mind.

Exactly Old Shuck. From Curran to Holt they were all favourites of mine at one point. But Sutton and Bellamy perhaps extra special because they were ours. And we have to hope for another like them to come through...

My serious answer actually matches Old Shuck, I started watching city in the late 70''s as a lad so I cant remember too much of that era, but 80''s onwards it would match exactly. I am especially fond of Roberts, he was far more than just a target man, his ability to bring the ball under control irrespective of how hard it was 2nd to none and he had very good touch for a big fella.

[quote user="Hog"]Mines a strange one.....Efan Ekoku, loved the pace and power he had...[/quote]I liked Efan as well, I''ll always remember his 4 goal show against Everton (despite us being outplayed for large parts of the game).If only we''d not been such a selling club at that point he could have gone on to be a real legend IMO.

To tie this in with the managers thread, wasn''t it Walker MkII who signed Iwan?

But such wonderful memories leap forward with all the names mentioned.

Thank you.

[quote user="Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar"]

Drinkell,

He drank lots of beer, smoked lots of fags. had fish and chips for breakfast and drove a sponsered Fiat Uno from Pointers Fiat.

Still managed to score goals.

For all of the above he''s a legend.  

[/quote]

That''s sponsored before the spelling Police caution me.

Drewe Broughton...

...(joke), you could actually see him think before he moved and I''ve seen milk turn quicker.

Flecky & Drinkell were my era and I love them so.

As a young lad I saw Fash do a 1 fingered bushman''s hanky right in front of me by the corner flag and got elbowed in the ribs by my dad telling me not to stare at the phlegm brulee he left behind.

Bar that, he was an awesome forward.

[quote user="Zak Burger"]Keith Bertschin. No reason, wholly irrational he just is.
[/quote]

Always a favourite of mine and a very young Duncan. With his binner history he had to win over the fans more than most but he did that. Not least in Feb ''83 FA Cup 5th round against them when he scored the only goal. A great partner for Deehan and if 110% exists that''s what he put in everytime he wore the shirt[Y]

I had a soft spot for Gordon Bolland, because he was so much in Ron Davies''s shadow. But a decent player in his own right. In terms of best, .MacDougall was the best pure goalscorer. Probably Reeves the best all-round striker. Boyer the cleverest. Fleck the most unpredictable. But a toss-up between Davies and Sutton for best overall.