Sign in to follow this  
SNAP

Clueless

When you fail to sign a proper striker and think that playing Morison instead of Holt will solve the problem and you dont play Wes last week because the opposition is too tall but lay him against Newcastle there is only one conclusion - clueless.

There is little point in living off the misfortune of being sacked as Newcastle manager and replaced by a guy who is far more successful and being the media''s favourite person when you don''t have what it takes to change the course of a match when you are on top and 1-0 down. How many time did "he who''s name must not be mentioned for fear of upsetting the board police" make late substitutions that changed a game in our favour?

Maybe we are happy to clear the debts and go back to being a Championship side managed by a nice guy.

He seems to respond to criticsms on here. Earlier, he switched to 2 strikers after the Fulham game brought on howls of "2 up front is what we need!" He put Holt on the bench after all the comments about how he''s a slow starter, and benching/subbing him was what got him going last year. And as you adroitly pointed out, he played Wes Hoolahan after being dressed down on here for not using him as a sub when he could have turned the game on its ear.

So, he makes the changes we want, just not when they should be made. Here''s my plan. Start howling for the line up we want for the NEXT game now so by the time it gets here, Hughton knows the game plan and executes it on time.

[quote user="SNAP"]

When you fail to sign a proper striker and think that playing Morison instead of Holt will solve the problem and you dont play Wes last week because the opposition is too tall but lay him against Newcastle there is only one conclusion - clueless.

There is little point in living off the misfortune of being sacked as Newcastle manager and replaced by a guy who is far more successful and being the media''s favourite person when you don''t have what it takes to change the course of a match when you are on top and 1-0 down. How many time did "he who''s name must not be mentioned for fear of upsetting the board police" make late substitutions that changed a game in our favour?

Maybe we are happy to clear the debts and go back to being a Championship side managed by a nice guy.

[/quote]

Is that the same " He who`s name that must not be mentioned" who left out Holt for morrison at thestart of last season?

If he listens and responds to people who post ideas on here, then i want Hughton to send me a large envelope full of £20 notes please. He can pm me for my address.

we werent clueless today - we failed to finished and sat too deep in midfield in some elements of the game but we matched newcastle and offered more attacking variation today than in all games bar spurs.

Morison was far better than holt has been and our goal threat fell away once we went 442. At least when holt came on he showed some passion which he has not shown in previous games - although he did end up doing little more than conceding free kicks.

Sometime I despair at city fans - we will find the net again and start picking up some points.

Quite so, moan pig - Holt seems to need a goal or two to get going, and I certainly hope he plays midweek. He was definitely dropped to the bench for several games last season, but no one complained as it came off.

Re substitutions, I don''t agree Hughton is clueless, either: it is ok when playing lesser teams in lower leagues to make changes that catch out sides late on, as Lambert did, but just how many times did it work in the PL last season? Sides at this level are probably far too cute to be caught out.